What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

I thought that VT-4 tank was a cancelled project or is it Type 99 A2 ?
@DESERT FIGHTER @wanglaokan @Quwa
Modify the cooling fins to prevent the engine go over heat in desert? RTA inquired T99A2 back in year 2008, we turned down their request and they went for Oplot. We offered them MBT2000 with Ukranie engine, they prefer a Chinese made engine(we didn't have the permission to export back then). Now MBT3000 is almost equivalent to T99A2 in many expect even better(except armour), especially with a domestic 1300HP water cooling Diesel engine.

I thought that VT-4 tank was a cancelled project or is it Type 99 A2 ?
@DESERT FIGHTER @wanglaokan @Quwa
What is the status of Al Haider bidding? VT4 is out? Did PLA send in the MBT99A2 for test? Said Oplot and VT4 both failed in the desert test, then which tank PA is going for?

Modify the cooling fins to prevent the engine go over heat in desert? RTA inquired T99A2 back in year 2008, we turned down their request and they went for Oplot. We offered them MBT2000 with Ukranie engine, they prefer a Chinese made engine(we didn't have the permission to export back then). Now MBT3000 is almost equivalent to T99A2 in many expect even better(except armour), especially with a domestic 1300HP water cooling Diesel engine.

What is the status of Al Haider bidding? VT4 is out? Did PLA send in the MBT99A2 for test? Said Oplot and VT4 both failed in the desert test, then which tank PA is going for?
I think PA should evaluate Type 99 A2. Altay has 120 mm smoothbore gun and we operate 125 mm smoothbore gun so unless Turkey is willing to sell Altay with 125 mm smoothbore gun we should evaluate it other wise PA should evaluate Type 99 A2.
@Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER @Zarvan

I think PA should evaluate Type 99 A2. Altay has 120 mm smoothbore gun and we operate 125 mm smoothbore gun so unless Turkey is willing to sell Altay with 125 mm smoothbore gun we should evaluate it other wise PA should evaluate Type 99 A2.
@Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER @Zarvan
Zoom in and take a good look.

upload_2016-5-17_14-45-45.png

Pakistan is interested in South Korean K-2 MBT engine for upgradation of Al khalid engine

Source:Someone posted it on themess

Chinese will come back with a better or rectified engine. Oplot-M is not certain to come back. Russians may send a variant of their T99.

COAS will discuss the type-99 as VT-4 IS OFF THE TABLE due to recent trials.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom