What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Just an inside news that you guys might not like to hear. Al-Khalid tanks have miserably failed in the recent war in terror. They faced numerous problems as well as glitches. My friend who is a former captain told me that
- the whole software system would shut down if the tank comes under enemy attack. The tank was just not ready to absorb the shock.
- The engine would heat up so much that the crew hated being inside for more than few hours.
- Very bad at taking enemy rounds.
But again, he told me that the military is aware of the failures and is working hard to bring modifications.

Just an inside news that you guys might not like to hear. Al-Khalid tanks have miserably failed in the recent war in terror. They faced numerous problems as well as glitches. My friend who is a former captain told me that
- the whole software system would shut down if the tank comes under enemy attack. The tank was just not ready to absorb the shock.
- The engine would heat up so much that the crew hated being inside for more than few hours.
But again, he told me that the military is aware of the failures and is working hard to bring modifications.

If we can't get it modified than we really need to get some new better Tanks and need them fast Sir even if we have to take financial help from Muslim countries their is no other way if tank is not able to handle Taliban Rockets than How it is supposed to handle enemy Tanks like T-90 @ANTIBODY and others

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can't get it modified than we really need to get some new better Tanks and need them fast Sir even if we have to take financial help from Muslim countries their is no other way if tank is not able to handle Taliban Rockets than How it is supposed to handle enemy Tanks like T-90 @ANTIBODY and others

Alkhalid has Ukrainian engine which is proven engine... Furthermore I dont Agree Rather I find ur post biased. Because Al Khalid was inducted back in 2001's in small numbers and war on terror with Pak's full offense started back in 2006-7, 2005 was not much of big offense. So you mean to say from 2001 to 5 They just being produced without being tested. Pakistan in 88 tested Abrams and our officials were smart enough to find that Abrams of 88 era weren't good in terrains like south asian, So ofcourse when the Al khalid was produced they have noted those things too. Al khalid has mostly main parts of Ukrainian origin no matter even if the body is Chinese design. I have friends too and I know how alkhalid is... Alkhalid is not used in war on terror. Al zarrar and old Chinese Types are used Not a single Alkhalid has yet had any direct engagement !

Last edited by a moderator:

that is absolute and total bs!
it does happen with disgracers. ur friend who couldent make the cut is simply making excuses for his failure to make it in PA.

both al Khalid and Al zarrar have proved them selves outstandingly in wot.
end of discussion

Funny... They have not taken any Al-Khalid from the Indian front to Afghanistan. And as far as I know is that if you can drive very fast in hot sandy dunes for hours with very high temperatures then the western front is a lot easier.

We don't use Al Khalid in the Western front AFAIK, and if anything of the sort would have been going, this forum would have been the first place where that would have been discussed!

Don't disclose such things on Public forum.. The failures must be kept secret...

Only 100mm caliber tanks are used in WOT. Reason being that Pakistan has so many 100mm rounds in storage k agar 10 saal bhi martay rahain na khali deewar par tu phir bhe khatam nahen honay .. :)

After the events of syrian civil war, where home made rpg warheads destroyed t-72s. How can we compare our tanks against ATGMs ?
Do age has to do anything with the strength of armour of a tank? After all it is steel and it remains steel even after 40 years...

After the events of syrian civil war, where home made rpg warheads destroyed t-72s. How can we compare our tanks against ATGMs ?
Do age has to do anything with the strength of armour of a tank? After all it is steel and it remains steel even after 40 years...

Armour of tanks is not steel these days. It is layer after layer of special extra light but dense composite ceramics, titanium and related metals which are twice as effective as steel but only half as heavy encased in special triple hardness steel.

USUALLY. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom