What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Lt Colonel Amir Ahmed Khan, HIT's deputy director, marketing and procurement, told AFP the company was now working on a deal to sell its Al-Khalid tanks to Saudi Arabia.

“We are in a very advanced stage of striking the deal with Saudi Arabia and already they have used the tanks on a trial basis,” Khan said.

Dec 07, 2014
@al-Hasani

10577000_506987706100546_5517839271554882479_n.png

Pakistani president pervez musharraf saidwhile giving first batch to army that these newly built "indigenous" mbt could be matched only by the german leopards. "with the highest power to weight ratio in the world, al-khalid has agility that can be matched only by the german leopard. "its ability to automatically track targets, similarly, is available only on the french leclerc. with hunter killer day-night sight and a state of the art fire control system, al-khalid is truly a world class tank,"
tank was built within eight years at a cost of $20 million

7) Engine , mobility , suspension, transmission

The production model Al-Khalid is powered by a 6TD-2 liquid-cooled diesel engine, designed by the Kharkiv Morozov Design Bureau (KMDB) of Ukraine. The 6TD-2 is a supercharged 6-cylinder engine delivering 1,200 horsepower (890 kW). The 2-stroke design, with the pistons arranged horizontally in an opposed piston configuration, makes the engine very compact and therefore more suitable for being fitted into relatively small vehicles such as the Al-Khalid MBT.[24]

The engine is most likely turbocharged, not supercharged

Can someone tell me that when Al-Khalid 2(MBT 3000) is coming out

It is not AORAK ERA it is Varta modulators
@Sulman Badshah Please answer him
FB_IMG_1439210852098.jpg

FB_IMG_1439210901681.jpg

yes .. they new one is Modernised AK .. It is called as AK1
the details i know are the tonnage is the same
Ammunition capacity increased to 49 125 mm rounds, 1,500 12.7 mm rounds and 7,100 7.62 mm rounds
identification and engagement range also increased
digital driver panel,
IBMS,
side-skirts,
track pads,
Autoloader rate of fire increased from 6 round/minute to 9 round per minute
Ukrainian Varta electro-optical jammer (disrupts laser rangefinders, laser designators and anti-tank guided missile tracking systems),
Sagem third-generation thermal imagers upgraded from 2nd generation thermal imagers ..
Improved NBC protection and air conditioning system

Hope we get powerpack tank in 2016 major issues were army saying it canot dive in water where depth are more like rivers other wise all awsome details

I want to command this tank(definitely the improved version) Inshallah one day I will.

I really like the characteristics of this tank. Is the secondary gun manually controlled by hand?

Back
Top Bottom