What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

1662588799604.png

1662588842818.png

1662588871180.png

For me ERA has no advantage we seen what happened to ERA Iin Ukraine a total failure Israel don't use them better go for new active protection system

Jangla on the tank to mount era plates what a rubbish idea I'm not a fan of ERA Armour they never worked in wars syria Iraq Ukraine lessons should be learn
For me ERA has no advantage we seen what happened to ERA Iin Ukraine a total failure Israel don't use them better go for new active protection system
If you don't like don't look and plz next time if you can't do anything good stay away is a best yeh forum na Meri na Teri jageer ha nahi dakhni mat dekho
Refer to my last post on this thread.

Do you want HIT to redesign and remake tanks in Uranium Depleted armour.

Active protection doesn't mean tank is invincible. How you gonna protect yourself against top down attack.

Also Merkava is infantry support tank not a intended to go head to head against other tanks

Active protection doesn't mean tank is invincible. How you gonna protect yourself against top down attack.

Also Merkava is infantry support tank not a intended to go head to head against other tanks

I would have expected HIT to already use depleted uranium for armor plating on the base level before ERAs. However, the Challenger and other modern tanks use composites (possibly even DU plating), so as you can see, we are already not thinking ahead.

I would have expected HIT to already use depleted uranium for armor plating on the base level before ERAs. However, the Challenger and other modern tanks use composites (possibly even DU plating), so as you can see, we are already not thinking ahead.

Era keeps weight down . That's why non era tanks are like 60 plus tonnes and era ones are around 50 . Lighter is more suited for Indo pak terrain
Modern era will give good protection the Russian ones were not updated ...

There are some videos though of t 90s taking multiple hits and tactics and training of crew also matters alot

And who says Al Khalid does not have composites?

Era keeps weight down . That's why non era tanks are like 60 plus tonnes and era ones are around 50 . Lighter is more suited for Indo pak terrain
Modern era will give good protection the Russian ones were not updated ...

There are some videos though of t 90s taking multiple hits and tactics and training of crew also matters alot

And who says Al Khalid does not have composites?
He doesn’t know the first thing about tanks, ignore him.

DU armor is pointless, for now. I mean, Uranium Matrixes is just one of many ways to get better KE/CE protection, you don't need it to make better armor packages)

I'm saying build least tanks with better armour engines and trophy type system which provides protection of 360 degrees and top attack protection too

If required depleted armour yes but build tanks in less numbers give them a all round better survival as bilit to and few jammers too t ok jam enemy launchers tracking and lock on

I'm saying build least tanks with better armour engines and trophy type system which provides protection of 360 degrees and top attack protection too

If required depleted armour yes but build tanks in less numbers give them a all round better survival as bilit to and few jammers too t ok jam enemy launchers tracking and lock on
Get quality over numbers

Al Khalid don't have any side skirt back or frontal protection only two plates of ERA on main gun turet that it it's a pathetic selection not getting enough armour even RPG can take them down with few hits

He doesn’t know the first thing about tanks, ignore him.
Yeah ERA has worked in Ukraine here is a picture of T-72B3M with 4S24 Block found the pic in telegram iirc it's from late may and around izyum the RU channel which posted it claimed it was an ATGM which could be true if it's an older ATGM or depending on the angle it was hit it irrc Ni stalli Claimed 4S24 Block was capable of providing 500mm of protection against RPG rounds but in most testing only a single block exploded while here 3 are gone the Russians are even adding ERA on BTR-82s they are attaching metal plates with K-1 it does look dumb but if it gets the job done all good.
IMG_20220918_130714_237.jpg

How you gonna protect yourself against top down attack.
Top attack ATGMs can be countered by systems like Trophy ,Zalson,AVEPS,Quick kill 2.0,Afghanit can also provide top attack protection against IR guided missiles like javelin and there are afew other APS which also provide protection against top attack and like it's always the case with almost every system they can be countered systems like RPG-30 are designed to counter APS ,Kornets can also be launched in tandem to counter APS systems although the accuracy maybe lower

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom