What's new

Ah memories! :D

uh, you have to request to be inducted into a specific post, like Mod or TT or Researcher. Elections take place?
For Think Tank status, yes - the existing TT vote on whether or not to have a new member become part of the TT after debate and discussion on the members being considered.

Admins and Mods do not vote, but are free to offer their opinions on the members being considered.

I had given my self six weeks max, but I guess I have survived here much longer than that! :P
Why would you give yourself six weeks when a member like S2 has lasted so long, and you do not come anywhere close to his level of caustic commentary against Pakistan?

You mistake strong disagreement over your views and positions with a desire/need to ban you.

If anything, some of our Indian and Pakistani members could learn a lot from you on how properly present and support positions that many might disagree with.

Why would you give yourself six weeks when a member like S2 has lasted so long, and you do not come anywhere close to his level of caustic commentary against Pakistan?

You mistake strong disagreement over your views and positions with a desire/need to ban you.

If anything, some of our Indian and Pakistani members could learn a lot from you on how properly present and support positions that many might disagree with.

Well, I gave myself six weeks in the beginning when I did not know PDF and its Admin/Mod policy all that well. :)

By the way, me thinks that mad people have their awesome selves to keep them company - there is no company like absolute madness :D

ALL the voices in my head agree with THAT one! :lol:

For Think Tank status, yes - the existing TT vote on whether or not to have a new member become part of the TT after debate and discussion on the members being considered.

Admins and Mods do not vote, but are free to offer their opinions on the members being considered.

But doesn't this system, over time, encourage like-mindedness, and thus stifle debate rather than encouraging it?

I could have misled all from the beginning, including all of TT, with great patriotism (of the "approved" kind) if I wanted to, but that would be wrong. I would rather achieve my position, whatever it is (or isn't), on PDF honestly and fairly, as long as I want to participate.

Dr.Samar Mubarik Mand. A man of great honor, served Pakistan for 40 years . He went through hell to reach that point where he is. He had to Face AQ Khan, His superiors jealous of him, He handled Political pressures while he was the head of NESCOM. He came under scrutiny when AQ khan was arrested. He didn't ran away ever.

But doesn't this system, over time, encourage like-mindedness, and thus stifle debate rather than encouraging it?
Support for contrarian views was in fact brought up as support for your candidacy, and it was pointed out that individuals such as Muse, Sparklingway, T-Faz, Elmo, Niaz etc. are members of the TT.
I could have misled all from the beginning, including all of TT, with great patriotism (of the "approved" kind) if I wanted to, but that would be wrong. I would rather achieve my position, whatever it is (or isn't), on PDF honestly and fairly, as long as I want to participate.
To be frank with you, it isn't your views, but the concerns that you would choose the US over Pakistan in any hypothetical US-Pak confrontation at any time in the near future.

Support for contrarian views was in fact brought up as support for your candidacy, and it was pointed out that individuals such as Muse, Sparklingway, T-Faz, Elmo, Niaz etc. are members of the TT.

To be frank with you, it isn't your views, but the concerns that you would choose the US over Pakistan in any hypothetical US-Pak confrontation at any time in the near future.

I agree sir, Mr Cheng has some very valuable arguments here on this forum, & I have personally learned a lot from him. But he also has this occasional tendency of resorting to one-liners, without providing any substance to his arguments through factual information. I in all honesty have no problems with him choosing the US over Pakistan in any hypothetical confrontation/situation, as long as we can have a logical, facts based discussion, instead of the "that's just the way it is".

My apologies Mr Cheng, I am not implying that you do this all the time, only a few times. But I still appreciate your viewpoints, & I have learned a lot from you. You are a revered, smart, intelligent member, with many valued contributions. But I think you should look at how Muse approaches things as well, I disagree on him on plenty of things, but we still manage to have logical, facts based discussions on everything, & don't feel the need to make personal attacks, or resort to one-liners. Regards.

Dr.Samar Mubarik Mand. A man of great honor, served Pakistan for 40 years . He went through hell to reach that point where he is. He had to Face AQ Khan, His superiors jealous of him, He handled Political pressures while he was the head of NESCOM. He came under scrutiny when AQ khan was arrested. He didn't ran away ever.

I know him and his struggles well, even played Scrabble with him once. ;)

(Your pontification is totally unnecessary and off base.)

And he is not the only one, I know of many, many others in DTD, NESCOM, KRL, etc. etc. much better that you could ever suspect.

Trust me, I did not run away. That is all I have to say here.

In that case, let me assure you that it is people like me who can help ensure such a scenario NEVER happens. I can do far more good here very effectively than you or anybody else can suspect. I have openly declared my love EQUALLY for both countries many times, and thus will NEVER chose one over the other.

I can explain myself even further if you wish, but I will not be insinuated as a traitor-in-waiting. I trust I make myself clear.

And I intend to try again for the TT if allowed to in due course.

and why is thread turning into a place where the affiliations of VCheng are being put into question, and his allegiances being doubted. He is a good member to have a talk with in some thread, and whatever he does in his life, is his matter.

.....................let me assure you that it is people like me who can help ensure such a scenario NEVER happens. I can do far more good here very effectively than you or anybody else can suspect. I have openly declared my love EQUALLY for both countries many times, and thus will NEVER chose one over the other.............

Yes, I have been heard before.

Equally love both countries many times is weak argument and it is not good answer. Have you declare two religions whatever you choose?

America friend of mine saying: "You CAN'T have both equally loves, must choose one and stick with it. If you do, that means you can't be loyal to both countries. "

I am certain sure, you would choose over others based on your views and perspectives. Hope it is clear to you.

See previous comment in post #163...

Yes, I have been heard before.

Equally love both countries many times is weak argument and it is not good answer. Have you declare two religions whatever you choose?

America friend of mine saying: "You CAN'T have both equally loves, must choose one and stick with it. If you do, that means you can't be loyal to both countries. "

I am certain sure, you would choose over others based on your views and perspectives. Hope it is clear to you.

I disagree. Do you have two kids? Try choosing one over the other. You will have your answer.

Again, wrong question. What does to do with kids? :lol:

Nope. Think again.

It is possible to love entities EQUALLY. I gave you an example, and your response indicates your lack of a counter argument quite well.

Back
Top Bottom