What's new

A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan

There is big fukin difference between assembling and being a CAA approved manufacturer... their factory is in lahore.. near the Walton airport... and ask the guy how much bs hurdles he faced from the govt to get to this point.... There is a reason the company is being called the first private plane manufacturing company in Asia... and not an assembler... which people in Pakistan have being doing since decades... read the above post of mine again ... also i gave you a link to his FB profile... why dnt you ask him yourself?

There is no point trying to defend something stupid mate.

CAA approval means nothing, CAA is the civil aviation authority of Pakistan. They might have approval to manufacture aircraft, but the plane showcased by them is not manufactured by them thats for sure, its just a kit plane.

As for being the first in Asia, he never said that, he said first in middle east and south Asia. There are many companies in Japan, China, and South Korea that manufacture planes.

Coming to South Asia, this company is not the first in South Asia either. Indian companies like Raj Hamsa and Taneja Aerospace has been manufacturing planes for a long time. Raj Hamsa for example has been manufacturing planes since the 1980s! So much for the first in the Middle East and South Asia.

Here's list of manufacturers recognized by International Civil Aviation Organization( No Scaled aviation here).

http://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Manufacturers.aspx

There is no point trying to defend something stupid mate.

CAA approval means nothing, CAA is the civil aviation authority of Pakistan. They might have approval to manufacture aircraft, but the plane showcased by them is not manufactured by them thats for sure, its just a kit plane.

As for being the first in Asia, he never said that, he said first in middle east and south Asia. There are many companies in Japan, China, and South Korea that manufacture planes.

Coming to South Asia, this company is not the first in South Asia either. Indian companies like Raj Hamsa and Taneja Aerospace has been manufacturing planes for a long time. Raj Hamsa for example has been manufacturing planes since the 1980s! So much for the first in the Middle East and South Asia.

Here's list of manufacturers recognized by International Civil Aviation Organization( No Scaled aviation here).

http://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Manufacturers.aspx

Dude according to him its a "licensed production"...plane from the storm rally company,USA......And not "developed" as in "R&D" involved...by his company... etc..

A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan

2 hours ago

17917-aircraft-1372317063-489-640x480.jpg

Pakistan’s first indigenous aircraft manufactured by Scaled Aviation Industries. PHOTO: KHURRAM ZAFAR

“That, my friend, is the very first airplane made in Pakistan by a private aircraft manufacturer,” proudly stated my host pointing in the direction of the aircraft hanger behind me.

As I turned around with anticipation and saw an all composite two seat, three propeller aircraft, gleaming in the sunlight coming in through the hanger vents, a feeling of pride overwhelmed me. It was immediately followed by profound respect for my host entrepreneur and his long and inspiring journey from a dream to its realisation parked right in front of me in that hanger.

My host was Faisal Naveed Asif, CEO of Scaled Aviation Industries, whom I had met on the judges’ panel at a business plan competition in a local university just a few weeks ago. Before the event, when Faisal introduced himself as the CEO of the only private-sector, certified, aircraft manufacturer in the whole of Middle East and South Asia, I was immediately impressed and decided that I must know and tell this man’s story which is guaranteed to be inspirational for seasoned and budding entrepreneurs alike. I asked Faisal if I could come and visit his facilities and a couple weeks later he called and we agreed to meet at Scaled Aviation’s Walton Airport Royal Hanger.

Faisal is a soft spoken and down to earth individual. However, underneath that modesty, he hides a brilliant mind trained by years of work with the defence sector, especially the Air Force and excellent academic credentials. When giving me an overview of some of the innovative aspects of his manufacturing process, his eyes lit up like those of a father telling the story of his child’s achievements. I could tell that this man was truly proud of all the ingenuity around him, most of it, a product of his own brilliance.

aircraft2.jpg

Faisal’s journey started back in 2001 when he announced to his family that he is going to quit work in the defence sector and develop an indigenous aircraft in Pakistan. The initial reactions were not very encouraging. He recalls that one of his uncles quipped that he couldn’t produce a stable, four-legged chair in his furniture factory, let alone build an airplane. He also remembers his friends speculating that he has gone mad.

Furthermore, one of the first things Faisal realised after embarking upon this journey was that it’s littered with clearance requirements from numerous departments; the bureaucracy, the red tape, the security clearances, the No Objection Certificates (NOCs), the wild goose chases between departments and ministries. But none of that deterred Faisal.

The man, with the will of steel, persevered and managed to kick off his manufacturing operations in 2006. After about six years of bootstrapping the operations with his own capital and some debt financing, Faisal managed to produce the first air craft in 2012 that was ready for test flights. More importantly, his factory gained the capability of producing dozens of planes of varying capacities every year, making it a potentially viable business. The planes would cost less than many of the high end cars we see on the roads and were more fuel efficient than a standard four door Sedan!

Along the way though, Faisal had to make some compromises because two of the most sensitive parts of the aircraft – the engine and the instrument panel – could not be built in Pakistan because of the stringent laws, lack of economically viable manufacturing facilities and an absent partner ecosystem. He managed to import those parts, but after and among others, clearances from the US Department of State pursuant to Pakistan signing off on the Kerry-Lugar bill. That was a real shock for me!

He once again prevailed and obtained the necessary permissions for his aircraft to start logging airtime. Although this whole experience of getting run-arounds from the government departments and various agencies has left him bitter, he always manages to sneak in a satisfactory smile on his face when recalling his horror stories with the bureaucratic red tape. He proudly narrates the story in which he turned down the offer by an Arab prince to come and build his factory in the Middle East. He was offered anything he would want along with state citizenship, but he refused and chose to pursue his dream in Pakistan.

The day I met Faisal, he had scheduled a flight for his aircraft and was waiting for his pilot buddy to arrive. When it was all set to jet, I was offered a ride in it. Multiple thoughts crossed my mind before I responded to that offer. At first, I hesitated, thinking it is the first of its kind airplanes, the very first off the factory floor. Additionally being a software engineer by training got the best of me.

“What if this plane had bugs?” I asked myself,

“What if it went up and never came down?” I thought.

But then I was reminded of Faisal’s meticulous planning, his entrepreneurial zeal and determination to build a first class flying machine.

“This man wouldn’t take the slightest chance and won’t let anything shatter his dream,” a voice inside me reassured.

It was just a moment’s hesitation and then I said yes. As I flew over Lahore in Faisal’s two seat Storm Rally aircraft, the exhilarating feeling of flying in Pakistan’s first privately manufactured aircraft remained in the backdrop and I couldn’t help but stay in awe of Faisal’s spirit and feel proud to be associated with him by virtue of being a fellow Pakistani.

So there, muffled among the many screaming stories in the media about injustice, intolerance, terrorism, corruption, energy crisis and what not, breathe the whispers of ingenuity, inventiveness and excellence. The untold story of a shy entrepreneur from Quetta who dared to dream big, persevered and fought all odds stacked against him, and built Pakistan’s very own, indigenously manufactured aircraft!

I flew in it, and it was amazing!

Read more by Khurram here or follow him on Twitter @kayzafar

A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan – The Express Tribune Blog

156817_579250678759665_955438860_n.jpg

733962_579250398759693_1086307725_n.jpg

536943_579245578760175_1719827472_n.jpg

295503_573163102701756_1645473373_n.jpg

735206_572466906104709_1854241361_n.jpg

291711_572148352803231_1238166826_n.png

I can't believe I am looking at Pakistan's first indigenous aircraft. Perhaps this man who invented the aircraft can introduce modern technologies to it and eventually make Pakistan a proud nation.

@DESERT FIGHTER

Well,it might be manufactured,but that doesnt make them the first and only private aerospace company -There are larger companies like Mahindra Aerospace , Tata ,Taneja aerospace that manufacture airframes/components/complete aircraft ( like Indian SARAS ) Indian & foreign designs (of course I dropped the 'space' part,there are too many of them) 
@xyxmt

There are companies that do indigenour R&D in aerospace in Japan,Korea & Taiwan.

@DESERT FIGHTER

Well,it might be manufactured,but that doesnt make them the first and only private aerospace company -There are larger companies like Mahindra Aerospace , Tata ,Taneja aerospace that manufacture airframes/components/complete aircraft ( like Indian SARAS ) Indian & foreign designs (of course I dropped the 'space' part,there are too many of them) 
@xyxmt

There are companies that do indigenour R&D in aerospace in Japan,Korea & Taiwan.

Meri jaan.. tara,mahindra etc get alot of support from the indian govt... unlike companies in Pakistan... where corrupt officials put hurdles in their way instead of helping them...

Meri jaan.. tara,mahindra etc get alot of support from the indian govt... unlike companies in Pakistan... where corrupt officials put hurdles in their way instead of helping them...

Can you post the picture of this Plane's assembly line?

your govt did not help because they themselves have capability to assemble much superior planes and if needed they will manufacture themselves.
You seriously think if an Indian wants to assemble knocked down kit of anything, GoI is going to help? why?

Tata and mahindra are different story, they got govt in their pocket.

Its a good effort, and if it makes business sense there, then he will succeed.

Can you post the picture of this Plane's assembly line?

I dnt have them... but i can give you the link to their site and the guys FB address! (which last time i checked was under construction or upgrade)

Faisal Naveed Asif | Facebook

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&...u40irSl2bP2B-iM6TFCfFxA&bvm=bv.56643336,d.d2k

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&...PC1a9_CwHwX4XsFuZ6TylNA&bvm=bv.56643336,d.d2k

The article mentioning the whole story n manufacturing etc...:

A will made of steel and an aircraft made in Pakistan – The Express Tribune Blog

The person i think has also worked on govt ?(PAF) projects.. 
your govt did not help because they themselves have capability to assemble much superior planes and if needed they will manufacture themselves.
You seriously think if an Indian wants to assemble knocked down kit of anything, GoI is going to help? why?

Tata and mahindra are different story, they got govt in their pocket.

Its a good effort, and if it makes business sense there, then he will succeed.

Sir jee people have been assembling kits in Pakistan since decade... in the 90s some guys also experimented with an indigenous designs...

This company Scaled Aviations (Pvt) Ltd... manufactures the plane.... Its main factory is in Walton,Lahore...

I dnt have them... but i can give you the link to their site and the guys FB address! (which last time i checked was under construction or upgrade)

Faisal Naveed Asif | Facebook

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http://www.scaled.com.pk/&ei=Kr6IUobsLIHL0QX0noD4DQ&usg=AFQjCNEk1xMu40irSl2bP2B-iM6TFCfFxA&bvm=bv.56643336,d.d2k

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url=https://www.facebook.com/ScaledAviation&ei=Kr6IUobsLIHL0QX0noD4DQ&usg=AFQjCNGNOvsPC1a9_CwHwX4XsFuZ6TylNA&bvm=bv.56643336,d.d2k

The article mentioning the whole story n manufacturing etc...:

The person i think has also worked on govt ?(PAF) projects.. 

Sir jee people have been assembling kits in Pakistan since decade... in the 90s some guys also experimented with an indigenous designs...

This company Scaled Aviations (Pvt) Ltd... manufactures the plane.... Its main factory is in Walton,Lahore...

This guy didn't reply on queries relating to assembly lines & tooling jigs may he could replies to their Pakistani fellow.

This is South Asia dude, anyone can make fool south asian stupid journalist.
In Pakistan, Gyrocopter & water car

In India, andriod watch

This guy didn't reply on queries relating to assembly lines & tooling jigs may he could replies to their Pakistani fellow.

This is South Asia dude, anyone can make fool south asian stupid journalist.
In Pakistan, Gyrocopter & water car

In India, andriod watch

Huhhhh... gyro guy was some civil eng who was covered by the media.. because he invented something... the watercar guy.. again a "media trial" ... !

I wonder how this guy "fooled" the public and the CAA who approved him as an aircraft "manufacturer".

Huhhhh... gyro guy was some civil eng who was covered by the media.. because he invented something... the watercar guy.. again a "media trial" ... !

I wonder how this guy "fooled" the public and the CAA who approved him as an aircraft "manufacturer".

CAA is agency who certify safety of aircrafts & this aircraft OEM have not certified in Pakistan.
So, this guy import kit & assemble them & got certificate because these type of kit plane does not have certified from International agency like Jets.

So, CAA certificate is not symbol of local manufacturing.

CAA is agency who certify safety of aircrafts & this aircraft OEM have not certified in Pakistan.
So, this guy import kit & assemble them & got certificate because these type of kit plane does not have certified from International agency like Jets.

So, CAA certificate is not symbol of local manufacturing.

Sir go ahead and ask him.. or is it tht sitting in india you have more knowledge than some guy who actually interacted with the CEO of the company?

Still if you insist il try to visit his company whenever i get the chance (probably in a week or two)...

Sir go ahead and ask him.. or is it tht sitting in india you have more knowledge than some guy who actually interacted with the CEO of the company?

Still if you insist il try to visit his company whenever i get the chance (probably in a week or two)...

Kindly upload pictures of tooling jigs & assembly line , when you visit or ask him to upload on Facebook :tup:

I understand your point but I would rather trust your words who visits the place than a blogger(not news item) who seem to know the owner and might have written it to favour commercial interst.
I could not find any other news interest too. One would expect dawn or tribune to cover the story?
Secondly, their website is weird.

Back
Top Bottom