What's new

A Look at Indian Army's Main Battle Tanks

That would be waaay beyond our means or capabilities. Even the USA can only afford to keep a division sized airborne unit, the 101rst air assault division.

You can't compare us with the US, because they are in a way different situation than we are. They need air transportability mainly in strategic regard, to transport their arms all over the world, we don't! They have no enemies at their borders, we have!

We need to be able to transport reenforcement by in a short time, from the south of India to the north for example and that includes heavy vehicles like tanks, IFVs or SPH. The fastest way to do this is air transport and wasn't that one of the prime reasons to go for the C17? Because it can lift even around 30t (if I remember correctly) to high altitude areas, at short airstrips?

As for the tanks, I am not sure if the topology of they North East is suited for tank warfare. The reason we are raising a MOUNTAIN STRIKE CORPS whose composition would be very different from an ordinary corps is because of that - they would be trained to fight mainly as small infantry units with a lot of artillery and helicopter mobility, but much fewer tanks, APCs or other ground vehicles. So other than these 350 odd T-90s, I don't think they have plans for a lighter tank. If they did, then they would not have ordered these T-90s at all. The hilly terrain of the north east is just not suited for tank warfare.

Check this:

http://indianarmy.nic.in/writereaddata/RFI/119/RFI for Light Tank.pdf

It has been some time since then, but the questions they asked for clearly shows that they want something lighter and smaller than T90s. Btw the order for T90s has nothing to do with mountain warfare like you said as well, but is an expected follow order of the licence production and might have more to do with the delays and limitations of Arjun in these areas.

Is tht why only 100 are to be produced and 1000 t-90s are to be purchased from russia?

Post a link... only 124 were ordered (to save face) and than 124 MK-2 were ordered... tht totals to 124 arjuns in service..... while arjun MK-II is under development... :tdown:

Simple.!!! F-22A is just 181, But F-35A/B/C is going to be 2500+ know why? our Arjun 248, T-90 1000+units may its be a Hi-Lo Profile in war..!

Post a link... only 124 were ordered (to save face) and than 124 MK-2 were ordered... tht totals to 124 arjuns in service..... while arjun MK-II is under development... :tdown:

So you actually think an army will waste almost $500 million just to save face?
Wow the level of trolling is going over the roof.....someone save u from my epic facepalm.

Press Information Bureau English Releases

Indian Army to procure 124 advanced version of Arjun MBT - Brahmand.com

ENJOY(FYI your link too answered your questionhttps://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CD8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.army-technology.com%2Fprojects%2Farjun-mbt%2F&ei=6B43UbmWD4XKtAaZj4CwCg&usg=AFQjCNEPUGFwfkUWugnNQgzoiMefGFIA0g&sig2=3k5oJX-sStS_0pkfql9YOw)

AK and AK-I are both superior to ur T-90 bhismas ... as for the under development Argun mk-II... we have the 1500 hp AK-II under development.

Proof?????????

So after all that ranting it(AK-II) is not ready, if u talk about under development stuff even Arjun Mk-2 is supposed to have a 1500HP engine, SO.......?:coffee:
Does the horsepower of an engine alone decide the worth of a tank?

So you actually think an army will waste almost $500 million just to save face?
Wow the level of trolling is going over the roof.....someone save u from my epic facepalm.

Press Information Bureau English Releases

Indian Army to procure 124 advanced version of Arjun MBT - Brahmand.com

ENJOY(FYI your link too answered your questionhttps://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CD8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.army-technology.com%2Fprojects%2Farjun-mbt%2F&ei=6B43UbmWD4XKtAaZj4CwCg&usg=AFQjCNEPUGFwfkUWugnNQgzoiMefGFIA0g&sig2=3k5oJX-sStS_0pkfql9YOw)

Proof?????????

So after all that ranting it(AK-II) is not ready, if u talk about under development stuff even Arjun Mk-2 is supposed to have a 1500HP engine, SO.......?:coffee:
Does the horsepower of an engine alone decide the worth of a tank?

What they mean is that it(AK-II) will be pulled by 1500 HORSES.

What they mean is that it(AK-II) will be pulled by 1500 HORSES.

1 HP means energy which we can obtain by a Horse. That is equal to 766 joules.

1500HP means, engine will generate power which is equal to the power which is generated by 1500 hoerse.

Son... should i embrass u with the specs of both tanks or would ur "HIGHness" do it urself?

What specs?? There has never been any useful comparison of both tanks so far AFAIK. If you have one show it, and some "assessments" made by some forum posters are not useful. Besides, the AK has never see combat yet.

well he is right on one thing every thing that india makes indegenously is getting drawbacks and heavy delays May be they should have not thought of inventing/turning muslim foods with a Hindu twist Like Veg haleem and Veg Kofta if they would have followed the recipe and ate it and thanked god for it they would have been more successfull Like Your Neighbours that are making French souflay (agosta 90b) JFT(chicken lomein) alkhalid(Chicken Chowfun(flatnoodles) and countless others from turkey and other nations

they didnt try to convert it to VEg like how you do with Kebabs regular ones are turned into VEG

now in NYC they are even making VEG GYRo bhai Loggoon Khuch to khawf karoo

I find it amusig that pakistanis view their state of affairs as a narration of indian events. AK 2 is now just getting ERA . We HAD it long time ago. Check this out though, speaks volumes of AK

Al_zarrar_226_91166_cbb495d0deb2bd2.jpg

They don't even have anything to call an achievement and brag like foolish children.

Looting your resources??? I thought you people were from Arabistan or Central Asia and just because your breeding rate is higher how has it become your resources?

Hey SOB stay on topic or do you want me to tell you that your country is the second largest breeding ground on this whole damn planet and still growing at the rate. 1.5% every year. I dont need to tell you what is 1.5% of 1.3 billion people.

A guy with 10,746 posts.... thanked 10189 times... vs an indian idiot with 2122 posts and 468 thanks and a troll post for a comment... again id say:
21rox.jpg

And yet you troll like a 10 year old Beiber fan.
This is the first time I'm seeing someone brag about the amount of his posts and thanks, LMAO.

BTW since we are all trolling the Svir anti-tank missiles are no match for the LAHAT that Arjun uses.

I find it amusig that pakistanis view their state of affairs as a narration of indian events. AK 2 is now just getting ERA . We HAD it long time ago. Check this out though, speaks volumes of AK

Even Al Zarrar has ERA.
[QUOTE
Al_zarrar_226_91166_cbb495d0deb2bd2.jpg

They don't even have anything to call an achievement and brag like foolish children.[/QUOTE]

Thts a Al Zarrar tht was hit by several RPGs and landmines and yet the crew survived... thts how good tht baby is.

BTW since we are all trolling the Svir anti-tank missiles are no match for the LAHAT that Arjun uses.

Pakistan also uses 9M119M Refleks in both T-80UD and AK.

Also where r my other posts?

well he is right on one thing every thing that india makes indegenously is getting drawbacks and heavy delays May be they should have not thought of inventing/turning muslim foods with a Hindu twist Like Veg haleem and Veg Kofta if they would have followed the recipe and ate it and thanked god for it they would have been more successfull Like Your Neighbours that are making French souflay (agosta 90b) JFT(chicken lomein) alkhalid(Chicken Chowfun(flatnoodles) and countless others from turkey and other nations

they didnt try to convert it to VEg like how you do with Kebabs regular ones are turned into VEG

now in NYC they are even making VEG GYRo bhai Loggoon Khuch to khawf karoo

People low on mary jane, please note this guy, he seems to be smoking the good stuff, he'll know how to hook y'all up

Back
Top Bottom