What's new

'Afghanistan very close to our hearts': Indian President Kovind

So is cow piss. :lol:

Zing!

We know the score at the end of the day. An Afghan would rather jump off a cliff than migrate to India. Pakistanis fully know why millions of Afghans refuse to leave Pakistan.

Afghan women would be mass raped. Afghans would not be allowed to eat cow meat. Afghans would be treated as third class citizens such as Dalits. The list goes on and on.

Despite Afghan hate for Pakistan/Pakistanis they can’t afford other options. Talk about irony.

Indeed it is.

As a Muslim i consider all afghans my brothers.

And as an Indian i see afghanistan as one our strong future ally.

So you are afraid to be kicked out of the UK? Wait..I dont want to answer your questions how about that!! Call it evasive or anyother maneuver you like.

Why the love for afghans? My reasons for disliking afghans are my own.
It seems kaptaan is a pakistani pashtun whos hurt because of your comment of his Ethinic brothers who lives in Afghanistan.

We know the score at the end of the day. An Afghan would rather jump off a cliff than migrate to India. Pakistanis fully know why millions of Afghans refuse to leave Pakistan.

Afghan women would be mass raped. Afghans would not be allowed to eat cow meat. Afghans would be treated as third class citizens such as Dalits. The list goes on and on.

Despite Afghan hate for Pakistan/Pakistanis they can’t afford other options. Talk about irony.
Millions of Afghans have migrated to India in medieval era. Even today we host millions of more Recent Afghan Migrants in India.

They have founded their own bastis in cities like delhi, kolkata and lucknow.

Afghans have been gobbling indian balls for over 15 years now , they have developed a taste for it now

Mr. President should not keep them close to heart. The Taliban's will cause him Heart Attack. Rather Taliban Attack.

Love seem to b oozing from all holes

If Pakistanis can believe same things about China then why Afghans can not entertain the same about India?
I think the last thing an Afghan would care for would be a Pakistanis feeling for them.

Fascinating responses ...

As far as @Sher Malang 's response is concerned, what Pakistanis feel or not feel is irrelevant to my question.

My question was do Afghan really believe that the Indian state is doing this from the bottom of their heart? Do they really believe that the relationship between Indian and Afghanistan are civilization -- the truth seems to be that Afghan kings and chieftains were rather harsh on the Indian civilization: Ghazanvi, Abdali, Ghori (and other names of Pakistani missiles)

The truth according to me or any neutral third part would be that India is cleverly buying good will for a pennies on the dollar to give Pakistan the second front. Which is fair in International Geopolitics -- that the net losers are Pakistan to some extent and to a large extent Afghans. (The Chinese project is not very different in that regard)

-- --

As for as @Shapur's response goes -- actually Pakistanis don't have a history of conflict with the Chinese -- but I think you picked the wrong example. Pakistanis keep a wide distance from the Iranians just because they have excellent relations with Saudi Arabia the UAE. With Iran, Pakistan does have civilization links -- names, poetry, literature, religion, etc. -- however Pakistanis know that they cannot upset the Saudis and their Gulf Allies.

-- --

My question was posted as a genuine query -- what do Afghan really feel, and perhaps what do they really think (feelings are not rational but I often wonder what does the Afghan really think?)

I guess in some ways it is not fair question in this form which is a public space -- however I think the question may merit more serious responses than were posted by @Shapur and @Sher Malang

That was the past, it'd be the total waste of time to discuss that scenario. the only Person survives who transforms according to the time, forget & move on with the present.
We both nations should also work to solve our difference & live with peace, cheers..
I wish if the RSS held the same view as you.

As far as @Sher Malang 's response is concerned, what Pakistanis feel or not feel is irrelevant to my question.

My question was do Afghan really believe that the Indian state is doing this from the bottom of their heart? Do they really believe that the relationship between Indian and Afghanistan are civilization -- the truth seems to be that Afghan kings and chieftains were rather harsh on the Indian civilization: Ghazanvi, Abdali, Ghori (and other names of Pakistani missiles)

The truth according to me or any neutral third part would be that India is cleverly buying good will for a pennies on the dollar to give Pakistan the second front. Which is fair in International Geopolitics -- that the net losers are Pakistan to some extent and to a large extent Afghans. (The Chinese project is not very different in that regard)

-- --

As for as @Shapur's response goes -- actually Pakistanis don't have a history of conflict with the Chinese -- but I think you picked the wrong example. Pakistanis keep a wide distance from the Iranians just because they have excellent relations with Saudi Arabia the UAE. With Iran, Pakistan does have civilization links -- names, poetry, literature, religion, etc. -- however Pakistanis know that they cannot upset the Saudis and their Gulf Allies.

-- --

My question was posted as a genuine query -- what do Afghan really feel, and perhaps what do they really think (feelings are not rational but I often wonder what does the Afghan really think?)

I guess in some ways it is not fair question in this form which is a public space -- however I think the question may merit more serious responses than were posted by @Shapur and @Sher Malang
In my opinion, what Afghanistan wants is anyone, be it NATO or Bharat to help her cleanse "Afghan" lands of DaalKhor and Punjabi Ghulaam.

Afghanistan very close to our hearts - dagger is not far behind': Indian President Kovind

I just added part indian president did not say explicitly.

-- --

-- --

Afghanistan and Hindustan have a long history of influencing each other. They have ruled us (Mauryan empire, Hindu shahis) and we have ruled them (Durranis, Lodhis, Suris). Afghan saints like khwaja Moeenuddin Chishti have had a tremendous role in the history of Hindustan. Hindustani musicical system is used in Afghan music. There are too many influences to state. I don't know why some Pakistanis see only focus on what Ghaznavi or Durrani did. They did what was necessary to help the muslims of India. It was Shah Waliullah who asked Durrani to help Indian muslims against Marathas. Durrani had no ambitions to go to India or settle there. Ofcourse some Afghan kings were motivated by the riches of India, noone can deny that. There is no inbuilt hate between Afghans and Indians as some woild like to portray it.

The statements of politicans have to be taken at face value. Politicians are the same everywhere. What really matters is how the common people see other. Most Afghans think of Indians as fun loving, educated, hard working and smart people. Of course there are negative stereotypes as well.

Of course India will try to gain influence in Afghanistan and some of its actions are motivated by its self interest. Nobody can deny that but Pakistanis are too paranoid in my opinion about India opening a western front. Despite issues between Afghanistan and Pakistan, Afghanistan would never back India if there is war between India and Pakistan and this has been proven throughout history. I think Pakistan uses the excuse of Indian influence to justify its support for insurgent groups in Afghanistan.

The reason I gave the example of China was not because Pakistan has conflict with China but because how far apart Chinese and Pakistsnis are. Afghans and Indians both historically and genetically are closer to each other than Pakistan and China. If Pakistanis can believe China is their all weather friend then of course it is totally believeable for Afghans and Indians to be friends as well.

Afghanistan and Hindustan have a long history of influencing each other. They have ruled us (Mauryan empire, Hindu shahis) and we have ruled them (Durranis, Lodhis, Suris). Afghan saints like khwaja Moeenuddin Chishti have had a tremendous role in the history of Hindustan. Hindustani musicical system is used in Afghan music. There are too many influences to state. I don't know why some Pakistanis see only focus on what Ghaznavi or Durrani did. They did what was necessary to help the muslims of India. It was Shah Waliullah who asked Durrani to help Indian muslims against Marathas. Durrani had no ambitions to go to India or settle there. Ofcourse some Afghan kings were motivated by the riches of India, noone can deny that. There is no inbuilt hate between Afghans and Indians as some woild like to portray it.

The statements of politicans have to be taken at face value. Politicians are the same everywhere. What really matters is how the common people see other. Most Afghans think of Indians as fun loving, educated, hard working and smart people. Of course there are negative stereotypes as well.

Of course India will try to gain influence in Afghanistan and some of its actions are motivated by its self interest. Nobody can deny that but Pakistanis are too paranoid in my opinion about India opening a western front. Despite issues between Afghanistan and Pakistan, Afghanistan would never back India if there is war between India and Pakistan and this has been proven throughout history. I think Pakistan uses the excuse of Indian influence to justify its support for insurgent groups in Afghanistan.

The reason I gave the example of China was not because Pakistan has conflict with China but because how far apart Chinese and Pakistsnis are. Afghans and Indians both historically and genetically are closer to each other than Pakistan and China. If Pakistanis can believe China is their all weather friend then of course it is totally believeable for Afghans and Indians to be friends as well.

I think the statement that politicians are the same everywhere is a soundbite or that their statements should be taken at face value is very dangerous (remember Hitler).

Modi, Subramanian are reflections of the Indian consciousness.

At least Trump lost the popular vote and American intellectuals hate him -- all my conservative and religious friends hate him, even those who I know who voted for him hate him (or at least that's what they tell me) -- the people who the system has left behind voted for him in kida-like: if-we're-fucked-so-are you.

However what caught me off guard a few years ago is that most of my Indian friends from grad school are all pro-Modi -- these are educated highly intelligent people who in many cases I've looked up to in my life.

So the question, more refined: I wonder if you think the consciousness that elected Modi has any soft spot for the you, the Afghans?

Chinese/Pakistani -- you are right are new to each other -- and there is a comfortable strangeness -- but I doubt any real Pakistani intellectual believes that the significant component of China/Pakistan is not interest based and that interest in mutual -- and there is nothing wrong with that. The Chinese treatment of Muslims maybe harsh in some areas -- but it has no equivalence to Gujrat or Mumbai or Delhi -- and Muslims have been native to what is not India for generations. Maybe if Ghauri, Ghazanvi had instead sacked China then things may have been different.

On Pakistani paranoia -- you are correct Pakistanis maybe be paranoid -- but then they are certainly less paranoid than the Saudis or the Gulf are about Iran. For the paranoid -- the paranoia is his reality -- in some sense only that is important.

The China/Pakistan partnership has a fair chance of being win/win or win/little-win or win/draw -- it remains to be seen if Pakistanis will able to make the hard decisions needed to at least get even/

But the India/Afghan partnership is really a game of lawn chess between Indian and Pakistan. India is the grandmaster -- Pakistan the upstart and the pieces, both black and white are Afghans. In this game Pakistan can possibly draw, India can possibly win but the Afghan pawns will be killing Afghan queens.

Chess-Photo-3-668x501.jpg

I think the statement that politicians are the same everywhere is a soundbite or that their statements should be taken at face value is very dangerous (remember Hitler).

Modi, Subramanian are reflections of the Indian consciousness.

At least Trump lost the popular vote and American intellectuals hate him -- all my conservative and religious friends hate him, even those who I know who voted for him hate him (or at least that's what they tell me) -- the people who the system has left behind voted for him in kida-like: if-we're-fucked-so-are you.

However what caught me off guard a few years ago is that most of my Indian friends from grad school are all pro-Modi -- these are educated highly intelligent people who in many cases I've looked up to in my life.

I am not too familiar with Indian politics. Politics is a lot like sleeping. You sleep on the right and then sleep on the left. Pakistanis see things from Pakistani perspective and Afghans see see things from Afghan perspective hence what you regard as dangerous for Pakistan is not necessarily dangerous for Afghanistan. It is all a matter of perspective.

I am sure Pakistanis would love to have a Pakistani version of Modi rule Pakistan .

So the question, more refined: I wonder if you think the consciousness that elected Modi has any soft spot for the you, the Afghans?

Yes in the sense that Afghans have suffered from constant war for the last 40 years and they as fellow human beings want things to get better for Afghans. Besides some see Afghans as their long lost brothers who have gone astray and need to be reintroduced to their Indian/Hindu roots.

Chinese/Pakistani -- you are right are new to each other -- and there is a comfortable strangeness -- but I doubt any real Pakistani intellectual believes that the significant component of China/Pakistan is not interest based and that interest in mutual -- and there is nothing wrong with that. The Chinese treatment of Muslims maybe harsh in some areas -- but it has no equivalence to Gujrat or Mumbai or Delhi -- and Muslims have been native to what is not India for generations. Maybe if Ghauri, Ghazanvi had instead sacked China then things may have been different.

Reading the posts here one would think Pakistan and China "friendship" has been eternal. I guess it is to piss off Indians, same way Afghans like to piss off Pakistanis by being buddy buddy with Indians, lol

Interestingly Ahmad Shah Abdali made preparations to attack Qing dynasty and help the Uyghurs and Turks of central Asia but the plan was ruined by internal quarrels.

China wasn't ruled by muslims for 1000 years, maybe things would be different if they had been. Two can't be compared.

But the India/Afghan partnership is really a game of lawn chess between Indian and Pakistan. India is the grandmaster -- Pakistan the upstart and the pieces, both black and white are Afghans. In this game Pakistan can possibly draw, India can possibly win but the Afghan pawns will be killing Afghan queens.

That's Pakistani delusion of grandeur who think they are heirs to the Mughals and other muslim rulers of subcontinent.

Back
Top Bottom