What's new

Afghans flee shelling from Pakistan: official, witnesses

Point out if anyone have been killed, haven't you read this in my previous post,

Telling me about going off topic? read my post correctly ..

You are asking my question from me; if you don't have answer let me answer it ' NONE ' have been killed but why to take such action even you know it would not kill any militants but will spark condemnation of civilians?

End result would be:
A rise in cross border attacks
Losing support from Pashtuns on this side of border
TTP may find better shelters once people turns totally against Pakistan
Recruitment will increase for TTP
and Pakistan will be the only loser.

Why do you care abt pashtuns, KP or afghanistan ?
Keep your inferiority complex for you RozPok.
First of all, worry abt your punjab and bhawalpur
Cuz pushtuns are our brother, you slum.. Why you care about Kashmir, Khalistan, N.E, and Naxal effected areas. Worry about yourself or muslims of india will steal your nation from you and you will remain slum forever. :lol:

actually the problem with US is

They dont want to live with us
& they cannt live without us...

there indian slaves are just here to justify daddys acts.

Even americans don't defend themselves as much indians defend them. :lol:

Their defence budget is just 250 million dollars what do you think you will sell them? :lol:

Nope, our total defense budget for this year is more 7bln$ mostly aid but Afghan gov's contribution is 600mln$ this year which will increase year by year and a fixed budget for post-2014 is also agreed by allies which would be 4.1bln$ per year for the next 10 years! let the trainings be finished buying weapons will follow.

Arty Shelling for COIN operations? Why not hot pursuit, PA has enough clout to enter afghan territory. Send your SSG and take them out

yea, sounds strange but done it with success in both Sawat and in tribal areas. depending on the terrain, artillery has its limitations and thats when air support was called in.

our troops engaging the taliban or spotting their concentration called in artillery and destroyed the targets.
for Hot pursuit we have to Russians (vs Georgia) or Americans (vs Pakistan) which we are not, there is a potential for open confrontation with the NATO troops which would only benefit the terrorists.

in reality we cant afford to do it. we will be giving a free pass to Americans to send their planes & troops to do the same on our side of the border..

the best option is use of our own attack drones (if they exist) I think thats an option that has more chance of success for agreement.
CIA is now conducting unilateral drones strikes anyway so we should be able to do the same against the targets in Afghanistan that CIA doesnt consider any danger to its troops. there were some news of about own combat drone program but there is no update on that and Americans were never so keen to share their combat drones with us anyway. so this option will live on the web like all the banter of hot pursuit from Pakistan into Afghanistan.

Nope, our total defense budget for this year is more 7bln$ mostly aid but Afghan gov's contribution is 600mln$ this year which will increase year by year and a fixed budget for post-2014 is also agreed by allies which would be 4.1bln$ per year for the next 10 years! let the trainings be finished buying weapons will follow.

7 Billion USD..? Isnt that more than Pakistan's defence budget?

You are asking my question from me; if you don't have answer let me answer it ' NONE ' have been killed but why to take such action even you know it would not kill any militants but will spark condemnation of civilians?

End result would be:
A rise in cross border attacks
Losing support from Pashtuns on this side of border
TTP may find better shelters once people turns totally against Pakistan
Recruitment will increase for TTP
and Pakistan will be the only loser.
Sher malang why don't you read my previous post correctly , I were expecting same questions before from you.
our soldiers must have scene some irregular activity in that area, they may have fired for defence purposes but haven't kill anyone. Afghans already don't have sympathy for Pakistan so there is nothing left to lose. Better to change in tone. Your soldiers were already caught previously in several incidents along bordars.
Furthermore TTP already have been attacking us from Afghans, they lost everything in Pakistan even their members but then they recruited more persons and they were all from A-stan , tajiks, Uzbeks. several threads belonging to it you will find in this forum if you just do bit search.

7 Billion USD..? Isnt that more than Pakistan's defence budget?

Yeah it was more than that a year ago; it's mostly spend on infrastructure and trainings every tool/weapon and training provided by NATO/US cost us 5 times expensive compared to India and Pakistan.

yea, sounds strange but done it with success in both Sawat and in tribal areas. depending on the terrain, artillery has its limitations and thats when air support was called in.

our troops engaging the taliban or spotting their concentration called in artillery and destroyed the targets.
for Hot pursuit we have to Russians (vs Georgia) or Americans (vs Pakistan) which we are not, there is a potential for open confrontation with the NATO troops which would only benefit the terrorists.

in reality we cant afford to do it. we will be giving a free pass to Americans to send their planes & troops to do the same on our side of the border..

the best option is use of our own attack drones (if they exist) I think thats an option that has more chance of success for agreement.
CIA is now conducting unilateral drones strikes anyway so we should be able to do the same against the targets in Afghanistan that CIA doesnt consider any danger to its troops. there were some news of about own combat drone program but there is no update on that and Americans were never so keen to share their combat drones with us anyway. so this option will live on the web like all the banter of hot pursuit from Pakistan into Afghanistan.

Even the U.S. military don't go firing artillery shells to kill terrorists even if they are in range in Pakistan. Just like you said it has limitations. However, the U.S. just introduce GPS guided shells that limits collateral damage. Expensive though. Still need intel on where to fire at.

Sher malang why don't you read my previous post correctly , I were expecting same questions before from you.

Furthermore TTP already have been attacking us from Afghans, they lost everything in Pakistan even their members but then they recruited more persons and they were all from A-stan , tajiks, Uzbeks. several threads belonging to it you will find in this forum if you just do bit search.

Same here Afghan Taliban have lost many men and day by day we see Punjabis and Uzbeks (uzbekistan) militants captured by ANSF.

our soldiers must have scene some irregular activity in that area, they may have fired for defence purposes but haven't kill anyone. Afghans already don't have sympathy for Pakistan so there is nothing left to lose. Better to change in tone. Your soldiers were already caught previously in several incidents along bordars.

Your soldiers may have seen such movements and it's good if they have taken steps to kill them but believe me these shelling will not work if PA have used drones like US on these terrorists I would supported that but not this.

NOT NECESSARY - YOU ARE ALREADY BANNED!

Shelling mountains will result nothing but increase the anger of local people and will tempt them to shelter TTP insurgents! in any way it's your lose!

like wise we have same argument about the drone strikes
all Afghan groups that are fighting the NATO and current Afghan regime has public support on both sides of the border, giving them shelter. the constant drone and NATO strikes are also not helping the situation

by the way sorry for the rude comments from some Pakistani members. in their eagerness to contest the flame war with Indians they forgot who the victims of this war are.

Your soldiers may have seen such movements and it's good if they have taken steps to kill them but believe me these shelling will not work if PA have used drones like US on these terrorists I would supported that but not this.

catch 22 sher

dont have 'em.. so we make do with what we got.

wanna see NATO troops using artillery in Afghanistan against Taliban? you know they use it too.. I am not justifying it though. and if you check my earlier post, I am against our own shelling as well. but I like to know if people have same views if and when NATO is doing it

That's mostly aid and will finish soon.

Your entire GDP is 17 billion dollars you cannot manage that.

Same here Afghan Taliban have lost many men and day by day we see Punjabis and Uzbeks (uzbekistan) militants captured by ANSF.
If you can provide any source for that? :undecided:
I hope that Pakistan should focused on its drone programs, so we can get our targets with bit more effectively . thats wat I can say here. but as long we don't have drones, we have to depend on shelling and guiding weapons.

like wise we have same argument about the drone strikes
all Afghan groups that are fighting the NATO and current Afghan regime has public support on both sides of the border, giving them shelter. the constant drone and NATO strikes are also not helping the situation

by the way sorry for the rude comments from some Pakistani members. in their eagerness to contest the flame war with Indians they forgot who the victims of this war are.

It's fine buddy! the drone strikes may not be good in the eyes of Pakistani people but don't you think your security agencies are giving intel to US? if no then it shows US has deeply penetrated the trible areas with it's informers.

Back
Top Bottom