What's new

A Female Student Denied Admission Due To Face Veil In GC University Lahore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this properly. Why does this girl want to go to a co-ed institution if extreme modesty is her preference? Why did she put herself in a room with a bunch of men when there are dozens of female uni's around?

Its a classic example of having your cake and eating it.

My problem with her type is that they want see the world, learn from the efforts of others, walk in the footsteps of better minds - but she is not willing to give any of herself to it. It's like turning up to madrassa wearing a balaclava, learning everything i need anonymously and then leaving. Its a most selfish attitude.

Only very few Muslims will enter jannah. Only one sect out of 73 will enter paradise. Its been already said. Most of Muslims are too lazy to read the scriptures for themselves. So they blindly follow what their deviant Mullah or their peers.

I did drugs. I drank alcohol.I used to smoke. I slept with prostitutes. I used to shave daily. I never fasted during ramdaan. But then I realized my mistakes and I changed myself.

The choice is upto us. Hell isn't a lovely place, my friend.

Friend, you've just gone from one extreme to the other - can't you see that?

I just read this properly. Why does this girl want to go to a co-ed institution if extreme modesty is her preference? Why did she put herself in a room with a bunch of men when there are dozens of female uni's around?

Its a classic example of having your cake and eating it.

My problem with her type is that they want see the world, learn from the efforts of others, walk in the footsteps of better minds - but she is not willing to give any of herself to it. It's like turning up to madrassa wearing a balaclava, learning everything i need anonymously and then leaving. Its a most selfish attitude.

Friend, you've just gone from one extreme to the other - can't you see that?
Are you calling 'Islam' extreme?

You are 100% right. The title could be as follows:

A Female Student Denied Admission Due To Face Veil In GC University Lahore.

There was no need to mention as Muslim Student because up to 90% female Muslims in Pakistan are so far free of this bidat بدعت (introduction of new things in Islam) Alhamdulillah.

@WebMaster @waz @Irfan Baloch

I did just that.

That's not the point here.
Veil is her right.
Don't try to start a stupid debate on whether veil is compulsory or not.

School dress is school right (until the school-dress is not against Constitution).

In one ruling Indian Judiciary said "By not wearing Burka in school you will not loose your religion. Instead of bringing such non-sense to court, the Girl should focus on study"

It is lawful to wear the veil or unlawful. It is unlawful to reject the candidate for her lawful act.

No Islam is not extreme, people are extreme. Your interpretation of Islam is extreme. You already called 2 people on here murtads.
What's you're interpretation? The sufi one. Are you a follower of those opium smoking and wine drinking sufi babas who chased every skirt they came across.

Real Islam isn't what they show in Bollywood movies.

see this is precisely the problem with conservatives, they just can't stand PoV of anyone else but themselves. im a liberal, and i dont mind women who wear veils because the whole point of liberalism is freedom to wear what you want and do as you want w/o breaking law. the problem here was that, as you may or may not know, while conducting an interview observation of body language and eye movements is an essential part, as well as identification of whether or not said person is actually said person (remember lal masjid, mullah aziz?). so the management's request to ask the interviewee was entirely legit. but of course, everyone just wants an opportunity to blame it on the liberals, amiright?
wow way to play the victim card sir,if i wore any hats each and every one of them would be off to you...btw there are tonnes of institutions from military to big commercial companies, from hospitals to universities that employ interviews in one form or another as an induction process but there hasn't been a single event such like this. why can't you admit that there can be something else behind this situation ???
P.S: just because i don't see eye to eye with you on a matter where religious prejudice "May or MAY NOT" be at work, you label me a conservative?? why do you hyper-liberals get to be so aggressive??

May need to control that for region though as the burqa is much more common in Pakhtunkhwa and parts of Balochistan.
how exactly should we control it?

the common sense of the clearly known progressives.

besides, @Jf Thunder has already mentioned the example of fatima jinnah.
im awesome, Khala @Akhelios, pls you cant beat my argument pls

Yes, I have serious issue with covering face. It is because there is no such thing as face covering in the Islam that was brought to us by the prophet Mohammed (PBUH). Nowhere in Quran, neither in surah al-Noor nor in surah al-Ahzab there is any mention of face covering. The proponent of face covering bring Hadith in support of this and any Hadith that does not jibe with orders in Quran automatically gets nullified. Arabic is very rich language and if Allah wanted Muslim women to cover their faces, he could have clearly mentioned that in Quran but this is not the case. Such things are called bidat (بدعت), practices that are introduced in Islam at later point of time and the Prophet (PBUH) has professed that those who would introduce new things in Islam will end up in the hell.

This reminds me of Allama Iqbal who said:

View attachment 246682

Many of my students are Malay Muslim girls who cover their heads with scarves and that is totally acceptable for me. However, they are not allowed to wear local dress called 'baju kurung' that is composed of very loose tunic and loose skirt. I require them to wear trouser and shirt and of-course they will wear lab coats while in the lab. This is done for their own protection for loose clothes can get entangled with lab instruments and result in harm both to the person and to the instrument. Face covering using face masks in not necessary in HIV lab because HIV does not transmit through air. However, during the handling of virus -infected cells, we cover our entire face with a face-shield so that our eyes and mouth are protected from accidental splashes.
can you translate the poetry to english pls?

Yes, I have serious issue with covering face. It is because there is no such thing as face covering in the Islam that was brought to us by the prophet Mohammed (PBUH). Nowhere in Quran, neither in surah al-Noor nor in surah al-Ahzab there is any mention of face covering. The proponent of face covering bring Hadith in support of this and any Hadith that does not jibe with orders in Quran automatically gets nullified. Arabic is very rich language and if Allah wanted Muslim women to cover their faces, he could have clearly mentioned that in Quran but this is not the case. Such things are called bidat (بدعت), practices that are introduced in Islam at later point of time and the Prophet (PBUH) has professed that those who would introduce new things in Islam will end up in the hell.

This reminds me of Allama Iqbal who said:

View attachment 246682

Many of my students are Malay Muslim girls who cover their heads with scarves and that is totally acceptable for me. However, they are not allowed to wear local dress called 'baju kurung' that is composed of very loose tunic and loose skirt. I require them to wear trouser and shirt and of-course they will wear lab coats while in the lab. This is done for their own protection for loose clothes can get entangled with lab instruments and result in harm both to the person and to the instrument. Face covering using face masks in not necessary in HIV lab because HIV does not transmit through air. However, during the handling of virus -infected cells, we cover our entire face with a face-shield so that our eyes and mouth are protected from accidental splashes.
Ohooooooo

U didnt get when i wrote ,'i think u hav issue with face veil,i read u said earlier u have no issue with burqa'

I was saying u only have issue with face veil not burqa. And its not face veil that wud look like sack(as u used the word sack earlier) its burqa and that too depends on the kind of burqa one is wearing. Not all burqas are sack like, iduno but i have seen some shirt like burqas.

Its just that wht i was saying. As i said they were some thoughts that crossed my mind and i shared. Nothing else. I wasnt saying in patronizing manner that 'u have issue with face veil'. I know u dont like it.

As of face veil thing i think its personal choice. And if unis and other places have such code where one cant wear then it is one thing otherwise i see no point in criticizing someone for that. Ther lives their choices.

The interview is part of the selection process, if it's a competitive institution then interviewers are looking for any reason to reject the candidate. If you're going to preach at an interview then you deserve what comes to you.

Hi,

I don't think they need to----. As an interviewee---you need to show some adaptability within reason rather than confrontation----. The problem is with the Pakistani premadonnas----. They believe that every thing is cast in stone----and life does not work that way.
In west she can sue and get compensated. Birmingham met college had to reverse the decision within days due to outcry.
Birmingham college reverses decision to ban Muslim face veils after protests | World news | The Guardian

In any case they did not have to say 'people like you go to other unis'. They could have just taken interview and rejected her. There are anti discrimination laws just for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom