What's new

Afghans flee shelling from Pakistan: official, witnesses

There is too much propaganda being run on international media regarding this, why is there no news in local media?

Even the U.S. military don't go firing artillery shells to kill terrorists even if they are in range in Pakistan. Just like you said it has limitations. However, the U.S. just introduce GPS guided shells that limits collateral damage. Expensive though. Still need intel on where to fire at.

chief .. dont mislead the people

how many videos and pictures do you want me to post showing NATO artillery shelling?
not once or twice but many times even our own troops have been shelled. let alone the villages on either side of the border.. some GPS that.
lets face it.. this system has its limitations even if uncle Sam is using it.
dont get me wrong ... I admire your patriotism.. you cant be seen admitting to US shortcoming because it goes against your "freedom".. to always support your troops no matter what. this expression of freedom becomes even more compelling when one is nationalized US citizen ;)

Afghans are considered brothers by many in Pakistan and we must make sure no innocent loss of life occurs on their side.

At the same time of course, we should have better coordination with the Afghan government and take up the matter of Afghan sanctuaries to the TTP and their ability to amass large troop deployments on that side.

Even the U.S. military don't go firing artillery shells to kill terrorists even if they are in range in Pakistan. Just like you said it has limitations. However, the U.S. just introduce GPS guided shells that limits collateral damage. Expensive though. Still need intel on where to fire at.

You must be talking about some other US military. Its easy to selectively read about your country's shenanigans sitting thousands of miles away but our people you kill, we get to know about them...

You have shelled artillery not only in Afghanistan but even in Pakistan!

Contrary to what some people are trying to do here, artillery shelling is the norm on the Pakistan and Afghanistan border

If you can provide any source for that? :undecided:

I hope that Pakistan should focused on its drone programs, so we can get our targets with bit more effectively . thats wat I can say here. but as long we don't have drones, we have to depend on shelling and guiding weapons.

Yeah drones are better how long would PA shell, remember these terrorists always have the time!

Punjabis executed Kandahar assault: police | Pajhwok Afghan News

NDS detains UIM member in Takhar

300 guns seized at Torkham dry port (Video) | Pajhwok Afghan News

there are many other sources in Dari and Pashtu.

If I am a commander of a check post and I see 100 fighters amassing across a line on a map and ready to charge in to kill my post of 15-30 people, at that point I'll be inclined to save the lives of my men and hit them with everything I got.

Granted Artillery, is not accurate but the source of the fault is to let 100 fighters amass in the first place.

At least HN guys sneak in and sneak out, the attacks from Afghanistan are just too brazen and its only natural such brute force is repelled by more brute force.

It will remain 4.1 billion dollars for 10 years due to aid but then collapse again.

4.1 x 10 = 41 bln$ enough to develop a strong and equipped force in 10 years! and billions of dollar will come from mines extractions so nothing to worry about.

4.1 x 10 = 41 bln$ enough to develop a strong and equipped force in 10 years! and billions of dollar will come from mines extractions so nothing to worry about.

After developing you need to maintain and keep upgrading it which is not possible with this economic condition.

After developing you need to maintain and keep upgrading it which is not possible with this economic condition.

Why would you assume that the afghan economic condition would remain exactly as it is at present ?

Strange.

Drones increases terrorism but it also eliminates terrorists but these shelling don't do the second part but increasingly propagate terrorism in the area and I never said that drones don't increase terrorism rather I said good if they kill the terrorists bad if they kill civilians.

I'll try to response to both of your post here but if i miss something pardon me.

Artillery worked effectively for PA in WOT in Pakistan.... And considering the number of drone strike cross border and artillery strike cross border i dont think its a fair comparison.

personally i think Pakistan should use Drones (if they can make that tech) or jets for smart bombs but jet option will be like inviting US forces over to Pakistan border for bombing run with b52 something Pakistan can't afford right now that why artillery....

Response ended ...different post from here directed at you.
Anyway you are opposing artillery (which i didn't support either for different reasons) is not because of its helping terrorist or its damaging civilian ...You are opposing it because these are shells from a foriegn nation dropping on your country without your consent and naturally you'll oppose it.... Although you will give technical reasons but reality is what i described.....And its not only you Pakistanis do the same....We are no different....I am not so glad on this artillery strike but i am glad that now you know how we feel when our country get bomb without our consent....

For a min change the title of this thread to Afghan forces request artillery from Across the border and your reaction will be changed altogether ....even if that artillery hit ****...

BTW canadians and other NATO forces use artillery in Afghanistan often.....

That is how Indians operate, the reason of my first post in the thread. As i say, we can never be friends,

Glad we got that cleared

[
B]just like we hate them, they hate us much more then that.[/B]

Now do u have a hate o meter to measure who hates more,or was this statement made merely as a ego soothing exercise??

I was amazed to see one of the Indian members who does nothing on the forum other then on daily basis be the first to copy and paste terror incidents happening in Pakistan, that shows their obsession with Pakistan.

Not long ago a certain pakistani member was the lone flag beares of the naxalite thread thread we have here on pdf.Dont remeber u applying the same logic to the pakistani and chinese posters here.

And wat wrong questions did the indians ask?? They merely pointed out the fact that u urselves are turning into something that u hate most.

Something has to be done in Kunar province and Northern Waziristan province of pakistan, Nobody can abandon it as it is.

CC: Sher Malang: Sir are you confident that ANSF forces are capable of handling siutation in 2014? because Air support may not be there once the United States leave? My question is regarding Major combat operations? Can Afghanistan forces hold any territory preventing Infiltration from Taliban militants?. All Countries must provide maximum Aid to Afghan Security Forces.

My concern is that the Government must not collapse just like as it happened after Soviet Union withdrawl?

Something has to be done in Kunar province and Northern Waziristan province of Afghanistan, Nobody can abandon it as it is.

CC: Sher Malang: Sir are you confident that ANSF forces are capable of handling siutation in 2014? because Air support may not be there once the United States leave? My question is regarding Major combat operations? Can Afghanistan forces hold any territory preventing Infiltration from Taliban militants?. All Countries must provide maximum Aid to Afghan Security Forces.

My concern is that the Government must not collapse just like as it happened after Soviet Union withdrawl?

North waziristan is an agency in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom