What's new

Altaf Hussain gives Muftis, Ulema 24 Hrs to Condemn Attack on Malala

Status
Not open for further replies.
KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain on Thursday gave 24 hours ultimatum to all top muftis and ulema (clerics) of the country to openly denounce the cowardly attack on young Pakistani children’s rights activist Malala Yousafzai or else he will ‘expose’ them, DawnNews reported.

In a statement, issued by the party, Hussain vowed to expose all clerics, who will fail to condemn the attack by banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), in his scheduled speech at the party’s workers convention on Sunday.

The MQM chief had declared the attack on Malala as an attack on all humanity and said that perpetrators of the vile act should be swiftly brought to justice.

Malala along with two other schoolmates sustained bullet injuries when armed assailants opened fire on their school van in Mingora city, Swat on Tuesday.

The TTP had taken responsibility for attacking the national peace award winner on the same day.

The Taliban, who have killed thousands of people across Pakistan in the last five years and destroyed hundreds of girls’ schools, have issued a statement saying that any female who opposes them should be killed.

Altaf gives muftis, ulema 24 hrs to condemn attack on Malala | DAWN.COM

khud kuon cleric bun jaatay (oh phir song kaisy chlao gay dada) aur fatwa day do, ap ki dhamkee par dyee gai fatwa ki kia credibility ho gi...:D

Altaf advises people to only pray behind leaders condemning Malala attack

Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain appealed to the people of Pakistan belonging to different schools of thought to refrain from offering prayers behind ulemas who do not condemn the attack on Malala Yousufzai by the Taliban and advised them to offer prayers in the mosques where the ulemas condemned the attack.
Hussain also requested ulemas belonging to different schools of thought to denounce the attack on Malala and her fellow students during congregational prayers on Friday.
He asked the congregations to offer special prayers for Malala’s well-being and health and for the other students who were injured in the attack.
The MQM chief praised ulemas belonging to Muttahida Bainul Muslimeen Forum and others for showing courage and condemning the incident. He asked them to unite for saving the country.
DawnNews reported that Hussain urged all office bearers, party workers and peace loving citizens of Pakistan to submit the details of all muftis and ulemas in their localities within a week – irrespective of the sect they belong to – to the party’s sector offices situated near their residence.
He said that the details of all religious leaders holding different positions and titles such as mufti, imam, aalim and khatib, collected from all sectors will be consolidated at MQM headquarters, Nine Zero.
Hussain further said that the names of the people who refuse to give the information should be noted down so that the government itself could obtain the details.

Hussai*n urges citize*ns and the countr*y to submit detail*s of all muftis and ulemas in their locali*ties within a week.

Women have to wear Hijab when they go out on that they are right but women have to get education on education they are wrong

Sir for your information it was your Army who attacked the Tribal areas first and on whose ordered they entered Tribals Areas we all know that

And what if they do not wish to do so? It is a woman's personal choice, as is her choice of religious affiliation; neither is it "Islamic" to force the Hijab down a woman's throat with the barrel of an AK.

They're wrong and need to be eradicated. Seriously, PA should just carpet bomb Eastern Afghanistan and offer the Haqqani Network an ultimatum to either take care of the TTP in NWA, or be kicked out themselves too.

Brilliant! What a great guy!

Funny how he's only taking this line after an emotive, nationally-hitting issue. Hm?

greattt seriously great move by altaf.

however, the uleams FAILED to listen to him & didn't condemn the attack now what more than 24 hours have happened!!

what next just sit quietly and finish??

this is what i dislike about MQM it gives out statements that make breaking news but never follow up!

statements like ENEMIES OF PAKISTAN WILL BREAK PAKISTAN.....then silence

then statement like

LET US STOP THE ENEMY FROM SCHEMING AGAINST PAKISTAN....then silence!

big statements not followed up with action are meaningless! and only count as TRP rating things.

I PERSONALLY FEEL ALL ULEAM'S SHOULD BE MONITORED & FRIDAY KHUTBA SHOULD COME FROM ONE AWQAAF COMMITTE! AND EVERYONE MUST ABIDE BY IT! I AM SICK & TIRED OF MULLAH'S DISCUSSING POLITICS IN OUR FRIDAY PRAYERS! INSTEAD OF TEACHING US THE BASICS OF ISLAM!

Funny how he's only taking this line after an emotive, nationally-hitting issue. Hm?

Can't blame ya considering you're not even in Pakistan, let alone Karachi(Or so says your profile).
Altaf's stance over Mullahs is, by no means, a secret. The Man has been quite vocal against Mullahs.

greattt seriously great move by altaf.

however, the uleams FAILED to listen to him & didn't condemn the attack now what more than 24 hours have happened!!

what next just sit quietly and finish??

this is what i dislike about MQM it gives out statements that make breaking news but never follow up!

statements like ENEMIES OF PAKISTAN WILL BREAK PAKISTAN.....then silence

then statement like

LET US STOP THE ENEMY FROM SCHEMING AGAINST PAKISTAN....then silence!

big statements not followed up with action are meaningless! and only count as TRP rating things.

I PERSONALLY FEEL ALL ULEAM'S SHOULD BE MONITORED & FRIDAY KHUTBA SHOULD COME FROM ONE AWQAAF COMMITTE! AND EVERYONE MUST ABIDE BY IT! I AM SICK & TIRED OF MULLAH'S DISCUSSING POLITICS IN OUR FRIDAY PRAYERS! INSTEAD OF TEACHING US THE BASICS OF ISLAM!

When i spare my own personal time and go to mosque for jumaa.
I wont want to listen to a muppet whose speach was typed in some government office.
At the same time i am no idiot who if told to go shooting by some loon..will do so.
Guys like you disgrace scholors and all mosque goers,and you have no right to do so.

And by which law or authority altaf has the audacity to issue ultymatums?
Isnt it pure hareasment which is illegal by Pakistani law?

The only thing i agree is that yes,friday speach shouldnt be a political speach.

When i spare my own personal time and go to mosque for jumaa.
I wont want to listen to a muppet whose speach was typed in some government office.
At the same time i am no idiot who if told to go shooting by some loon..will do so.
Guys like you disgrace scholors and all mosque goers,and you have no right to do so.
Keeo you liberal jibberish to yourself.
And by which law or authority altaf has the audacity to issue ultymatums?
Isnt it pure hareasment which is illegal by Pakistani law?

there has to be some govt regulation. Or alternative is govt implement anti discriminatory laws ?? there has to be a way forward. Give some options and this might help instead of criticizing every thing.

Govt can introduce some sort of certification program from clerics

Good move by Altaf. Not only this but he should take permission of Army(As govt & police is good for nothing) & strictly & covertly moniter all these mullas atleast in Karachi & Sindh. Send MQM mens in disguise of normal mulla dress who will talk to these mullas & record every thing what they says & if they are wrong then with Army's permission send them in next world. Pakistan cannot tolerate this mullaism burden anymore. Pakistan was based on Sufi Islam. TTP Islam(Self made) & indian/bdshi Islam(where they say you can go to Mosque, Church & Temple being Muslim, you can eat non-halal meat just recite Bismillah before that) are not welcome in Pakistan.

Good move by Altaf. Not only this but he should take permission of Army(As govt & police is good for nothing) & strictly & covertly moniter all these mullas atleast in Karachi & Sindh. Send MQM mens in disguise of normal mulla dress who will talk to these mullas & record every thing what they says & if they are wrong then with Army's permission send them in next world. Pakistan cannot tolerate this mullaism burden anymore. Pakistan was based on Sufi Islam. TTP Islam(Self made) & indian/bdshi Islam(where they say you can go to Mosque, Church & Temple being Muslim, you can eat non-halal meat just recite Bismillah before that) are not welcome in Pakistan.

so is that indian version of islam present in pakistan

so is that indian version of islam present in pakistan

Luckily no, but i said that so it will be clear that i don't support any 2 versions which are not even Islam. Real Islam is Pakistani Islam, i.e Sufiesm/Sufi Islam.

Luckily no, but i said that so it will be clear that i don't support any 2 versions which are not even Islam. Real Islam is Pakistani Islam, i.e Sufiesm/Sufi Islam.

But i have seen several pakistani posters saying sufism is not real islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom