What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

According to Haris Khan PDF PAF is buying 40 HighEnd Aircrafts very soon they not chines or Americans .PAF looking to used F16 via Jorden but these 40 r New and would be a third type .No J20 or J31 at this moment.
Could be JF-17 Dual seater....probably will come in kits...as far as su-35 or eurofighter is concerned, PAF cannot afford it...in terms of cost, maintenance and sanctions...

what pressure? where was that pressure when russia was selling s 400 to china? where was that pressure when russian was selling su 35 to china? putin dont give a damn about anything what i hear from my russian friends, so it can happen.
Russia sold the s300 to china not the s 400 check ur facts

The JAS-39 is a good choice and according to at least one source the air force did consider procuring some before opting for the Block-52 viper. Anyone knows why they didn't take it ?
Personally I'd like to see the Rafale being inducted into the air force, it's about time we receive new French aircraft.

The JAS-39 is a good choice and according to at least one source the air force did consider procuring some before opting for the Block-52 viper. Anyone knows why they didn't take it ?
Personally I'd like to see the Rafale being inducted into the air force, it's about time we receive new French aircraft.

India wants them, so I doubt we can go for them anytime soon. Besides, those French seem like they are trying to give India the worst deal imaginable.

JF-17 is somewhat close to JAS-39... so PAF is not going for that

@Jana Assassin
Just relax alright it's none of your business first of all go and care about your rafale deal let us and our air force handle this i am sure they can arrange funds for any aircraft they want to tu tension na le aur rahi baat f16's ki jin chezon ka pata ni hota usme chup rehna chaye ;)

The next fighter of PAF is going be a local construct.

Let us visit the landscape please: India is buying weapons from all major international producers bar China, of course.

They also are holding the candy dangiling of future purchases of €100 billion. Now, their strategy is to isolate Pakistan diplomatically, economically and of course militaritly. This is to engineer an internal collapse.

No one is going to sell major weapon systems to Pak when the Indians are buying from every side and tying them up in strategic agreements. Since, Pak has not much reserves to dangle at these weapon producers... their choice is obvious.

IMHO this is the best thing that happend to Pak in very long time. Crisis is opportunity. IMHO the Pak planner will sense it. By only acquiring used platforms in numbers and upgrading them... is giving them the strategic space to break free from dependence on others. Including China.

Apart from usal hot threats... essentially Indians have no strategic answer to Pak question. They can not start a war they know they will never win. Even if the madness pervails, who is much more to loose?

IMHO next PAF fighter will have more than 70% local content... this medium airframe will replace all F-16s and more. This on top of the local 'stealthis' fighter.

I don't know how to tag senior posters for their kind opinions. Can someone help here, please. Elderly!

best is to evolve the jf-17; get a better engine, more composites - this is just the start. focus on local innovation and R&D vs buying. If there is a will there is a way; look at us, it did not take long for us to completely remake the mirage into Cheetah or evolve the impala. Just after '94 the political will for not to have a large standing force disappeared.

You are quite right in everything you stated, dear sir. Also, do not forget Super Hind as well. Your two countries have history of collaboration. It will be mutually benefial to work on such projects. Joint industrial base of Pak & SA is greater than alone. Well, said, my friend.Don't know how to add your post to repond to it. Sorry.

You are quite right in everything you stated, dear sir. Also, do not forget Super Hind as well. Your two countries have history of collaboration. It will be mutually benefial to work on such projects. Joint industrial base of Pak & SA is greater than alone. Well, said, my friend.Don't know how to add your post to repond to it. Sorry.

You can reply to anyone just see the reply button at bottom left of post u wanna reply.....hit it if you want to reply

Much like a customized desktop rather than branded desktop, we can customize our all fighter jets with best possible goodies available on market to make them lethal and it can be done to mirages, F-7 PGs etc if it costs less as a stop gap till JF 17 develops into something at par with gripen, J 10c etc.

I don't know why Pakistanis don't invest in university students. Bring the brilliant minds in universities under supervision of competent scientist of say Krl, awc, PAC, HMC etc. Assign them task, give them technical support, equipment etc, guidance, funds, salaries at their very own universities with a promise of stake in financial benefits and then encourage them to make things happen. You are going to get a lot achieved in no time. Believe me. Regards.

Much like a customized desktop rather than branded desktop, we can customize our all fighter jets with best possible goodies available on market to make them lethal and it can be done to mirages, F-7 PGs etc if it costs less as a stop gap till JF 17 develops into something at par with gripen, J 10c etc.

I don't know why Pakistanis don't invest in university students. Bring the brilliant minds in universities under supervision of competent scientist of say Krl, awc, PAC, HMC etc. Assign them task, give them technical support, equipment etc, guidance, funds, salaries at their very own universities with a promise of stake in financial benefits and then encourage them to make things happen. You are going to get a lot achieved in no time. Believe me. Regards.
Absolutely well said. Again, i ask you to look at us. Even fuel in SA is synthetic - SASOL - when sanctions were in place, there was a danger our fuel supply would be compromised; SASOL was created in early 60s and tasked with converting coal to liquid fuels; if you come here, you will see every station fuel is a blend and a seperate station for pure synthetic.
R&D is an absolute must. We were pioneers and still are in many respects in radio communications - frequency hopping on hf was by us; on other side everyone never considered using it in tactical mode. Too many examples to give. Grad students were partnering with industrial research and everything had dual purpose - Toyota engines were used in Mambas - Casspir - unimog etc; it is the spirit of pioneership. It is a sad thing to see your country having good people who can succeed but roadblocks all the way.

Back
Top Bottom