What's new

A Rare Photo of F-16s arrival in Jan,1983

Najam Khan

Reaction score
This picture was taken after first ever arrival of F-16s in Pakistan.It shows Wng Cdr Shahid Latif Shaking hand with VCOAS A Rashid Shaikh.

Though i have added colors in some pictures earlier but this picture was very difficult,because the picture contains too much details in the background(there is a big crowd gathered to see first ever arrival of Fighting Falcons.Though it was nearly 3 pm when photo was taken but still the poor camera has not captured the image clearly,just look at the eyes of photographer standing in the left.)

A humble request for all viewers if you'll spare two minutes in watching detail then it will nearly pay the price of 20hrs taken to create it.Do compare both pictures from buttons,ranks,ribbon,eyes to the flag of F-6 in the background;)

Last but not the least,thanks to Sir X man for helping me out at final stage.

Original version

Colored Version

Last edited:
Amazin job bro, looks great.

Coupla little details tho - the white F-16 silhouette on the nose of the jet - it needs to be moved down slightly! :)
Also, the shadow on the neck of the guy holdin the helmet needs a little work - apart from that, the picture looks real. You cant tell it isnt the original :)

Najam one bit of correction here….IMO He is not Shahid Javed but Shahid Latif…Presently Vice Chief of PAF, Air Marshal Shahid Latif now…:enjoy:

Tail # 601 is an F-16B… I wonder who was the other pilot in the rear seat ??? Unless he ferried it solo!!

On a lighter note, next time Vice Chief checks some officer on hair cut, he should be shown this picture…:)

Once again, a great effort Najam…:cheers:

Amazin job bro, looks great.

Coupla little details tho - the white F-16 silhouette on the nose of the jet - it needs to be moved down slightly! :)
Also, the shadow on the neck of the guy holdin the helmet needs a little work - apart from that, the picture looks real. You cant tell it isnt the original :)

the white F-16 silhouette is not on the nosecone but is part of the PAF logo in the first pic.

Tail # 601 is an F-16B… I wonder who was the other pilot in the rear seat ??? Unless he ferried it solo!!

Thanks for the post sir....
I think Sir Murad can throw some light on it...as far as i know 6 pilots and 87 Engineers went to USA for initial training.

May be the sketch posted below is close to reality:azn: , as there were 4 F-16B and 2 F-16A arrived in the 1st batch.

Back
Top Bottom