What's new

A full mock up of Chinese J20 located at US Marine Corps Landing Field Bogue

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A full mock up of Chinese J20 located at US Marine Corps Landing Field Bogue, NC United States

upload_2020-7-19_1-5-6.png

upload_2020-7-19_1-9-18.png

What the heck are they doing with the mock-up?

Took a good look at the base seems like they are studying it's stealth characteristics. Lot of Radars also present at the airbase.

If they built to scale then isnt it more likely a target for training? Especially considering they went to the effort of painting PLA markings on it

If they built to scale then isnt it more likely a target for training? Especially considering they went to the effort of painting PLA markings on it
Americans have certainly placed a lot of effort in this. Nope it is not a target for training seems like more of a study effort.

The Chinese have rattled the Americans to the core. It is China 24/7.

Would not make any sense for the US to construct just one of these full scale models for training ...

It is big; equal to the size of the real thing.

Would not make any sense for the US to construct just one of these full scale models for training ...

Perhaps for identification or target practice. If it was for analysis then why would they bother to paint it?

In 2017 the Chinese had an exercise where they tested an American format mil vs Chinese format mil. A part of the exercise requires recon units to fully assess the situation in due time for ops prep. It's a common part of mil exercises. That's why you see such things and this seems to be a US counterpart of that exercise.
What the heck are they doing with the mock-up?

If it was for targets then this mock up should be at Marine Corps Air Station New River. but the mock up is at Bogue and this facility is known for being used to conduct study.

The jet is painted cause a lot of stealth features come RAM paint.

When was the satelite image taken? I thought only the J-20 prototypes from several years ago had this black coating with a visible red PLA roundel on the wings.

When was the satelite image taken? I thought only the J-20 prototypes from several years ago had this black coating with a visible red PLA roundel on the wings.
Image is a year old from march 2019. I don't think this mock up can fly, In my opinion US is hoisting it in air using some helicopter but I have not found any evidence of that. If this mock up could fly then USA has put in a lot of effort. Still there are many things USA would require to know to conduct a full stealth study & I don't think USA has that info. So my assessment is USA is just conducting study of the stealth feature if J20 shape.

Back
Top Bottom