What's new

Ah memories! :D

As VCheng has already given a account of himself, I myself, and I am sure, many more of you have done something like that in your lives as well.

Only if we could have more people like that who are ready to give their bit for the nation and country.

I think we are all disappointed on some levels, but there are some who want to rough it out through, & there are others who can't take it anymore, & run for 'greener pastures'. I don't blame you for 'escaping' from Pakistan, you had clearly 'had it' with Pakistan, you had become cynical of the country, so you felt you had to leave. Kudos to you. But there are still people that are hopeful of making a change inside Pakistan, whatever little it may be.

I did not run for greener pastures. I was doing really well, believe you me, and in an area which was and still is really top notch. I was forced to conclude that emigration was the only solution left, if you can believe that.

And those who are still there to induce a change, have my help, admiration and gratitude for sure.

Let's guess.

Some government research project? Possibly in space research?

I did not run for greener pastures. I was doing really well, believe you me, and in an area which was and still is really top notch. I was forced to conclude that emigration was the only solution left, if you can believe that.

And those who are still there to induce a change, have my help, admiration and gratitude for sure.

Well, you did say/insinuate that Pakistan 'let you down' by becoming 'not what you thought it would be'. Whether you were doing well professionally or not matters little to be honest, because you clearly didn't like where Pakistan was headed, so I would say that you did on some levels head for 'greener pastures'.

Well, you did say/insinuate that Pakistan 'let you down' by becoming 'not what you thought it would be'. Whether you were doing well professionally or not matters little to be honest, because you clearly didn't like where Pakistan was headed, so I would say that you did on some levels head for 'greener pastures'.

I was clearly helpless to prevent the descent into hell that I could foresee. What was the patriotic thing to do? Go down with it, or live to fight another day?

I was clearly helpless to prevent the descent into hell that I could foresee. What was the patriotic thing to do? Go down with it, or live to fight another day?

Well, everyone has their way of dealing with things. I don't think there is really a right or wrong answer. Some people go abroad when they get frustrated with how things are panning out in their 'motherland', but think about it everyday, & try to help in the form of remittances. Other people stay inside Pakistan & try to make it a better country. Then there are expats who don't want to do anything with their 'motherland', as well as people who live inside the 'motherland' who get cynical. Depends on who you are. If you like 'hands-on experiences' in life, you might prefer one option, & if you like making a difference from a distance, you might prefer another. Whatever floats your boat. My two cents.

Well, everyone has their way of dealing with things. I don't think there is really a right or wrong answer. Some people go abroad when they get frustrated with how things are panning out in their 'motherland', but think about it everyday, & try to help in the form of remittances. Other people stay inside Pakistan & try to make it a better country. Then there are expats who don't want to do anything with their 'motherland', as well as people who live inside the 'motherland' who get cynical. Depends on who you are. If you like 'hands-on experiences' in life, you might prefer one option, & if you like making a difference from a distance, you might prefer another. Whatever floats your boat. My two cents.

Very well said. Thanks!

Lol@ the change in signature.

As someone said, you come alone and you leave alone - this world that is. :D

Lol@ the change in signature.

As someone said, you come alone and you leave alone - this world that is. :D

True that, but in between the coming and the going alone are a lot of years where companionship is the epitome of human existence. :)

True that, but in between the coming and the going alone are a lot of years where companionship is the epitome of human existence. :)

Yup - you and vinod - best friends forever?

By the way, me thinks that mad people have their awesome selves to keep them company - there is no company like absolute madness :D

By the way, me thinks that mad people have their awesome selves to keep them company - there is no company like absolute madness :D

In my case, no company like a good book. Almost any subject will do.

The best day is the day spent reading a book with no one to distract.

Back
Top Bottom