What's new

Accept Vande Mataram or go to Pakistan

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Those who oppose Vande Mataram should go to Pakistan:Uddhav Thackeray

MUMBAI: Shiv Sena Executive President Uddhav Thackeray Wednesday hit out at the Jamiat-Ulema-e-Hind for issuing fatwa against singing Vande Mataram
saying that those who oppose the national song should go to Pakistan.

In a statement issued here, Thackeray said that the fatwa was issued in the presence of Union home minister P Chidambaram which shows that the Centre has indulged into minority appeasement.

"If anti-national fatwas are issued in the presence of the Union home minister then there is no future for this country. It looks like the Centre has a policy of Muslim appeasement for votes," the Sena leader alleged.

He said Vande Mataram is not just two words but a flame to invoke nationalism. "If you don't want to salute the motherland, then whom do you salute? What is the shame in saluting Bharatmata? Those who don't want to salute Bharatmata should go to Pakistan, Bangladesh. There is no place for such traitors in India," Thackeray said.
He asked his party members to put up 'Vande Mataram' boards all over Maharashtra. Such fatwas create tensions between Hindus and Muslims, he added.

Those who oppose Vande Mataram should go to Pakistan:Uddhav Thackeray - Mumbai - City - The Times of India

Lol @ Jana.
Shes the one who always claims that ToI amounts to yellow/orange journalism and most of her anti-India posts are from ToI!!
What is it exactly now? ToI a credible source now? Lol, how hypocritical.
Btw, that Thackeray is a moron and is widely recognized as such in India, except for a few of his moronic followers. His comments, definitely wrong, dont mean anything!
However I dont understand the controversy about Vande Mataram. It is a patriotic Indian song celebrating Mother India. Its bad to mix religion and state and people who do that usually pay for it!
Whatever anyone says, in my personal view, Vande Mataram is a song to be sung by all Indians regardless of religious affiliation!
All these fatwas and counter fatwas being issued for trivial matters makes them a joke these days. Get serious.

Lol @ Jana.
Shes the one who always claims that ToI amounts to yellow/orange journalism and most of her anti-India posts are from ToI!!
What is it exactly now? ToI a credible source now? Lol, how hypocritical.
Btw, that Thackeray is a moron and is widely recognized as such in India, except for a few of his moronic followers. His comments, definitely wrong, dont mean anything!
However I dont understand the controversy about Vande Mataram. It is a patriotic Indian song celebrating Mother India. Its bad to mix religion and state and people who do that usually pay for it!
Whatever anyone says, in my personal view, Vande Mataram is a song to be sung by all Indians regardless of religious affiliation!
All these fatwas and counter fatwas being issued for trivial matters makes them a joke these days. Get serious.

ToI is quoting what your hardliner is saying and i have just posted the PoV of your own harliner as presented by ToI.

controversy about Vande Mataram is not new, it was there even before partition.

And no its not just a song. for Indian Hindus it will be ok as you worship dieties but we do not worship dieties.

ToI is quoting what your hardliner is saying and i have just posted the PoV of your own harliner as presented by ToI.

And no its not just a song. for Indian Hindus it will be ok as you worship dieties but we do not worship dieties.

Do you even know the words and meaning of Vande Mataram to make such a statement. Wiki gives a summary of the song and its inception according to Indian history. You may perhaps want to read that journal. I cannot vouch for its truth as I do not understand hindi. If the wiki thread is correct then the fatwa was unnecessary.

As for Thackeray and his quacks they need to go to lalaland :rofl:

Doesnt matter what YOU think!
If the Govt of the day decides to make it compulsory, everyone HAS to follow it. If they, GoI, decide not to touch the issue, it will remain simmering giving much needed fodder to religious fundamentalist morons, they are morons anyway, as a reason to stay in active politics.
Vande Mataram is NOT a Hindu religious song per se. I dont know your source, but apparently they are as skewered as they can get! You, Ma'am, happy to say, are totally wrong!

Vande Mataram

Controversy or not, it depends on your interpretation, Vande Mataram is a beautiful poem and I do believe it should be given a better status.
Translation

Several English translations of Vande Mataram have been made.[17]

Here is a translationof the part that has been adopted as India's National song:

Vande Mataram
sujalaam
suphalaam
malayaja sheethalam
shashya shyamalaam
Maataram, vande maataram
Shubhra jothsana pulakitha yaminim
Phulla kusumitat drumah dala shobhinim
Suhasinim, Sumadhura bhAshinim
sukhadaam varadhaam, maataram
Vande mataraam

My obeisance to Mother India!
With flowing beneficial waters
Filled with choicest fruits
With cooling breeze
Green with the harvest
O mother! My obeisance to you!
Ecstatic moonlit nights
The plants blooming with flowers
Sweet speaker of sweet languages
Fount of blessings,
Mother, I salute you!

Following is Sri Aurobindo's translation of the original Vande Mataram (verses 1, 3, 4, 6):[17]

Vande Mataram
Sujalam Suphalam
Malayaja Seetalam
Sasya Shamalaam Mataram
Vande Mataram

Mother, I bow to thee!
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
bright with orchard gleams,
Cool with thy winds of delight,
Dark fields waving Mother of might,
Mother free.

Shubra Jyotsnaa
Pulakita Yaminim
Pullakusumita
Drumadala Shobhinim
Subhashinim
Sumadhura Bhashinim
Sukhadaam Varadaam
Mataram
Vande Mataram

Glory of moonlight dreams,
Over thy branches and lordly streams,
Clad in thy blossoming trees,
Mother, giver of ease
Laughing low and sweet!
Mother I kiss thy feet,
Speaker sweet and low!
Mother, to thee I bow.

Sapta Ko Ti Kan Tha
Kalakalaninaada
Karale Dwisapta Ko Ti Bhujai
Rdhr^Itakhara Karavaale
Abalaa Keno Maa Eto Bale
Bahubhaladharinim
Namaami Taarinim
Ripudala Varinim
Mataram
Vande Mataram

Who hath said thou art weak in thy lands
When the sword flesh out in the seventy million hands
And seventy million voices roar
Thy dreadful name from shore to shore?
With many strengths who art mighty and stored,
To thee I call Mother and Lord!
Thou who savest, arise and save!
To her I cry who ever her foeman drove
Back from plain and Sea
And shook herself free.

Tumi Vidyaa, Tumi Dharmaa
Tumi Hridi, Tumi Marma
Tum Hi Pranaah Shariire
Bahute Tumi Maa Shakti
Hridaya Tumi Maa Bhakti
Tomaraa I Pratimaa Gadi
Mandire Mandire

Thou art wisdom, thou art law,
Thou art heart, our soul, our breath
Thou art love divine, the awe
In our hearts that conquers death.
Thine the strength that nerves the arm,
Thine the beauty, thine the charm.
Every image made divine
In our temples is but thine.

Tvam Hi Durgaa
Dasha Prahara Nadhaarini
Kamala Kamaladala Viharini
Vani Vidhyadayini Namaami Tvam
Namaami Kamalaam,
Amalaam, Atulaam
Sujalaam Suphalaam Mataram
Vande Mataram

Thou art Durga, Lady and Queen,
With her hands that strike and her
swords of sheen,
Thou art Lakshmi lotus-throned,
And the Muse a hundred-toned,
Pure and perfect without peer,
Mother lend thine ear,
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
Bright with thy orchard gleams,
Dark of hue O candid-fair

Shyamalaam Saralaam
Susmitaam Bhuushitaam
Dharanim Bharanim
Mataram
Vande Mataram

In thy soul, with jeweled hair
And thy glorious smile divine,
Loveliest of all earthly lands,
Showering wealth from well-stored hands!
Mother, mother mine!
Mother sweet, I bow to thee,
Mother great and free!
The issue is not about the whole composition but the part accepted as the National Song! How ridiculous! Now point out the offending verses in the National Song version - not Sri Aurobindo's translation, for all you are worth, can you?
Stupid religious people trying to make hay out of this controversy.

Why they don't let 'em to sing Hindustan humara hai

Do you even know the words and meaning of Vande Mataram to make such a statement. Wiki gives a summary of the song and its inception according to Indian history. You may perhaps want to read that journal. I cannot vouch for its truth as I do not understand hindi. If the wiki thread is correct then the fatwa was unnecessary.

As for Thackeray and his quacks they need to go to lalaland :rofl:

Forget about Thackray. Just a normal question why this song which is more an invocation to Hindu goddesses should be made compulsory to be sung in schools????And please spare us of wiki its not an authentic source

jana and for all those with similar attitudes... don't open ur **** load of arguments.. keep it to urselves... we don't argue abt ur national songs or whatever is most important for ur nation or religion.... i guess everything starts and ends with ur religion.... which isn't acceptable at least in India.

Vande Mataram gained prominence during Independence struggle and that's what brought patriotism among indians.... By the way the national song doesn't refer to the entire vande mataram composition to raise worshipping issues...
Becoz it's considered as patriotic song.. obviously voices against it wud be taken with a pitch of salt not just in India but anywhere else from US to Australia and Russia to China... go get life :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

If the Govt of the day decides to make it compulsory, everyone HAS to follow it. If they, GoI, decide not to touch the issue, it will remain simmering giving much needed fodder to religious fundamentalist morons, they are morons anyway, as a reason to stay in active politics.
Vande Mataram is NOT a Hindu religious song per se. I dont know your source, but apparently they are as skewered as they can get! You, Ma'am, happy to say, are totally wrong!

Vande Mataram

Controversy or not, it depends on your interpretation, Vande Mataram is a beautiful poem and I do believe it should be given a better status.

The issue is not about the whole composition but the part accepted as the National Song! How ridiculous! Now point out the offending verses in the National Song version - not Sri Aurobindo's translation, for all you are worth, can you?

Muslims do not bow to hindu godess durga

you can come up with sugar coated translations but again why Indians are bent upon making this silly song as compulsory to be sung at schools

Vande Mataram

Vande Mataram was rejected on the grounds that Muslims, Christians, Parsis, Sikhs, Arya Samajis and others who opposed idol worship felt offended by its depiction of the nation as "Mother Durga"—a Hindu goddess.

Tvam Hi Durgaa
Dasha Prahara Nadhaarini
Kamala Kamaladala Viharini
Vani Vidhyadayini Namaami Tvam
Namaami Kamalaam,
Amalaam, Atulaam
Sujalaam Suphalaam Mataram
Vande Mataram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vande_Mataram

Last edited:
MORAL high handed approach of Pakistanis in such matters and teaching us how to be secular is so galling and to find the indians reply to such imbecility is even more pathetic. All they can do is direct us to a couple of Indian newspaper links of Gujarat, Orissa or Babur Masjid... Then spice it up with a couple of Sikh massacre links. Our history is marred with such blemishes.. They are dark spots.. the highlight being on the word Spots

I am waiting for the next Post saying, how thankful they are that Pakistan was created and a couple of Pakistani flags and Grey and Marul's lending chinese support.

All pats on the back and beers on the house..

Duhhh..

Then I guess every discussion on Pakistan should start with a Zaid Hamid Video.. and how Pakistani's generally are(equating him with the rest of the good pakistanis)

Sorry you can be angry at that but why you want to force Indian Muslims to accept deification of a nation which we Muslims consider as idolatry. And for heaven sake if Muslims do not accept deification of nation that does not mean that they are not patriotic to India.

Back
Top Bottom