What's new

Aero India 2023

You might want to learn to discuss the topic and not attack a member just because you don't agree with his opinion.
There are established set of rules for rating posts, look them up , let me know if you need further disambiguation.

AMCA in beast mode with it's IWB open

FpBTBOXacAA9W6J

A NATO member is sanctioned under CAATSA by USofA, and India received a CAATSA waiver.

Not saying F-35 is on offer but please keep up with updated info, "mod"! 😉

Man... this thread turned you quite salty....

Well, in fact I‘m not salty I‘m only stating the facts based on my understanding and as such indeed I‘m „salty“ against fan-boyism and stupid chest-bumping. It is almost the same as against certain Pakistani members, when they claim they can ask China for anything and that the PAF can get whatever they want.

Just since a certain country looks at a certain type, does not mean an order is close to being inked, that‘s why I‘m so much against these hyperbole „we sell Tejas“ to XXX countries.
Just since the F-35 is on show, does not mean the IAF can get it at least unconditionally … or does the B-1B on show can also be translated, the IAF is getting them? Surely not.

And thsi story can be extended by several more examples …

AMCA in beast mode with it's IWB open

FpBTBOXacAA9W6J
Looks great... Even design wise seems better than Chinese J20. Chinese J20 looks bulky as same as Russian Su 57

Well, in fact I‘m not salty I‘m only stating the facts based on my understanding and as such indeed I‘m „salty“ against fan-boyism and stupid chest-bumping. It is almost the same as against certain Pakistani members, when they claim they can ask China for anything and that the PAF can get whatever they want.

Just since a certain country looks at a certain type, does not mean an order is close to being inked, that‘s why I‘m so much against these hyperbole „we sell Tejas“ to XXX countries.
Just since the F-35 is on show, does not mean the IAF can get it at least unconditionally … or does the B-1B on show can also be translated, the IAF is getting them? Surely not.

And thsi story can be extended by several more examples …

I am agreed with your point that USA will not going to sell F35 to India since we have close relationship with Russia.

USA will only offer mostly her 2nd tire aircrafts i.e F16, f18 etc.. once might they moved to 6th gen fighters then might will offer to india

I read somewhere that Tejas performed a negative-g turn during Aero India.
What is great about it? Must be something unusual since it was specifically mentioned. Moreover, is it first time that it did this thing?
Aren’t all fighters capable to do turns of all kinds?
Google might help, but hearing it from members here would be better.

What is great about it? Must be something unusual since it was specifically mentioned. Moreover, is it first time that it did this thing?
Youtube knowledge lol

Positive G - blood gets pulled down from brain to parts below, during supersonic turns (guess left or right at supersonic speeds)

Negative G - flying upside down basically, like a monkey hanging upside down a tree or like kids on poles or branches. Blood gets pushed down to brain, only this is at much faster rate in a plane flying upside down at supersonic speeds. So negative g

So overall nothing to do with Tejas, it's more of the pilot's ability to do this.

Thanks.

What about Negative G turn? Is it some kind of special turn?
Check this video, time stamp 3.40 to 4.00 - they did a negative 2g flying

It's basically inverted flying, the more I see these videos .. maybe some experienced here can talk on it

Wow. Looks interesting.

It appears negative G turn was nothing great. Just a fighter stuff that all of them must be doing.
Yep nothing special, am sure it must be our media hyping something simple lol, for folks like us (aka civilians) who don't know what it is haha.

Every fighter can perform negative g turns - typically their envelope is defined from positive Gs to negative Gs.

Tejas' envelope is from +8G to -3.5G.

Fuel sloshing and fuel management is a big issue with negative Gs. To the pilots, developers and others who understand aviation, it demonstrates the maturity of the Fuel Management System.

And the biggest factor is that it is extremely uncomfortable for the pilot. It causes blood to pool near the head, the opposite of what happens when you pull +ve Gs.

It leads to what is called "red out" which is where blood vessels in the eyes can burst due to the pressure.

Youtube knowledge lol

Positive G - blood gets pulled down from brain to parts below, during supersonic turns (guess left or right at supersonic speeds)

Negative G - flying upside down basically, like a monkey hanging upside down a tree or like kids on poles or branches. Blood gets pushed down to brain, only this is at much faster rate in a plane flying upside down at supersonic speeds. So negative g

So overall nothing to do with Tejas, it's more of the pilot's ability to do this.

NO

Negative G is not flying upside down! That is simply 0 G.

Negative G is where you are pulling Gs in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION of the bank angle. Basically the pilot is PUSHING the stick as far away as possible, instead of PULLING it as close as possible which is what he would do during a positive G maneuver.

Check this video, time stamp 3.40 to 4.00 - they did a negative 2g flying

It's basically inverted flying
No it's not inverted flying, you experience negative g only at specific points of a maneuver such as a barrel roll or loop-the-loop when the pilot is pulled off his or her seat momentarily. In space, an astronaut experiences negative g's only when accelerating or decelerating. Negative g is far more lethal to the human body and aircraft than positive g. Most fighters can survive +12 g but only -5 g, the human body cannot survive more than -2g for longer than a few seconds before irreversible damage to the body occurs. The exact duration depends on safety gear and the physical condition of the pilot.

In everyday life you momentarily experience for a second negative g when you drive over a bridge or fall from a bike or vehicle that is accelerating and turbulence on a commercial flight.

Indian Navy may need 100 TEDBF fighters. They may be approaching CCS for clearance sometime this year.

Dr Girish Deodhare DG ADA has confirmed that TEDBF is in Preliminary Design phase and that it's wing folding mechanism design (a critical safety requirement) has been finalised.

Expect systems from AMCA and Tejas Mk2 to be used for TEDBF to speed up it's development as well. A high degree of commonality between the 3 fighters will also help in maintenance, training, spares supplies, etc.

Navy may need 100 locally made deck based fighters

A proposal to design and develop an indigenous deck-based fighter for the Indian Navy is likely to be taken up by the Cabinet Committee on Security soon, with the navy’s requirement expected to around 100 aircraft, senior officials familiar with the development said at Aero India 2023 on Tuesday.

The first prototype of the twin engine deck-based fighter (TEDBF) could make its maiden flight by 2026 and be ready for production by 2031, said Girish S Deodhare, director general, Aeronautical Development Agency. The navy is looking at importing a new deck-based fighter as an interim measure to meet its requirements before the indigenous TEDBF is ready. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited will produce the new fighter at the rate of eight aircraft per year, the officials said.

The French Rafale M fighter has edged out the American F/A-18 Super Hornet in a direct competition to equip the navy with 26 new deck-based fighters for INS Vikrant, the country’s first indigenous aircraft carrier. The navy currently has two aircraft carriers – INS Vikrant and INS Vikramaditya.

The TEDBF will match the capabilities of Rafale M and F/A-18 Super Hornet, Deodhare said. The Rafale is manufactured by Dassault Aviation while the Super Hornet is a Boeing product.

“The expertise gained in developing the light combat aircraft (navy) will come in handy for the TEDBF project. It’s currently in the preliminary design stage and should move forward quickly. The wing folding design mechanism (to ensure the plane takes minimum space on an aircraft carrier) has been finalised,” Deodhare said.

So the next AEWC in line is still 240 degree coverage? why not 360 degree mushroom on the top?
AEWCS Mk-2 will have 300° coverage, there's a portion of radar in the nose too.

360° will come on DRDO AWACS project. It's development is also underway. A330 will be used most likely for that.

Is that a final design? That things needs some redesign for sure, it looks like things from 60s...
Let's wait.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom