What's new

Afghan companies reach out to Gujarat for joint ventures

Bro Dari is middle Persian, meanwhile Farsi is modern Persian. Farsi spoken by Tajiks is more similar to one spoken by Iranians whereas Dari uses some older vocab that is no longer used in other Persian speaking regions.

Idk about that but I will take your word for it.

No you are a bit incorrect there, I have been with Tajikistani people and days before nawroz this year I was there in Tajikistan, the Farsi they speak is more similar to Dari that's the reason the cultural ties of Tajikistan is stronger with Afghanistan than Iran; you can't feel any difference between our Takhari, Badakhshi people and them.

Historians on both sides have different views on Dari and Farsi; here the very common definition of Dari and Farsi is, that Dari was a darbari language and Farsi was a street language or was used out of darbar.

I personally have always hated history subject since school time so pardon me if I made any wrong interpretation of history here.

No you are a bit incorrect there, I have been with Tajikistani people and days before nawroz this year I was there in Tajikistan, the Farsi they speak is more similar to Dari that's the reason the cultural ties of Tajikistan is stronger with Afghanistan than Iran; you can't feel any difference between our Takhari, Badakhshi people and them.

Historians on both sides have different views on Dari and Farsi; here the very common definition of Dari and Farsi is, that Dari was a darbari language and Farsi was a street language or was used out of darbar.

I personally have always hated history subject since school time so pardon me if I made any wrong interpretation of history here.

You may be right that Tajik Persian is now closer to Dari, I read in an article that Tajik Persian was corrupted by Russian because of years under Soviets and so had a huge bunch of Russian loan words that were not being replaced by more indigenous terms. It would not be surprising if the exchange of terms was coming from Afghan Dari. Anyway do you speak Dari and can you under Farsi perfectly as well? I asked some Iranian members here sometime ago if they could understand Dari but they could not.

You may be right that Tajik Persian is now closer to Dari, I read in an article that Tajik Persian was corrupted by Russian because of years under Soviets and so had a huge bunch of Russian loan words that were not being replaced by more indigenous terms. It would not be surprising if the exchange of terms was coming from Afghan Dari. Anyway do you speak Dari and can you under Farsi perfectly as well? I asked some Iranian members here sometime ago if they could understand Dari but they could not.

Yeah, I can even talk in Farsi the same as Iranians talk; the problem is many Iranians don't write what they talk otherwise it would have been the same as Dari; like they say 'Khoona' and they write 'Khana' (home) thats the same in Dari... like they say 'meeram' and they write 'merawam' (I go) that's again same as Dari and there are many many many more words I personally know.

The other difference is Dari is a bit occupied by Arabic words.

Parsi, Dari and Tajiki are different dialects of the same language and are mutually intelligible. ;)

Parsi, Dari and Tajiki are different dialects of the same language and are mutually intelligible. ;)

So you can understand all three? I know they are pretty much the same but they are differences I believe it was @ResurgentIran who said he could not understand dari although it was long time ago so maybe it was some other member.

So you can understand all three? I know they are pretty much the same but they are differences I believe it was @ResurgentIran who said he could not understand dari although it was long time ago so maybe it was some other member.

I have some Afghani friends and I never had any problem for understanding their dialect (Dari). :)
On the other hand , Tajiki is more difficult to understand for me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom