What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

The front sides of the turret are reserved for the akkor radar as i know.therefore is it flat.

Look at other tanks for comparison ;
Turret always angled
Abrams m1a2 sep v3 ;
23m5wmg.jpg

Challenger 2 LEP ;
oa22rb.jpg

Merkava Mk IV ;
wi0ahc.jpg

Leopard 2A7 ;
19p1jd.jpg

T90 MS ;
2076o03.jpg

.I think it would be a better tank if the front turret angles like 45 degrees.
Bro, you can even think that sun is purple.

If you can't give the reasons, why "it's better" (technical)....than your opinion holds no real value.

Modern Tanks are using reactive armor, it doesnt matter if you turn it 45 degrees oblique. Turn the armor slightly 45 degrees so you can ricochet the ammunition? A sabot round or a ATGM will continue do the work and that is pentrating. You better install a reactive armor.

Bro, you can even think that sun is purple.

If you can't give the reasons, why "it's better" (technical)....than your opinion holds no real value.

Sinan i found out that The turret armor cheaks gonna have Akkor sensors in the future so they are going to add module in the front in the end it will look very much like the 3d fotos.

altay_tank.jpg
[/quote]

*Special Thanks to Battlestar

Sinan i found out that The turret armor cheaks gonna have Akkor sensors in the future so they are going to add module in the front in the end it will look very much like the 3d fotos.

altay_tank.jpg

*Special Thanks to Battlestar[/QUOTE]
There is no definite information for that....maybe yes, maybe no.....

This photo is from Aselsan's Website.
akkor_pg1.jpg

http://www.aselsan.com.tr/tr-tr/basin-odasi/haberler/Sayfalar/akkor20151130_1.aspx

^^^You can clearly see that there are no slope on the front armor.

Also, although i'm not sure, additional armor on the front..might block the view of the situational cameras.
RQm0Jn.jpg

i know that sinan i remind you that i didnt list that tank in my preview post. my question remains the same.I think it would be a better tank if the front turret angles like 45 degrees.

It is well known that the existence of new generation composite armor has made sloping obsolete. Modern Composite armour is far more effective when the projectile hits it dead straight. If the composite is hit at an angle it does not perform the way it is designed.

i think our altay turret shape is wrong take a look at leopard 2 , challenger 2 , t 90, abrams m1a2sep all these tanks uses a turret that angles its front like 45 degrees.Effective armor strength will be much more in that way. they must know this

Modern ATM like Javelin has "top attack" capability. A shape turrent would not help against this kind of modern ATM.

AFAIK There are different kinds of reactive armour. Explosive RA and Unexplosive RA.
According product manager of Altay in youtube:
Altay has compozit and reactive armour. Could you please inform us ALTAY's reactive armour is explosive?

AFAIK There are different kinds of reactive armour. Explosive RA and Unexplosive RA.
According product manager of Altay in youtube:
Altay has compozit and reactive armour. Could you please inform us ALTAY's reactive armour is explosive?
Correct me if I am wrong but Afaik explosive reactive armors are always add on?

Enjoy ! My pleasure. ^ ^

Password Vimeo video : AdamaBattlestar

Simulation related to armour development of Altay.

Bonus.

That is some thick multi-layer roof to armour of Altay without the external composite armour.

Nurol Tecnologies Defense Industry

Roketsan - Ballistic Protection Systems

Altay Ballistic Test

He said "reaktif zırh kullanılıyor aynı zamanda kompozit zırh kullanılıyor."

Sadece reaktif derken explosive olup olmadığını kastetmiştim.

Reaktif artı kompozit kısmında şüphe yok. Reaktif ama nasıl bir reaktif? ERA da reaktif , NERAda reaktif. Belki patlayicisiz reaktif zirh yapmislardir? Merak ettigim oydu.

Back
Top Bottom