What's new

Afghans flee shelling from Pakistan: official, witnesses

Sir, popular reporting sometimes uses the wider definition of a missile, which can be anything that is "capable of being thrown or projected to strike a distant object", from bricks to ICBMs.

Eff-ing damn hell! I was just thinking about you! Been a while man!

As for the point in question, usually reporters can discern between artillery (commonly referred as shells) and Rocket/Missile/RPG Systems (commonly referred to as rockets) but I'm willing to accept that line of argument. However, if Pakistan is to fire 36 shells ONLY to make a point, then I am severely disappointed, our Artillery Corp is one of the finest I have seen, these boys can hit a cross marked 15 kilometres away if you give them the right co-ordinates. When they get going, they don't stop. 500 shells is the bare minimum. It's too much trouble to move your guns from their existing firing positions for 100 or so shells, 36 is just an outrage.

how long you have spent time in the tribal areas? each and everyone knows the other person by name, by family and by profession.

the only sell out we know is that Dr Afridi. there might be more but would be only a handful.
its very hard to stay undercover and continue to be an informer for US with the head still on the shoulders.

TTP have the habit of killing people just on the suspicions. we have lost a lot of agents and pro-governments tribesmen because of this might not be the reality. cant dismiss it though.. indeed thats how some terrorists were nailed while getting pampered on the roof top :)

so "deeply penetrated into tribal areas£ sounds very convincing for some keyboard warrior in America or Mumbai but

I have been couple of times to trible areas as per invitations of friends there - I have friends from Swat, Waziristan and Khyber.

It's not appropriate to put all the blame on Dr. Afridi I think he did his job nothing else but the higher authority should be blamed because why they sheltered world's 1 terrorist there or why they were not able to capture a #1 terrorist from a military compound etc..

By 'deeply penetrated into tribal areas' I meant if Pakistani agencies are not providing intel to US then how come drones have good targets and why Pakistan can't shoot 1 or 2 drones to show they are serious.

It's not appropriate to put all the blame on Dr. Afridi I think he did his job nothing else but the higher authority should be blamed because why they sheltered world's 1 terrorist there or why they were not able to capture a #1 terrorist from a military compound etc..

That grossly inappropriate statement shows your grasp of the subject under discussion.

By 'deeply penetrated into tribal areas' I meant if Pakistani agencies are not providing intel to US then how come drones have good targets and why Pakistan can't shoot 1 or 2 drones to show they are serious.

Pakistan can't shoot 1 or 2 drones because they target the NWA where the PA has minimal strength and fire power.

Something has to be done in Kunar province and Northern Waziristan province of pakistan, Nobody can abandon it as it is.

CC: Sher Malang: Sir are you confident that ANSF forces are capable of handling siutation in 2014? because Air support may not be there once the United States leave? My question is regarding Major combat operations? Can Afghanistan forces hold any territory preventing Infiltration from Taliban militants?. All Countries must provide maximum Aid to Afghan Security Forces.

My concern is that the Government must not collapse just like as it happened after Soviet Union withdrawl?

There is a difference between Soviet and US withdrawal; in Soviet era most of Afghans were in line with the Mujahideens and before their withdrawal most of the provinces were fallen to Mujahideen and they had direct control of the provinces and Afghan army at that time was follower of the two grand communist political parties 'Khalq' & 'Parcham' in Afghanistan that was the reason Afghan army of that time lost support from people and most of their battalions joined the Mujahideen and later their soviet supporters also left them alone along Afghanistan!

But today the situation is totally different; as per UN, US and her allies are not an invader and are here to fight terrorism, their withdrawal comes with responsibility and commitments. Today ANSF is completely out of politics they have maximum support from local people and they are newly established. We are confident because we have seen their abilities getting better day by day for e.g the places which Afghan army controlled today Afghan military police controls and the places which Afghan military police controlled today Afghan police controls and today most of the operation are taken by Afghan police and Afghan counter terrorist forces without bothering Afghan army or military police. This shows they are becoming stronger day by day.

Lets not forget that ANSF came into focus in 2008 when they had only 40.000 armed forces without training and equipments but today that number stands at 352,0000 with NATO/US standard trainings and equipments in a very short time ANSF have major achievements and in the near future their trainings will come to an end and defense ministry will shrink the size to 230,000 to 250,000 by selecting best of the best among them because defense ministry has planned to spend the rest of the budget on heavy equipments so in such time they need responsible army soldiers to use and keep those equipments at it's best possible way.

Regarding air force, small steps have been taken currently we have nearly 100 different aircraft, mostly transport helis and propellers but a bid has been announced for 20 light attack fixed wing aircraft which is enough to fight Taliban till 2016. Future of Afghan Air Force is still under shadow because defense ministry has never disclosed any information on that.

Financial commitments has been made for aiding ANSF 4.1bln$ / year and eventually we will decrease dependency on foreign aid once we practically explore mines and get income recently first major oil extraction has started in north Afghanistan which will yearly add 400mln$ / year to government budget and many more mine contracts has been awarded which might play a backbone to this government after 2014.

That grossly inappropriate statement shows your grasp of the subject under discussion.

Pakistan can't shoot 1 or 2 drones because they target the NWA where the PA has minimal strength and fire power.

I see both of above lines as an excuse nothing else.

Subscription required | Pajhwok Afghan News

ASADABAD (PAN): Two more people were injured after missiles fired by Pakistani forces hit southern Kunar province of Afghanistan, officials said on Wednesday.

There is an issue in these areas where Pakistanis are firing - I think its wrong to fire in crowded areas ALWAYS but Afghanistan and Pakistan both should jointly come to an agreement that each other won't fire on the other and the country would handle their own problems - Afghanistan of course has to ensure drone attacks end as well.

The thinking now has become that if Afghanistan allows drone attacks on us, we'll go ahead and bomb their suspected hideouts. Both sort of thinking are wrong. Afghanistan has been drone bombing us for several years now, we've just started and I hope to see both sides end simultaneously.

There is an issue in these areas where Pakistanis are firing - I think its wrong to fire in crowded areas ALWAYS but Afghanistan and Pakistan both should jointly come to an agreement that each other won't fire on the other and the country would handle their own problems - Afghanistan of course has to ensure drone attacks end as well.

The thinking now has become that if Afghanistan allows drone attacks on us, we'll go ahead and bomb their suspected hideouts. Both sort of thinking are wrong. Afghanistan has been drone bombing us for several years now, we've just started and I hope to see both sides end simultaneously.

There is nothing wrong in giving the enemy a befitting reply. Afghanistan has been harboring anti Pakistan elements for far too long and at the behest of the US and NATO. Though i seriously dont believe this propaganda campaign being run by the western media of us firing artillery, but its long over due for us to strike across the border.
We should quit the apologetic attitude. This government does not have the balls to do what should have been done along ago. PAF should be called in to strike across the border. Lets see what the americans are going to do about it?

There is a difference between Soviet and US withdrawal; in Soviet era most of Afghans were in line with the Mujahideens and before their withdrawal most of the provinces were fallen to Mujahideen and they had direct control of the provinces and Afghan army at that time was follower of the two grand communist political parties 'Khalq' & 'Parcham' in Afghanistan that was the reason Afghan army of that time lost support from people and most of their battalions joined the Mujahideen and later their soviet supporters also left them alone along Afghanistan!

But today the situation is totally different; as per UN, US and her allies are not an invader and are here to fight terrorism, their withdrawal comes with responsibility and commitments. Today ANSF is completely out of politics they have maximum support from local people and they are newly established. We are confident because we have seen their abilities getting better day by day for e.g the places which Afghan army controlled today Afghan military police controls and the places which Afghan military police controlled today Afghan police controls and today most of the operation are taken by Afghan police and Afghan counter terrorist forces without bothering Afghan army or military police. This shows they are becoming stronger day by day.

Lets not forget that ANSF came into focus in 2008 when they had only 40.000 armed forces without training and equipments but today that number stands at 352,0000 with NATO/US standard trainings and equipments in a very short time ANSF have major achievements and in the near future their trainings will come to an end and defense ministry will shrink the size to 230,000 to 250,000 by selecting best of the best among them because defense ministry has planned to spend the rest of the budget on heavy equipments so in such time they need responsible army soldiers to use and keep those equipments at it's best possible way.

Regarding air force, small steps have been taken currently we have nearly 100 different aircraft, mostly transport helis and propellers but a bid has been announced for 20 light attack fixed wing aircraft which is enough to fight Taliban till 2016. Future of Afghan Air Force is still under shadow because defense ministry has never disclosed any information on that.

Financial commitments has been made for aiding ANSF 4.1bln$ / year and eventually we will decrease dependency on foreign aid once we practically explore mines and get income recently first major oil extraction has started in north Afghanistan which will yearly add 400mln$ / year to government budget and many more mine contracts has been awarded which might play a backbone to this government after 2014.

I see both of above lines as an excuse nothing else.

i Stopped reading rest of the Post. Will keep just the bold part for yr replies in the future.

^^^ Ahhhh Funny na ? He got a same mentality like indians ... After all they are their Blood Brothers. And from the same culture.

|:S|;)|

i Stopped reading rest of the Post. Will keep just the bold part for yr replies in the future.

That's girlish! read all of the post.

^^^ Ahhhh Funny na ? He got a same mentality like indians ... After all they are their Blood Brothers. And from the same culture.

|:S|;)|

So in that case bin ladin was your blood brother? as long as you skip reading complete replies and be selective, you would have the same mentality.

He really said that ??? :laugh:

Hahaha Here it is

I have been couple of times to trible areas as per invitations of friends there - I have friends from Swat, Waziristan and Khyber.

That's girlish! read all of the post.

Na i am not interested. Coz i often saw yr post putting blame on PA and Pakistan for taliban and mujahideen etc..So becarefull next time coz yr own Aghwanies were also there to support them.

So in that case bin ladin was your blood brother? as long as you skip reading complete replies and be selective, you would have the same mentality.

Bin My Bro ? Pukhtu keh wayee che zama da GINR hum na de baraber....

I said the same mentality bcoz of you said
because why they sheltered world's 1 terrorist there or why they were not able to capture a #1 terrorist from a military compound etc
Who told you that he was in a military compound ?

And as you said you are pukhtun ..Put yr hand on yr heart and tell me do you believe that Osama MF was captured and killed ? or he is some where in Hawaii enjoying beach parties ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom