What's new

Afghan media: Pakistani helicopter crash-lands in Logar, 6 on board captured

1 thing we Pakistanis need to understand is that this country (Afghanistan) is manhoos. It is Manhoosistan. It is a cursed country with nothing good ever coming out of it.

Avoid it. Even avoid its air. We should have taken some other route to Russia other than this. Nothing good is ever coming out of this country.

@ranjeet , Bhai tu kamaal hai ... !

Log kah rahe the 5 russian aur 1 Pakistani .. yahan to 1 Russian aur 5 Pakistani hain ..

Kia kamal hai bc? Pak def ka tweet copy kia hai.

Kamal hai lol :lol:

Even Pakistani News channel broadcasting this news , but it was not a army heli rather a Punjab Government Mi17 going to russia for maintenance .

Kamaal esliye .. ki wo bande ne mauka par pardafaash kar diya..!

Yahan log bol rahe the .. ki jhooth hai wo sab..kahaniyan hain ... Ab sabka muh band ho gaya... Hua ki Nahi?

@ranjeet bhai baat samajh nahi aayi ... Ye Pakistan ke Helicopter ko aag Taliban ne laga dee!! aur Hostage bhi rakh liye hain ...baat palle nahi padi
I don't know the details bro, but from what I read it's a civilian chopper. I just hope all the hostages are freed safely. I don't have anything more to add on this topic than this.

Punjab govt’s helicopter crash lands in Afghanistan; Taliban set it on fire, take crew hostage
hostages-taken-in-pakistan-helicopter-crash-in-afghanistan-officials-1470325468-8989.jpg

KABUL: A Pakistani government helicopter crash-landed in eastern Afghanistan on Thursday, their embassy in Kabul said, with local authorities saying all six people on board were taken hostage by the Taliban.

The insurgents have not so far commented on the incident in Azra district in the restive province of Logar.

"An Mi-17 transport helicopter belonging to the Punjab government was scheduled to fly to Russia for repair. We think the same chopper crash-landed in Logar," Pakistani embassy spokesman Akhtar Munir told AFP.

"We don't know anything about the fate of those on-board or why it crash-landed."

The local district governor Hamidullah Hamid said six people on board had been taken hostage by Taliban insurgents.

"They have been taken to an unknown location," he said.

The helicopter caught fire after it crashed, said Logar governor's spokesman Salim Saleh.

Russian-made Mi-17s are used by the Pakistani military.

There was no official comment from the Pakistani military or Afghan defense ministry officials.

Kabul has long accused Pakistan of supporting the Taliban and continuing to nurture sanctuaries on its soil in the hope of maintaining influence in Afghanistan.

(This is a developing story)
http://nation.com.pk/national/04-Au...tan-helicopter-crash-in-afghanistan-officials

I don't know the details bro, but from what I read it's a civilian chopper. I just hope all the hostages are freed safely. I don't have anything more to add on this topic than this.
Its Punjab govt,s helicopter that was sent for repairs

An Aircraft that is in need of repairs is flown? Would it be easier and safer to dismantle it and placed in a cargo plane and then sent?

Loss of hull and capture - not good

Not just flown. Was going to Russia from Pakistan. Must be using some super fuel to have this kind of range.

Afghans claiming..

Looks like Twitter handle of Afghan Army..

@Zibago @PaklovesTurkiye @LadyFinger @AsianUnion

Punjab govt helicopter crash lands in Afghanistan, seven held hostage
August 4, 2016

By: Samaa Web Desk

Published in Global, Pakistan

Be the first to comment!
pak-helicopter-e1470323350886.jpg

File photo of Punjab Government’s helicopter

ISLAMABAD: Seven people were held hostage by Afghan Taliban after a Punjab government helicopter made an emergency landing in Afghanistan due to mechanical faults on Thursday.

The Russian helicopter MI-17 carrying six Pakistani engineers were traveling to Uzbekistan before it made crash landing in Afghanistan’s Logar area.

The plane was reportedly set on fire by the Afghan Taliban, who also held Pakistani officials and a Russian pilot hostage.

Speaking to SAMAA about the incident, Air Marshal (retd) Abid Rao said that the government must launch diplomatic efforts to rescue Pakistani engineers captured by Afghan Taliban.

He said that the pilot should have chosen a safe air route to fly instead of going from Afghan territory, where Afghan Taliban had still strong presence.

Meanwhile, Foreign Office has approached the Afghan government and sought their help to safely recover Pakistani nationals.

– ‘Helicopter caught fire after crash’ –

The insurgents have not so far commented on the incident.

“An Mi-17 transport helicopter belonging to the Punjab government was scheduled to fly to Russia for repair. We think the same chopper crash-landed in Logar,” Pakistani embassy spokesman Akhtar Munir told AFP.

“We don’t know anything about the fate of those on-board or why it crash-landed.”

The local district governor Hamidullah Hamid said six people on board had been taken hostage by Taliban insurgents.

“They have been taken to an unknown location,” he said.

The helicopter caught fire after it crashed, said Logar governor’s spokesman Salim Saleh.

Russian-made Mi-17s are used by the Pakistani military. -Samaa/Agencies

One should believe PTV and GEO then? Check out SAMAA they have confirmed it is one your helis.

Some are claiming over Net that this Heli was giving logistics support to "friends"..

Back
Top Bottom