What's new

Afghan Taliban in Kabul; Amnesty announced and Interim setup rumored

Americans and Indians are not necessarily on same page on all matters.

This is an opportunity for Pakistan to capitalize to its advantage and reboot relations with USA on positive footing.

Mike Pompeo = CIA
Don't know which kind of relationship are you talking about. The PAK-US relationships have always been purely transactional in nature. Even their ex-president candidate Hillary Clinton acknowledged that. US is proven to be the death sentence for its "allies and faithful" especially to the non-caucasion ones.

Our future is tied with this region and our regional powers. We need to establish trade corridors with Russian influenced, landlocked central Asian states and Russia too to make our Gwadar port commercially viable. China is our partner too for the foreseeable future.

The National interests of Pakistan and the US have more often been diametrically opposite to each other. Now we have seen a Pakistani Govt leadership which doesn't hesitate to speak for the national interest of Pakistan with loud and clear message. Would US reliably support us against our arch rival India? Never, because they have better ties with India in terms of business and now they want to use India to counter their arch rival, China too.

Yes US is a global power, rather declining one. Yes the world is turning into multipolar world again. We can't afford to have hostile relations with the west, specially the US. But neither we can establish relationship with US at the cost of our own citizens blood, peace & stability, our relationships with regional partners like China, Russia. If US still wants to keep cordial relationship with us without any "do more" crap then that's great. But IMHO that's highly unlikely with big bully like US. They more often tend to be cowboys on diplomatic level as well.

You know the irony? Its Pakistan which evacuated Danish embassy from Kabul. Should have left these fkers there.
US senators receive intelligence briefing on Afghanistan
From CNN's Jenny Hansler and Jasmine Wright

Senators received their own intelligence briefing from Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley Sunday on the unfolding collapse of Afghanistan, but a senate aide told CNN the meeting was not contentious and focused mostly on evacuations.

Senators were told there are as many as 60,000 people who could potentially qualify as Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders or applicants, P1 and P2 visa holders, or others like human rights defenders.
The Biden administration has surged capacity for evacuations but a key challenge will be whether people can get to Kabul, per this aide. Blinken said Qatar and a couple other countries are being helpful in housing people at least temporarily.

The officials were also asked about the potential for terrorist activity as well as engagement with Pakistan. They would not provide information on the terrorist threats in an unclassified setting, but the aide said it didn’t sound like Pakistan was being helpful on the situation.

Another source tells CNN that both the House and Senate briefings were both roughly 45 minutes long and that the State Department is following up with members who weren’t able to have their questions answered due to “technical issues.”

Asked about the briefings, a White House official told CNN that "the White House remains in touch with House and Senate leadership to conduct classified briefings with staff soon and when Members are in Washington."

American snakes want help from Pakistan LOL After backstabbing Pakistan for 2 decades the Americans want help from Pakistan. I am glad Pakistan has shown a big middle finger.

What "intelligence" briefing they are getting? The one which said Kabul might fall in 6 months? Lol

Last edited:
You know the irony? Its Pakistan which evacuated Danish embassy from Kabul. Should have left these fkers there.

What "intelligence" briefing they are getting? The one which said Kabul might fall in 6 months? Lol
This insistence to let in Afghan refugees into Pakistan. Just so they don't have to take them in and save face will only last for a few months. We need to stand strong against this insistence.

Do you or anyone else on here know close to real size of the US weapons Talibans have captured? I've seen many clips on youtube and on other sites, however, not one source can actually give a relevant size of munitions, weapons, vehicles captures by the Talibans. The US poured in $ 83 billion onto Afghan military over the past 20 years so I am curious to find out details. Thanks

Do you or anyone else on here know close to real size of the US weapons Talibans have captured? I've seen many clips on youtube and on other sites, however, not one source can actually give a relevant size of munitions, weapons, vehicles captures by the Talibans. The US poured in $ 83 billion onto Afghan military over the past 20 years so I am curious to find out details. Thanks
I think its best to refer to the US documents that highlight the amount of weapons fallen into their hands. the taliban in their press conference said that they are going to launch an amnesty to take weapons away from the public.

I don't think there is general amnesty awarded by the new Afghan government.

There are international conventions that need be respected with respect to war crimes taken place in Afghanistan over the past 20 years.

I thought, sensing a loss, a lot of weapons and even aircrafts/helis were taken north to Uzbekistan. Taliban still get a lot but not sure they can have a real air force.
So what is Russia doing in this case? I don't think the Uzbeks would defy a strong Russian pressure to repatriate the weapons? Or Russia is doing wait and watch to get the max out of the American exit? Putin is quite a fox!

The last Jew in Afghanistan
Zebulun Siman Tov declared that he is not moving anywhere:
"I will not leave my home (Afghanistan). If I had left, there would have been no one to maintain the Synagogue.
I had the opportunity for to leave for the US but I gave up."

1629300958461.png

I am cringing on people labelling Taliban as a threat to their respective countries.
Nobody in their right mind will go out and look out for another war after fighting one for the last 20 years. Afghans need peace Afghanistan is not a play ground for you to nurture militant groups there or maintain a military presence there.
Ghar mein doosri plate saalan ki nahi poochta magar itnay important hai kay Taliban attack karein gay in par.

Outside of the Presidential Palace in Kabul the day after the Saur Revolution, 28th April 1978.

1629312965000.png

The Saur Revolution, also romanized Sowr Revolution, and alternatively called the April Revolution or April Coup, was a coup d'état led by the Soviet-backed People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan against the rule of Afghan President Mohammed Daoud Khan on 27–28 April 1978.

Back
Top Bottom