What's new

Alleged Galaxy Note 7 explosion burns down man’s house

The Sandman

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Do yourself a favor: if you still own a Galaxy Note 7, follow these instructions to participate in the recall. At this point, there’s no way of telling which Galaxy Note 7 is safe to use, or when – if ever – they might explode. A man in Horry County, South Carolina, left his Galaxy Note 7 charging in the garage and left to pick up his daughters. When he returned home, he found his house in flames with firefighters already at the scene.

“Everybody was here, and they were actually at the front door about ready to go inside and make the initial fire attack. Somebody told me that there was a fire in the garage. You know, you just don’t really ever think it will happen to you,” Wesley Hartzog
Hartzog told WMBF News. “They asked me if I had anything plugged in in the garage. My cell phone, which was the new Note 7, was plugged in in the garage. I also had an air compressor plugged into the same outlet, but the compressor wasn’t on.”

The cause of the fire is under investigation. Horry County Fire Rescue investigators said the fires originated near a wall where Hartzog’s Galaxy Note 7 was charging. Meanwhile, the man’s family has been displaced from their house, which is now condemned.

“As soon as they can finish the investigation, and the insurance company for the home and Samsung can determine the exact the cause of the fire, whatever it may be, and then be able to move back in, and somebody comes in, and we’re able to clean it up,” he said.

This is the second reported incident involving an exploding Galaxy Note 7 in the US.
http://bgr.com/2016/09/07/galaxy-note-7-recall-explosion-house-fire/

There have been 30 separate incidents of batteries exploding in new launched Galaxy Note 7 and thus Samsung has been forced to recall the Galaxy note 7 from the market and from customers. It uses two batteries from different vendors and one of them explodes.

14117735_1254725137894522_2724808723767475898_n.jpg

Kinda hard to believe this what do you guys say?
@Zibago @django @Nilgiri @Mentee

I think its possible...esp if there was something flammable in the immediate area (table cloth, bedding, curtain etc). Houses are pretty surprisingly burnable esp if you are away and cant quell the initial ignition/spread etc. Samsung note7 exploding/fireing up is now a known issue

Lol at the post below yours (I reported it)....but just in case @waz have a look at it.

I think its possible...esp if there was something flammable in the immediate area (table cloth, bedding, curtain etc). Houses are pretty surprisingly burnable esp if you are away and cant quell the initial ignition/spread etc. Samsung note7 exploding/fireing up is now a known issue

Lol at the post below yours (I reported it)....but just in case @waz have a look at it.
You think he can sue Samsung for this and get back the money he lost because of them?
:lol:

You think he can sue Samsung for this and get back the money he lost because of them?
:lol:

Sure. He will need to get a good lawyer though and be prepared to take a gamble financially. The lawyer may even advise its not worth it.

Samsungs lawyers have plenty of experience handling all kinds of lawsuits....its amazing what they put in the fine print disclaimers and then argue their butts off in court about.

Sure. He will need to get a good lawyer though and be prepared to take a gamble financially. The lawyer may even advise its not worth it.

Samsungs lawyers have plenty of experience handling all kinds of lawsuits....its amazing what they put in the fine print disclaimers and then argue their butts off in court about.
Well i hope he do that and make Samsung pay for his loss

My friend, welcome to the age of smart weapons cum personal gadgets, one click and your enemy would be resting in heavens, and the manufacturing company be like , it was a malfunction, we are ready to pay off the damages, case closed :D
What an evil idea mentee :lol::lol::lol::enjoy:

Many house in USA are made of wood unlike Pakistan where most of houses are made brick, mortar and concrete.

Do yourself a favor: if you still own a Galaxy Note 7, follow these instructions to participate in the recall. At this point, there’s no way of telling which Galaxy Note 7 is safe to use, or when – if ever – they might explode. A man in Horry County, South Carolina, left his Galaxy Note 7 charging in the garage and left to pick up his daughters. When he returned home, he found his house in flames with firefighters already at the scene.

“Everybody was here, and they were actually at the front door about ready to go inside and make the initial fire attack. Somebody told me that there was a fire in the garage. You know, you just don’t really ever think it will happen to you,” Wesley Hartzog
Hartzog told WMBF News. “They asked me if I had anything plugged in in the garage. My cell phone, which was the new Note 7, was plugged in in the garage. I also had an air compressor plugged into the same outlet, but the compressor wasn’t on.”

The cause of the fire is under investigation. Horry County Fire Rescue investigators said the fires originated near a wall where Hartzog’s Galaxy Note 7 was charging. Meanwhile, the man’s family has been displaced from their house, which is now condemned.

“As soon as they can finish the investigation, and the insurance company for the home and Samsung can determine the exact the cause of the fire, whatever it may be, and then be able to move back in, and somebody comes in, and we’re able to clean it up,” he said.

This is the second reported incident involving an exploding Galaxy Note 7 in the US.
http://bgr.com/2016/09/07/galaxy-note-7-recall-explosion-house-fire/
I was planning on buying a Note 7......
Guess I'll wait :/

Back
Top Bottom