What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

65 nm is a good start.. but we should bring samsung to produce some chips in Turkey even if it means not the latest chip designs.. at least we should get some help from them..

32 nm would be awsome to have in the next 2 years.. but I think that woont be realistic ;)

the only thing that we should have too is a arm licence and the capability to enhance the chips with own crypto code graphic processing for our weapon systems stronger fpu etc etc

Nvidia GTX Titan X, the top single processor gaming video card is "28 nm", 65nm still has value, what were you talking about again?
Titan X is dual GPU version of Titan... and it's OUTDATED... 14nm is the current technology. not just at PCs even the cellphones have 14nm architecture now --->
Samsung Unveils First 14nm Mobile Processor

22nm could be at acceptable but sorry you can't compete in today's market with a 65nm processor... AMD still produces 32nm processors and everybody makes fun of them... nobody buys an AMD CPU anymore.

it's a dead investment

Nobody gives a fvck about a 65nm processor make it 14nm or at least 22nm or go home.

You're replying to an April Fools day article from 2010. Relax.

In any case, there are many applications for processors that don't use the smallest process geometry, especially hardened military and aerospace processors. For example, last year NASA launched a new spacecraft called Orion which uses a 130nm processor. Link This year most of the latest hardened FPGAs and high speed ASICs are using a 65-90nm a process. Not every processor has to be designed for morons like you to play Call of Duty on.

Why is this discussion happening here? I was looking forward to some Anka news :(

Titan X is dual GPU version of Titan... and it's OUTDATED... 14nm is the current technology. not just at PCs even the cellphones have 14nm architecture now --->
Samsung Unveils First 14nm Mobile Processor

22nm could be at acceptable but sorry you can't compete in today's market with a 65nm processor... AMD still produces 32nm processors and everybody makes fun of them... nobody buys an AMD CPU anymore.

it's a dead investment

Dude, you've got everything wrong, very wrong.

Yavaş yahu o kadar hızlı değil. AMD'yi ezikliyorsunuz ama İntel'in attığı kazıklara mahkum olurdunuz o zaman. PS4 Xbox one hep AMD işlemci kullanıyor ve AMD güçlü işlemcileri iyi fiyatlarda satıyor. Günlük kullanıcılar CPU GPU hakkında zerre kadar bir şey bilmiyor bilen kişiler olan gamerlar arasında AMD pek de az satmıyor hani. Hem askeri işlemcilere biraz bakın öyle uçuk performanslara sahip olmaları gerekmiyor.

Last edited:
You're replying to an April Fools day article from 2010. Relax.

In any case, there are many applications for processors that don't use the smallest process geometry, especially hardened military and aerospace processors. For example, last year NASA launched a new spacecraft called Orion which uses a 130nm processor. Link This year most of the latest hardened FPGAs and high speed ASICs are using a 65-90nm a process. Not every processor has to be designed for morons like you to play Call of Duty on.
and how many orion spacecraft will be made? 10? 20?

and who said that spacecraft has great procssing needs? must be a moron like you who doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

Yeah so there's a 130nm processor on Orion... because they don't need almost any processing power. In almost any application that requires some real processing power be it home use or commercial 65nm processors are OUTDATED

for almost any other application you can buy a 45nm processor off sahibinden.com for 20 liras congratulations now you can go to space.

and posts like this getting high likes is why this place is joke.

Orion probably doesn't even need a CPU... astronaouts who use it are probably smart enough to make the trajectory calculations in their heads... computer is probably only there for conveniance
Why is this discussion happening here? I was looking forward to some Anka news :(
I just pointed out how OUTDATED 65nm microprocessor technology is... and people went crazy

Yavaş yahu o kadar hızlı değil. AMD'yi ezikliyorsunuz ama İntel'in attığı kazıklara mahkum olurdunuz o zaman. PS4 Xbox one hep AMD işlemci kullanıyor ve AMD güçlü işlemcileri iyi fiyatlarda satıyor. Günlük kullanıcılar CPU GPU hakkında zerre kadar bir şey bilmiyor bilen kişiler olan gamerlar arasında AMD pek de az satmıyor hani. Hem askeri işlemcilere biraz bakın öyle uçuk performanslara sahip olmaları gerekmiyor.
oyun konsollarını örnek veriyorsun paşam? :D

çok uçuk performanslara sahip olmayan şeyler için üretim bandı açmaya gerek yok, bankanın biri ana bilgisayarını yeniler tonla 45-32nm işlemci çıkar sana tanesi 20 liradan alırsın :)

Dude, you've got everything wrong, very wrong.
please tell me
Your right 65nm barely has any market but you gotta start somewhere. :yu:
sadly, that's not how it works in the IT sector

and how many orion spacecraft will be made? 10? 20?

and who said that spacecraft has great procssing needs? must be a moron like you who doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

Yeah so there's a 130nm processor on Orion... because they don't need almost any processing power. In almost any application that requires some real processing power be it home use or commercial 65nm processors are OUTDATED

for almost any other application you can buy a 45nm processor off sahibinden.com for 20 liras congratulations now you can go to space.

and posts like this getting high likes is why this place is joke.

Orion probably doesn't even need a CPU... astronaouts who use it are probably smart enough to make the trajectory calculations in their heads... computer is probably only there for conveniance

I just pointed out how OUTDATED 65nm microprocessor technology is... and people went crazy

oyun konsollarını örnek veriyorsun paşam? :D

çok uçuk performanslara sahip olmayan şeyler için üretim bandı açmaya gerek yok, bankanın biri ana bilgisayarını yeniler tonla 45-32nm işlemci çıkar sana tanesi 20 liradan alırsın :)

please tell me

sadly, that's not how it works in the IT sector

Somehow I really underestimated your ignorance. The processor on the Orion costs $250,000 each. And Orion is just one example - what you call "outdated" processors are used on the F-35, new satellites, and many other things in the military and aerospace sectors. New processors, FPGAs and ASICs with this "outdated" technology are being made today, in the US.

Half your posts are the same - you aggressively and insultingly make an argument about something you know nothing about, and when someone corrects you you don't listen and continue to delude yourself about being right. Go back to reddit and stop dragging this forum's collective IQ down with you.

Somehow I really underestimated your ignorance. The processor on the Orion costs $250,000 each.
I find that hard to believe but even if it is, the price can't have nothing to do with the actual processing power, it has to have something to do with cosmic radiation or high G force everything on the spacecraft gets subjected to.

My point remains dipshit.

Spacecraft doesn't need much processing power.
In fact they barely need any.

I can find and post the specs of the apollo missions' guidance computer.

That doesn't make 65nm any less OUTDATED

Moore's Law

Last edited:
I assume we are discussing which processors are to be used in the anka's mission computer? :whistle:

Spacecraft doesn't need much processing power.
Are you serious about this claim ? Please talk on the matter that you surely now . Your speech is like you have designed a spacecraft control system, or made out a chip for real.

Do you know how complex their motion is ,and unpredictable,and how many times the flight computer needs to check values from sensors to adjust motions in each second? This is even needed in jet fighters now, so a spacecraft might not be even dreamed.

People say truth in here, dont insist toward it, in any of platform we dont need a super computing capacity. Military usage of chips relies to a special code, not typical commercial code of CE or ISO like commercial processors.

The most needed point of processing power is nonlinear automatic controls nowadays applied on ships, and planes. And their capacity is like 1/4 or even less of Core i5

Are you serious about this claim ? Please talk on the matter that you surely now . Your speech is like you have designed a spacecraft control system, or made out a chip for real.

Do you know how complex their motion is ,and unpredictable,and how many times the flight computer needs to check values from sensors to adjust motions in each second?
not really man... that doesn't require much processing power. You could put stephen hawking on board and he could do those calculations in his head :D :D Newtonian physics are pretty much beaten

although we might be wrong and pioneer incident leaves room for doubt
I suggest you read about it, pretty cool stuff
to this day nobody knows why gravity forces acting on pioneer spacecraft didn't go down according to the calculations as it left the solar system :cool:

300 years later someone might analyze that data and change the laws of physics :D
but for now, yeah
flight computers although what they do is pretty fvcking amazing compared to say for example 3D rendering but latter requires more processing power surprisingly enough. People use Intel Xeon series processors sometimes on multiple sockets for 3D render but you can go to moon with this:
Apollo Guidance Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
People say truth in here, dont insist toward it, in any of platform we dont need a super computing capacity. Military usage of chips relies to a special code, not typical commercial code of CE or ISO like commercial processors.
Dude, I'm telling the truth here, even if you keep the same number of transistors having them smaller makes them more efficient. Smaller transistors draw less power, as a result they heat up less. Doesn't matter if it's an Intel Xeon series server CPU or a crappy cellphone CPU the principle is always the same.

if we want to be a part of this sector, we have to catch up with the latest technology
which is 14nm at the moment... next year it'll get smaller.

It takes constant investment to remain competitive, there's no room for fvcking around.
even AMD is having trouble staying competitive ffs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom