What's new

Afzal Guru hanged

Isn't there a curfew in Kashmir after Afzal guru's hanging? How can anyone protest unless they want to get shot?

does a protest mean Afzal Guru is innocent ? Baluch people are protesting for decades against Pakistan.By your logic,they should be right as well.

He confessed his involvement and was not really apologetic about it. He demanded to be hanged many times which really did not help his case.
One can blame the govt for timing and intension. Kashmiris think he is innocent because lot of ordinary innocent kashmiris were victimized. Very few of them actually get jail sentence though.

Omar Abdullah is being put into a tough situation, it is true.

Isn't there a curfew in Kashmir after Afzal guru's hanging? How can anyone protest unless they want to get shot?

And you know why there is a curfew? Because the state police forces (all kashmiris, mind you) want to ensure that a handful of protestors don't make life miserable for the rest of Kashmir, by indulging in violence. It is a protective measure to ensure the safety, security and well being of kashmiris. Everybody knows that there are paid protestors who will incite violence at the behest of devious foreign elements using every single opportunity.

Now tell me, how did you come to the conclusion that "all of Kashmir is weeping", when by your own admission they aren't? And by the way, there is no curfew against peaceful protests anywhere. The precautions are only to prevent violence. The number of peaceful protestors is a handful, as usual.

If there were no paid protestors and troublemakers funded from across the border, even these curfews could have been avoided. The only thing making life difficult for kashmiris is this "help" from across the border by a nation that has deluded itself into believing that kashmiris in India want to be "freed" from Indian "occupation". Every other state of India is more under "Indian occupation", since no other state enjoys as many rights and freedoms as the people of Kashmir do.

Kind of funny, we provided video evidence and links showing that he himself admitting he aided the terrorists and some people still arguing that he is innocent.. Now we can see he will start rant about what his relative from India told him about Afzal Guru's trial and how innocent he was..

You guys hate me because I post on Indian threads? The purpose of the site is debate, not having one line of thought. If you are here to agree with everyone and share coffee you, Fateh, KS and everyone who seems to have a constant problem with any member commenting on the Indian forum should not be on a forum but attacking Kashmiris that say they want to be with Pakistan.

does a protest mean Afzal Guru is innocent ? Baluch people are protesting for decades against Pakistan.By your logic,they should be right as well.

Absolutely, depending on the grievance... I do not apply selective logic.

And you know why there is a curfew? Because the state police forces (all kashmiris, mind you) want to ensure that a handful of protestors don't make life miserable for the rest of Kashmir, by indulging in violence. It is a protective measure to ensure the safety, security and well being of kashmiris. Everybody knows that there are paid protestors who will incite violence at the behest of devious foreign elements using every single opportunity.

Now tell me, how did you come to the conclusion that "all of Kashmir is weeping", when by your own admission they aren't? And by the way, there is no curfew against peaceful protests anywhere. The precautions are only to prevent violence. The number of peaceful protestors is a handful, as usual.

If there were no paid protestors and troublemakers funded from across the border, even these curfews could have been avoided. The only thing making life difficult for kashmiris is this "help" from across the border by a nation that has deluded itself into believing that kashmiris in India want to be "freed" from Indian "occupation".
Every other state of India is more under "Indian occupation", since no other state enjoys as many rights and freedoms as the people of Kashmir do.

This sounds like a conspiracy theory... proving Indians too have their own. How can Pakistanis organize protests in Srinagar in a day?

You guys hate me because I post on Indian threads? The purpose of the site is debate, not having one line of thought. If you are here to agree with everyone and share coffee you, Fateh, KS and everyone who seems to have a constant problem with any member commenting on the Indian forum should not be on a forum but attacking Kashmiris that say they want to be with Pakistan.

The purpose,here,is to enlighten you with the truth.You are already loaded with a preoccupation that Afzal was innocent.But he admitted to his crimes himself.Simple logic,he was guilty.

Neither has full proof and as Arundhati noted in her article the evidence is circumstancial rather than solid.

Three courts have heard the matter and ruled on the matter of Afzal Guru. These were properly constituted Courts which followed due process of law. Not Courts that decide the price of samosas.

Arundhoti is no jurist; not by a loooooong shot. She is not even an investigative journalist. She is simply a "writer of fiction". That speaks for itself.

BTW, take the time and view the video that @Karan1970. has posted where Guru has spoken about his and his co-conspirators' roles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I will not spend time on this further but I do believe it should be noted that there are a number of people who continue to hold that he is innocent and has been framed on false charges of terrorism. This is the other side of the story. I can see the polarization in Indian society as Muslims either avoid the topic, claim Afzal is innocent while the majority is unshakably convinced that Afzal is indeed a terrorist. Neither has full proof and as Arundhati noted in her article the evidence is circumstancial rather than solid.

As I said before - the personal opinion of a columnist is just that. Indians have complete faith in our judiciary, and just because you say you don't, we won't lose that faith. If the Indian judiciary was unfair, there would have been a lot more convictions and a lot more executions in the past decade, and not just three.

Indian courts do not convict somebody unless his guilt is proved beyond a shadow of doubt. India has one of the lowest conviction rates in the world, precisely because of this. Ask any Indian lawyer, and s/he will tell you how difficult it is to get a conviction. Which is why every lawyer wishes to be on the defence team, and not the prosecution.

He was tried by the lower courts, the high court and finally the supreme court, all of which found him guilty. If the evidence was only circumstantial, it would not have happened, no matter what Arundhati Roy thinks. You are beliving Arundhati Roy only because she happens to be saying what you want to hear.

And no, there is no polarization or hindu-muslim divide in Indian society about this. That too is a figment of your imagination, like you earlier assertion that the whole of Kashmir is crying. Now I have to ask how you came to the conclusion of a religious polarization. Was it based on any scientifically conducted surverys, or was it yet another "fact" you made up because you want to believe that?

Ohh Havi, why you think we are hating you? Are you the only Pakistani posting in Indian threads? The problem with you is, if you dont have anything to say and your arguments were countered by Indians, you start the daily rant of how muslims were killed by Indians, how Hydrabad wanted to be a with Pakistan and Why Pakistan should claim Lucknow all the above because your distant relative told you so.. What kind of logic are you bringing into discussion? For godsake, you are a Jr.TT.. atleast act like one.. You talked about how Anzaris were tortured here in India and one Anzari, Imran_ind refuted your claim brilliantly, then again you started the rant about what your distant relatives told you.. Here also you were talking about a Judge asked a Muslim to move to Pakistan.. What kind of nonsese is that? If this is happend it would have been a big news here in India.. I told you in another thread, some of your posts are very awesome to read, but the reputation you are making with those posts are lost when you start ranting and type nonsense.. Apart from what your relative said, you have not provided any valid links for your claims..

@janon I think lot of people in valey think he is innocent, not everybody has seen the interview. Also lot of people seem to think he actually did not commit crime hence should get less sentence (which in reality is opposite, kasab has better chance of avoiding gallows if he could prove that young age and circumstances forced him)

Ohh Havi, why you think we are hating you? Are you the only Pakistani posting in Indian threads? The problem with you is, if you dont have anything to say and your arguments were countered by Indians, you start the daily rant of how muslims were killed by Indians, how Hydrabad wanted to be a with Pakistan and Why Pakistan should claim Lucknow all the above because your distant relative told you so.. What kind of logic are you bringing into discussion? For godsake, you are a Jr.TT.. atleast act like one.. You talked about how Anzaris were tortured here in India and one Anzari, Imran_ind refuted your claim brilliantly, then again you started the rant about what your distant relatives told you.. Here also you were talking about a Judge asked a Muslim to move to Pakistan.. What kind of nonsese is that? If this is happend it would have been a big news here in India.. I told you in another thread, some of your posts are very awesome to read, but the reputation you are making with those posts are lost when you start ranting and type nonsense.. Apart from what your relative said, you have not provided any valid links for your claims..

He is giving the grand-papa of all arguments..Why this is right? Because my mother-in-law told me so...

Why Afzal is innocent?because there is a curfew at Kashmir and some attention seeker columnist wrote an article that was perhaps paid for by the number of words.

One more time...personal opinions dont matter for Indian Judiciary,evidences matter.I dont know how it is in Pakistan.

Cassandra Arundhoti Roy, the less said the better......

IN the end Arundhati Roy went quietly. Through the rusty gates of New Delhi's Tihar prison, and onto a wing with the waiting hardcases. The Booker Prize-winning author of The God of Small Things claimed that she was being jailed for expressing an opinion, but nobody insults India's Supreme Court and gets away with it. As the judges might have told her: "Don't cross the line if you can't do the time."

Called upon to explain herself, Miss Roy sent in a rip-snorting affidavit, which accused the court of trying to "harass and intimidate those who disagree with it". The court was outraged. "Whatever may be the motive of Roy," declared a panel of the judges: "It is quite obvious that she has decided to misuse her literary fame by misinforming the public and projecting in a totally incorrect manner the proceedings."

This Osama lover AR:

Well, even if the Taliban had it coming, who says Afghanistan's foremost cave-dweller, Osama bin Laden, was guilty of anything? "People are being asked," tutted Arundhati, "to assume that the enemy is who the US Government says it is even though it has no substantial evidence to support that claim."

Who was she?

The daughter of a tea planter, she had been raised in Kerala, in the south of the country, but after her parents split up she'd drifted off on her own, and by 18 she was living in a tin hut in a Delhi slum, foraging in rubbish tips for beer bottles that she would wash and sell for a handful of rupees.

Lol baba lol @ Migraine of India.....

@haviZsultan no body attacked Kashmiris when they said they wanted to be with Pakistan.. They are allowed to leave the country.. The police and CRPF retaliate only when they tried to enforce this up on others and wanted to show it to government through Guns and stones.. You cannot take Govt of Kashmir as a hostage with some anti social elements..

Ohh Havi, why you think we are hating you? Are you the only Pakistani posting in Indian threads? The problem with you is, if you dont have anything to say and your arguments were countered by Indians, you start the daily rant of how muslims were killed by Indians, how Hydrabad wanted to be a with Pakistan and Why Pakistan should claim Lucknow all the above because your distant relative told you so.. What kind of logic are you bringing into discussion? For godsake, you are a Jr.TT.. atleast act like one.. You talked about how Anzaris were tortured here in India and one Anzari, Imran_ind refuted your claim brilliantly, then again you started the rant about what your distant relatives told you.. Here also you were talking about a Judge asked a Muslim to move to Pakistan.. I told you in another thread, some of your posts are very awesome to read, but the reputation you are making with those posts are lost when you start ranting and type nonsense.. Apart from what your relative said, you have not provided any valid links for your claims..
@imran_ind is not an Ansari... lol. Are you?
If he is he is a brother to me regardless of which house he is from. We are from Firangi mahal. Imran do you deny these things happen and may happen to people (Muslims) in India. You might not have met such families as it happens to a small proportion but... I doubt he will deny this.

I am talking about the posts that usually go like:

You are an idiot
You are shizophrenic
You are not a fit think tank. lol. As if Indians now decide who is fit and who is not.

What kind of nonsese is that? If this is happend it would have been a big news here in India..

Ignorance is bliss! You want posts that are only positive. I try to circumvent this by criticizing both India and Pakistan but it is your incapability to think there is another side to the issue. Infact a lot of Muslim families discuss the framing of innocent Muslims in the confines of their houses. Why would our families tell you? So that you declare them Pakistani and send mobs saying mini-Pakistan, mini-Pakistan...

@imran_ind is not an Ansari... lol. Are you?
If he is he is a brother to me regardless of which house he is from. We are from Firangi mahal. Imran do you deny these things happen and may happen to people (Muslims) in India. You might not have met such families as it happens to a small proportion but... I doubt he will deny this.

I am talking about the posts that usually go like:

You are an idiot
You are shizophrenic
You are not a fit think tank. lol. As if Indians now decide who is fit and who is not.

Ignorance is bliss! You want posts that are only positive. I try to circumvent this by criticizing both India and Pakistan but it is your incapability to think there is another side to the issue. Infact a lot of Muslim families discuss the framing of innocent Muslims in the confines of their houses. Why would our families tell you? So that you declare them Pakistani and send mobs saying mini-Pakistan, mini-Pakistan...

You may criticize Pakistan,thats your choice,but we are not accepting any baseless criticism of India.
Now,stick to the topic.

Back
Top Bottom