What's new

Aero India 2023

All those making fun of India and DRDO and their efforts should understand the reality.

I had years ago mentioned that Pakistan should not take this lightly. Their alliances within the Western defence industry, their consistency of effort and execution, their focus, and their longer arc view on building these capabilities (bringing more tech strengths through their commercial successes in IT), will eventually pay dividends. Now with alignment with their private sector watch this space explode as India becomes a premiere manufacturer of advanced military gear, whereas the Bubus in Pakistan will continue to develop cereals and get their "speed money" from here and there, while squeezing Pakistani private sector out of this field due to their own greed and interests. I have not met one person who does not express they have someone who (nephew, son, uncle) has a company that should "partner". Or conversely give us a POC or we should buy off the shelf. No effort in developing local skills and capability that requires long term investment and patience.

Pakistan has already lost the race. Best some posters can do it brag about 2019 for the next ten years

Still no real news on the Tejas Mk.2?
Delayed by 2 years, earlier it was supposed to rollout by Aug 2022, now the supposed timeline is mid-24 and first flight in early 25!!

Delayed by 2 years, earlier it was supposed to rollout by Aug 2022, now the supposed timeline is mid-24 and first flight in early 25!!
They have mastered the art of shifting the timelines gradually.

IAF had asked for secure radios many decades back. They said they are capable of it and IAF wasn’t allowed to import them till Pulwama happened and we know how radios were jammed. Just one small example to show how our procurement and development happens.

Come 2025 and we might be told, it was infact 2027.

Last edited:
They

They have mastered the art of shifting the timelines gradually.

IAF had asked for secure radios many decades back. They said they are capable of it and IAF wasn’t allowed to import them till Pulwama happened and we know how radios were jammed. Just one small example to show how our procurement and development happens.

Come 2025 and we might be told it was infact 2027.

Armed forces, Bureaucrats, MoD, PSUs sab milkar paagal bana rhe hain ......

Still no real news on the Tejas Mk.2?

As per ADA DG Dr Girish Deodhare, work on Tejas Mk2 will be completed next year.

As per the DRDO Chairman, Dr Kamat, the current target for Tejas Mk2 induction into service is 2028.

As of now, it is still a concept that they're pitching. It hasn't even had an engine finalized, so it is quite preliminary and will take much more refinement going forward as it progresses into preliminary and then detailed design.
So you are not a fan of this design as well, you can just wrote this but you took it personal instead because of my nationality, great. :-)
I provided that as a FACT CHECK.

Sometimes it's easier to criticize others while our own selves are no better.

Not sure if such a plain stupid - by the way off topic and lame attempt to insult - post proves anything.

So far it only shows you have no understanding at all on how military hardware is promoted and sold especially by the US.

But ok, keep on dreaming …
Obviously I am insulting you, and if you want to know

You dont promote "Amerika Stronk" in India,,, like US do in some other contries. The reaction would be totally opposite in India. Some 5-6 years ago it was, US wont sell MQ-9, its tyring. Furthur, no one is saying India is buying F-35.
But as you have shown, you have no knowledge about region's geopolitics. I leave it at that.

Images from Aero India flying demos

Pics courtesy : Vayu Review

FpElTsHakAAXcmP

FpElUxraAAI_ltE

FpElVkdaIAALIZg

FpElWR1aUAAxHaK

Pics credit - Photoyogi

Fo-BRMZaYAE6xTp

Fo-BRkPaMAIQ48u

Fo-BQz1agAAZZXj

Fo-BQYAagAErLmy

Back