What's new

Afghans stop 200 Pakistani containers

China constructing railway line to Afghanistan via Tajikistan to transport ore while Iran is getting connected with Herat and so neither China nor Iran will need Gwadar.

For OIL and export to ME, China will come to Gwadar.

China has just taken over Gwadar's management. Your khayali pulao or Khayali Kabuli pulao isn't materializing :D

Yup like Iran did in the '90s when it supported all the factions that later constituted the Northern Alliance - the reason why we made the Taliban to begin with ! Yeah I'm sure Iran supports all ethnicities in Afghanistan :tup:

Nahhh the Taliban aren't too fond of us but when I talked about supporting the Taliban...what I really meant was some posturing & dialogue ! Apparently we do both & even the US is now forced to do dialogue with them.

Northern Alliance was much the lesser evil then Taliban. Also if now you look at Afghanistan, Iran is helping rebuild the country. The cities close to Iranian border like Herat are already well on their way to becoming well functioning cities. We are stepping up cooperation and trade and looking to aid the further development of all regions of Afghanistan.

Northern Alliance was much the lesser evil then Taliban. Also if now you look at Afghanistan, Iran is helping rebuild the country. The cities close to Iranian border like Herat are already well on their way to becoming well functioning cities. We are stepping up cooperation and trade and looking to aid the further development of all regions of Afghanistan.

Not really; they were just as bad ! Too many atrocities on their hands too.

None of us is exactly blameless in any of it.

Besides Pakistan has given millions of dollars in aid to Afghanistan in the form of development works therein - All a terrible waste !

All a terrible waste !

Well I don't know the inner workings of Pakistan-Afghanistan relations so can't comment. But a stable and prosperous Afghanistan is very important for Iran. Economically and culturally.

I noticed a theme that many Pakistanis seem to hate Afghans in this thread. What are the main problems and where do they stem from? Is it all to do with Durand line and territory disputes? Or is it something else?

Well, Iranian brothers, we have lot to do to construct Afghanistan and get access to CARs through it. Tough times are coming up and we should cooperate much to achieve the common goal, that is Stable Afghanistan.

You have cultural linkages with A-stan and we are also fully motivated to help rebuild it.

We have to succeed post-2014.

China constructing railway line to Afghanistan via Tajikistan to transport ore while Iran is getting connected with Herat and so neither China nor Iran will need Gwadar.

You are hell bent on proving that china dont need Gwadar, Thats all your lies and brain farts! China will use gwadar for oil from ME and trading to africa and ME as gwadar will provide the easy and short way there!

Well, Iranian brothers, we have lot to do to construct Afghanistan and get access to CARs through it. Tough times are coming up and we should cooperate much to achieve the common goal, that is Stable Afghanistan.

You have cultural linkages with A-stan and we are also fully motivated to help rebuild it.

Diplomat?? :woot:

@KRAIT - why did you leave our Pakistani brothers out of your pep post.

They have an important constructive role to play as well.

What are neighbors for?

Last edited by a moderator:
None of us is exactly blameless in any of it.

Well if you look at what Taliban did to Iranian diplomats in 1998, then that would explain our support for their enemies. Taliban where and continue to be a virus and strain on the progression of Afghanistan, while NA's ideologies where no where near as extreme or backwards.

You are hell bent on proving that china dont need Gwadar, Thats all your lies and brain farts! China will use gwadar for oil from ME and trading to africa and ME as gwadar will provide the easy and short way there!

He is grasping for straws, the Chinese would not have been keen to take over the port if they did not intend to use it. Also 60% of the road link from Gwadar is complete so it is almost ready to function.

Well if you look at what Taliban did to Iranian diplomats in 1998, then that would explain our support for their enemies. Taliban where and continue to be a virus and strain on the progression of Afghanistan, while NA's ideologies where no where near as extreme or backwards.

NA was made up of warlords who the Taliban had not defeated, hardly the type of people you want to introduce to your mother. They killed your diplomats because you were supporting NA or else what other reason would they have for doing so??

Well I don't know the inner workings of Pakistan-Afghanistan relations so can't comment. But a stable and prosperous Afghanistan is very important for Iran. Economically and culturally.

I noticed a theme that many Pakistanis seem to hate Afghans in this thread. What are the main problems and where do they stem from? Is it all to do with Durand line and territory disputes? Or is it something else?

I too want a stable & prosperous Afghanistan because that would mean more trade, less cross border terrorism & no Afghan refugees for us !

But its a little hard to like a people who've lived for more than 3 decades in Pakistan, in our cities, towns & villages, as our own, in the millions, have been a constant thorn in our side since day 1 (only country to oppose Pakistan's inclusion in the UN in '47/48), invaded our territory (Bajaur in '60), dreams of carving out their own Loy Afghanistan (Greater Afghanistan) from nearly 3/4ths of Pakistan, have provided sanctuaries to Baluch Militants since the first Baluch uprising in the '60s or '70s & have hated my Punjabi guts (an ethnicity of Pakistan) since the beginning !

Even if I were to ignore the Taliban for once, them invading our country, them housing & supporting Baluch Militants from day 1 til now or all of the other destabilizing things that each has done to the other, what has housing nearly 4-6 million Afghan Refugees & spending millions of dollars on Afghanistan's development, earned us ?

So I think I or any other Pakistani could be forgiven for disliking a people that hate my country, my people & my very existence !

Even still I wish Afghanistan the very best but I do hope that there be a wall separating the two of us & all the refugees go back to Afghanistan.

NA was made up of warlords who the Taliban had not defeated, hardly the type of people you want to introduce to your mother. They killed your diplomats because you were supporting NA or else what other reason would they have for doing so??

Well Taliban was doing ethnic cleansing around Afghanistan at the time, as well as religious killings. That is part of reason for our support. Also even if we didn't support NA, Taliban hate Shias and hate Iran, so would have made little difference.

Well Taliban was doing ethnic cleansing around Afghanistan at the time, as well as religious killings. That is part of reason for our support. Also even if we didn't support NA, Taliban hate Shias and hate Iran, so would have made little difference.

Doesn't Taliban now have a office in Iran??

They shouldn't have done that to the Iranian diplomats. I don't know what the Northern Alliance's ideologies were but their atrocities too are recorded - It was a mess !

@Armstrong Iran has millions of Afghan refugees as well. It is just a circumstance of living next to a country that is going through tough times. You can't blame a people for seeking a better life.

On the other things you mentioned, well it seems to me that it is a case of mutual destruction. Afghanistan hits at you, so you hit back. This well get neither country anywhere. There must be a better path.

Doesn't Taliban now have a office in Iran??

Iran has officially denied this.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/08/03/254285/iran-denies-taliban-office-on-its-soil/

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom