What's new

A Sino-Indo Gathering in Xiamen(Amoy) and About Navneet Bakshi

AndrewJin

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
During spring festival, an Indian marine engineer, Navneet Kumar Bakshi and his wife took a train from Nanjing of Jiangsu Province to Xiamen of Fujian Province. Some of his friends from all over China came to Xiamen and enjoyed this very rare Sino-Indo friendship given the complicated political conflicts.

A small self-introduction of Navneet, quoted from his own blog.

(Sulekha.com Member Profile page
Born at Amritsar in 1952,attended school at Simla and Engg. from PEC Chandigarh. Marine Engr. by profession. Sailed for 31 Yrs. Did shore based assignments at Singapore,Greece, America and Panama. Lived in China for 4 years, working in Ship building industry.I was deeply impressed by progress,order, cleanliness and beauty of China and I decided to tell the world about it. Sulekha's reach gave me a vast exposure.Today, I have hundreds of fans all across China. My blogs are translated in Chinese and read by thousands in China. One website 三泰虎 - 从这里了解印度人对中国的看法 has made a separate Tab for accessing my blogs. I have recently launched my website BLOG for providing a window for business and interaction with the Chinese.I write prose mostly in English and poetry in Hindi, English and Punjabi. I have published three books of Hindi poetry. A book in English “Memoirs of a Sailor” is ready. A Chinese publisher plans to publish a book based on my blogs by the next Chinese New Year.

Mr. Bakshi is the most open-minded Indian I have ever encountered. I guess it has something to do with his jobs around the world. He is also an authentic patriot as opposed to a conceited and ignorant ultra-nationalist. We have a friendly QQ chatting group (317761915) where Mr.Bakshi and his friends discuss about literally everything in a peaceful atmosphere. He has received tons of lettres, from tropical Hainan to subzero Harbin, which depict their life and their hometown. I myself emailed him my previous Yunnan adventures and he literarily beautified pale words of my own and made these travelogues into delicate essays.
Exploring Yunnan...........Part 3 | Sulekha Creative

Mr. and Mrs Bakshi arrived in Xiamen one day before New Year Eve of 2015. Mr.Xu, one of his followers and currently working in Xiamen, companied them and welcomed them in his family New Year Eve dinner. On the first day of lunar new year, I took a train from my hometown Wuhan to Xiamen and some traveled from the interior of China to this costal city. On the third day of Lunar January, all his friends in Xiamen had a huge gathering, making dumplings, exchanging ideas and having excursions.

In the following, I will try my utmost to record this gathering and also Mr.Xu's experiences during his 2-year job in Xiamen and mountainous regions in the interior of Fujian Province.

Last edited:
A map of Xiamen and the place where we gathered shown on it.
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 15.33.03.png

Chapter One, Exploring downtown Xiamen
20 February 2015

Xiamen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A lake in the very centre of Xiamen
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 12.36.09.png

Sidewalk by the Xiamen Bay
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 12.38.19.png

Pedestrian Street
p.s. Before I receive their consent, I will have to panda them.
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 12.50.55.png

Crazy queue for 3-RMB(0.48 US dollar) sweet peanut soup
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 12.37.44.png

Finally, enjoy sweet peanut soup
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 12.38.02.png

A dinner in a 1970-theme restaurant, downtown Xiamen
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 12.54.48.png

Last edited:
Thank u 4 posting. Your English is very good

Thank u 4 posting. Your English is very good
Thanks Man of Solitude. My reading is OK which is useful in my job but since I don't need to speak and listen, these two parts are abysmal I have to confess:cry:

You guys think you are fooling other with irrelevant symbolism? Yeah very endearing indeed. Now free Tibet!
I will never confront an Indian with Free Kashmir, Free Assam, Free Manipur, Free Sikkim, Free Tamil and so on.
I will not confront an Indian with Pls give 90% Indians who live in hell a well-off life.
When you tackle these problems and give lower caste and Dalit a life of decency, then try to confront others with similar issues.
Chronicles of the Return » Blog Archive » Reflections on India
btw, I will be more afraid if India has more reasonalbe people as Mr.Bakshi. And glad to see India is full of those like u, pls keep the majority of India ignorant.

Last edited:
Chapter Two, 包饺子啰!Making Dumplings
21 February 2015

We've got friends who took a 2-hour flight to Xiamen, who transferred three trains from Guizhou, who drove for several hours from Canton, who took a ferry from Kinmen, etc.
Xiamen gathering副本.png

Every one took part in.
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 15.07.36.png

Food was good, but the process of making food was even better
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 15.06.19.png

Apparently, some of them not so proficient:lol:
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 15.04.40.png

Let's make a toast for the friendship across the Himalayas
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 15.09.12.png

Last edited:
Wonderful pictures ! Such friendly interaction is exactly what's needed between Chinese and Indians to secure a bright future between these two beautiful and proud peoples. Warm regards to Mr and Mrs. Bakshi and the Chinese friends who traveled with them. :)

Chapter two, 包饺子啰!Making Dumplings
21 February 2015

We've got friends who took a 2-hour flight to Xiamen, who transferred three trains from Guizhou, who drove for several hours from Canton, who took a ferry from Kinmen, etc.
View attachment 197934

Every one took part in.
View attachment 197936

View attachment 197935

View attachment 197938

View attachment 197937

So many panda faces!!! hahaha. too cute. ;)

Wonderful pictures ! Such friendly interaction is exactly what's needed between Chinese and Indians to secure a bright future between these two beautiful and proud peoples. Warm regards to Mr and Mrs. Bakshi and the Chinese friends who traveled with them. :)

Wanna be a bamboo for them in your afterlife eh?

I meet with Indians everyday @AndrewJin. I have met with Sikh, Siam, Aborigines, and Portuguese. My neighbor was Indian.

Are they Christians?

Last edited:
Chapter two, 包饺子啰!Making Dumplings
21 February 2015

View attachment 197934

Every one took part in.
View attachment 197936

View attachment 197935

View attachment 197938

View attachment 197937
panda.:).
you've stolen my words, again!:mad:

You guys think you are fooling other with irrelevant symbolism? Yeah very endearing indeed. Now free Tibet!

You sounds just like a jihadist except you've been radicalized not by 17 virgins, but something deluded you as "freedom":rofl:

I meet with Indians everyday @AndrewJin. I have met with Sikh, Siam, Aborigines, and Portuguese. My neighbor was Indian.

Are they Christians?
No, they are Hindu, 100%

You sounds just like a jihadist except you've been radicalized not by 17 virgins, but something deluded you as "freedom":rofl:
Calm down and breathe. Very meaningless to go on posting back

oh no! i don't want to be eaten.... :argh::lol:
That's for the good of pandas, isn't it?

They seem to be northern Indians. In Malaysia, Indians are from the state of Kalinga. Hence the darker skin.

Are they Christians?
They are Indians first!! Religion comes later! :-)

I wish there is more interaction between Indians and our Chinese friends. My cousin is in the merchant navy and presently stationed in Zhoushan China. He has wonderful things to say about his Chinese friends especially whenever he goes to Shanghai which is pretty often.

This impression is a far cry from most of the Chinese keyboard warriors on PDF!! :cheesy:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom