What's new

Altay & Turkish Main Battle Tank Programs

Most probably, Front of turret will also receive add-on armours in final phase. Side armour plates on chassis will also be applied... Hope to see final one in IDEF'15.

Last edited:
Most probably, Front of turret will also receive add-on armours in final phase. Side armour plates on chassis will also be applied... Hope to see final one in IDEF'15.
I thought the same first. But i thought adding armour on the front might block the view of AKKOR's radar ?

7.jpg

When you compare it with compare it with K2's radar.
2007030200390_5.jpg

I thought the same first. But i thought adding armour on the front might block the view of AKKOR's radar ?

View attachment 217042

2007030200390_5.jpg

Mate thats not a radar, thats the Laser Warning Receiver.

(Dont know if you ment the red square in the Altay picturer or something else..)

Last edited:

View attachment 217042

2007030200390_5.jpg

Bro, I think They are not radars(Altay) but most probably IR cameras which provide 360 degree awareness. LWR sensors are openly seen at the top of them. Likely cameras may even have IRST capabilities as well so mentioned add-on front armours doesn't block anything, since commander(360 degree) and gunner periscopes have already been stationed to watch front section of turret.

Do you think it is possible decrease of unit cost after a few hundred tanks ? Or 1000 tanks ?
to be honest, i dont think so, because, Turkey planned in advance to produce 1000 tanks, and the production line will be built based on that, which directly influence the cost.. In case, Turkey receive many more export orders, the price will come down, but, by the inflation, it will stay almost the same..
Producing engine will influence price way too much...
Hmm, well ok, as far as i know T-129 is much more expensive than WZ-10 which is one of the major obstacles in Pakistan ordering T-129.
How you know that? based on Chinese members?
first, China produce 3 per month instead 1 per month in Turkey. their production line is bigger, which decrease the cost,
but as Chine spent lots of money to produce the engine or basically to develop the helicopter, the cost of it will be distributed to many orders by CHinese army..
But i believe, there wouldnt be more difference, as Turkey offer one of the best technology...

Mate thats not a radar, thats the Laser Warning Receiver.

(Dont know if you ment the red square in the Altay picturer or something else..)

Mate, LWR is here.
9440281pglgf5g5.jpg

5704589bghnv8hfvtft.jpg

Bro, I think They are not radars(Altay) but most probably IR cameras which provide 360 degree awareness. LWR sensors are openly seen at the top of them. Likely cameras may even have IRST capabilities as well so mentioned add-on front armours doesn't block anything, since commander(360 degree) and gunner periscopes have already been stationed to watch front section of turret.
That means APS system will solely rely on the IR signature of the incoming projectiles?

Or Maybe they will implement Search and Track radar like on K2... :meeting:

8350364huh45.jpg
KlaeDRy.jpg

Attachments

• altay.jpg
    altay.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 2229592hgu55.png
    2229592hgu55.png
    193 KB · Views: 76
Last edited by a moderator:
how many radars and sensors does the Korean tank have :blink:
From MP.net

There are actually three types of sensors used by the K2 APS for threat identification. One is an a Search and Track Radar that actively tracks and calculates the trajectory of incoming projectiles. The other is an EO/IR tracker which tracks projectiles by their heat profile. The last one is a Missile Warning Receiver (MWR)/Passive Radar which warns against any microwave/radar/laser designators painting the tank, either from the munition itself or from the launching platform.

@Sinan Its seems legit yeah, although i am surprized that we already have the Radar equipt while the AKKOR is still in development, granted we dont know the status of the project. i always assumed that it was LRW.

@500

Any idea with the gray patches on the tank ?

Anti-slip coating. :smart:

View attachment 217042

2007030200390_5.jpg
Mate, LWR is here.
View attachment 217150

View attachment 217152

That means APS system will solely rely on the IR signature of the incoming projectiles?

Or Maybe they will implement Search and Track radar like on K2... :meeting:

View attachment 217165 View attachment 217166
From MP.net

There are actually three types of sensors used by the K2 APS for threat identification. One is an a Search and Track Radar that actively tracks and calculates the trajectory of incoming projectiles. The other is an EO/IR tracker which tracks projectiles by their heat profile. The last one is a Missile Warning Receiver (MWR)/Passive Radar which warns against any microwave/radar/laser designators painting the tank, either from the munition itself or from the launching platform.

:shout: :drag: :laugh:

See all old links :

Altay MBT Program | Page 88

What i don't understand is some people say ALTAY looks like K-2... Why they say so ?.. It has no similaroty other then the word 'Tanks look like each other"... Please someone who claims this point out the things which makes ALTAY sama with K-2 by marking them on these photos...

Also we didn't see ALTAY's final image yet...

1.jpg
2.jpg

use this foto

No mate it would be wrong... Because with this reverse photo everythings' side changes... Better you delete this photo before it spreads...

People may think this photo is original...

So according to the pic on the right add-on armours in front of turret will be added?(yani inşallah)

Back
Top Bottom