What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

@DESERT FIGHTER @Dazzler @Ulla @fatman17

What is status of Al Khalid production?
Apparently no Al Khalid is rolling out of HIT production line,
Is the production is seized to 300 Al Khalids?
Was it not planned to produce 600 AK untill 2017 and then upgrade them to AK1 standard?
Any solid info about number of Al Khalid tanks produced so far? Also Al Zarrar?
AK: 300
AZ: 600
?

@DESERT FIGHTER @Dazzler @Ulla @fatman17

What is status of Al Khalid production?
Apparently no Al Khalid is rolling out of HIT production line,
Is the production is seized to 300 Al Khalids?
Was it not planned to produce 600 AK untill 2017 and then upgrade them to AK1 standard?
Any solid info about number of Al Khalid tanks produced so far? Also Al Zarrar?
AK: 300
AZ: 600
?

2014-- 420+ produced + 50 on order.

Official stats from that year... I don't know who told you production is offline.

2014-- 420+ produced + 50 on order.

Official stats from that year
I hope you are right and I am wrong ...................

I don't know who told you production is offline.

Personal experience from Internship in HIT almost 4 years ago. (I was not interested in equipment at all at that time)
Almost 70% factory was in ''hibernation mode'' ........... only saw Construction of Main Guns in Foundries and as per Workers and Staff there, lack of funds and power ruined the production of Al Khalid.

Wajahat Ali Khan while interviewing Gen Hameed Gul also mentioned the fact that no tank has rooled out of production line of HIT in past two years (2010-12) ................

But I do hope I prove wrong. ......................

Personal experience from Internship in HIT almost 4 years ago. (I was not interested in equipment at all at that time)
Almost 70% factory was in ''hibernation mode'' ........... only saw Construction of Main Guns in Foundries and as per Workers and Staff there, lack of funds and power ruined the production of Al Khalid.

Wajahat Ali Khan while interviewing Gen Hameed Gul also mentioned the fact that no tank has rooled out of production line of HIT in past two years (2010-12) ................

Well he most probably is right but we need to stop after 500 to 600 AL KHALID 1 and now focus should be AL KHALID II and AL HAIDER projects and if possible Altay.

I did hear and read the same for the period of 2010-2013.

You can't hit T-90 MBT easily because it has double tier protection system (composite armor+ERA) but after being hit by a single round of T-90 your crew will become chicken tandoori guys, we need heavy tank with strong armor and at least 1500 hp engine and high tech system. VT-4 or AL-KHALID can't be deployed at front line, kindly don't put your soldiers at risk.

Lots of PA Tank inventory needs to be replaced, HIT wont stop production.

You can't hit T-90 MBT easily because it has double tier protection system (composite armor+ERA) but after being hit by a single round of T-90 your crew will become chicken tandoori guys, we need heavy tank with strong armor and at least 1500 hp engine and high tech system. VT-4 or AL-KHALID can't be deployed at front line, kindly don't put your soldiers at risk.

Explain the reason as to why t-90 will penetrate and AK will not. Despite the fact the former has less thicker composite armor at the frontal arc, compared to AK, and it is made of mostly semi hardness steel, while AK is made of high hardened steel.

And don't even discuss about ammo, its too funny and embarrassing to compare the two.

Heavy mbts will not work on soft sandy terrain, especially the desert and plain region. see how the arjun has been struggling on similar terrain.

Thailand royal army had signed a contract to buy 150 units of VT4 from China, T90 offer is rejected. Very good news.

Wise decision, given the vast performance differences between the two, it was a given. Off course, Chinese had sweetened the deal by slashing prices.

Wise decision, given the vast performance differences between the two, it was a given. Off course, Chinese had sweetened the deal by slashing prices.
PA army chief now is visiting China with new PLA marshal, maybe will be some surprise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom