Status
Not open for further replies.

raazh

Reaction score
Afghans in trouble in Indian universities

Mian Saifur Rehman
Friday, June 21, 2013
From Print Edition

Following the bashing of many Afghan students in India’s Sharda University, a good few Afghan parents have withdrawn their children from Indian institutions and also requested the Kabul government to intervene and take up the matter with New Delhi government to stop these ethnic conflicts.

The News has learnt from reliable sources that have been instrumental in Pak-Afghan Ulema peace conference and have close connections in Afghanistan that reports were not satisfactory and good about the condition of Afghan students getting higher education in some Indian institutes. The sources told The News that yet greater cause of concern was the breach of security of Afghan students on some occasions at the hands of Indian students and their accomplices some of whom were reportedly toughies enjoying patronage of the local influential.

Giving detailed account of the happening, the sources said that in May 2013, some local students of Sharda University Campus (Greater Navaida) teased an Afghan girl student and even tried to abduct her.

Following the Afghan students’ reaction, the Indian students got infuriated and then followed clashes among Indian and Afghan students.

Heavy contingents of police intervened and shifted Afghan students to a safer place outside the University premises because some Indian students had threatened to kill them (the Afghan students). As many as 30 students and a few cops were injured during this scuffle.

Sources say that certain quarters were fomenting ethnic hatred and prejudices the demonstration of which was witnessed even earlier in February 2013 in the Annual Cultural Festival of National Institute of Technology Rourkela, India. In that occurrence too, many Afghan students were hurt.

Similar clashes, according to sources, erupted yet earlier in Raween Shah University in which many Afghan students were injured including the son of a Karzai government minister. At that time, 58 Afghan students including two female students were forced to take refuge in New Delhi following threats to life received from some Indian students.

The Afghan-connected sources further informed The News that the parents of Afghan students had expressed their satisfaction over the nice treatment given to their children in Pakistani Universities.

These parents say that their children were also studying in European, Iranian and some other countries’ institutions but at no place other than India, they (the Afghan students) were subjected to intimidation and coercion.

Afghans in trouble in Indian universities - thenews.com.pk

ive always hated that university....n this gives me one more reason to hate it....

Last university name given is Ravenshaw university not raween shah....and i remember the day the fight broke up .from that day i have not seen an afghan student

Last university name given is Ravenshaw university not raween shah....and i remember the day the fight broke up .from that day i have not seen an afghan student

Are you from Odisha? @invincible

Last edited by a moderator:
Indians talking about Afghans studying in their country all came to a halt now...

oh these insecure Pakistanis!! Few incidents can't change anything, no matter how hard you cry over forums!! Lols there are thousands of afgan students in our universities and thousands have been passed out. Also we have plenty of ANA cadets getting training in our defence institutes.

In Pakistan they are comfortable because of pakistani pashtuns, they stick with us and stay in our company in hostile cities like karachi...in my own college there were Afghan students on special seats, all of them were pashtuns......

In karachi clashes take place between pashtun students and mohajir students....the reason is gap between abaseen culture and U.P/bihar Culture. Same is happening in india.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom