A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife
57474aba8a84f.jpg
Old dudes say the darndest things, don't they?

Yesterday the Council of Islamic Ideology -- a body comprising elderly religious men -- made waves when its proposed ‘model’ women’s protection bill saw the light of day.

The CII's bill is a response to the Women's Protection Bill passed in the Punjab Assembly last year which, among other things, outlines punishment for those who commit domestic violence. The council clearly felt several clauses in the above bill could be made more perfect.

How so, you might ask? According to CII logic: reverse them.

That is how we arrived at the point where the CII's 'ideal' protection for women equals encouraging men to beat their wives. 'Lightly,' of course. And 'if needed.'

The bill left us scratching our heads. How, we wondered, could 'lightly beating' your wife be considered a good thing? Several hours and a dozen headaches later we gave up trying to mind meld with the CII.

Instead, to anyone who might be compelled to 'lightly beat' a woman, we offer alternatives. Because wife beating is bad. It is a crime, in fact. Here, have a go at this instead.
CnwAN9JY5Dl1m.gif

2) The end of a ketchup bottle
This too is permissible. All the better to enjoy your samosa with.
qBs04S9G7xRMA.gif

3) Particularly frozen ice trays
Now, bear in mind this is only possible if you have not previously expressed a moral or religious objection to keeping a refrigerator in the house.
or9A23yMOUDVS.gif

4) A dirty carpet
Actually, you can 'lightly beat' that carpet even if it's clean. Cool with us.
ev62VEViNdtVm.gif

5) Crumbs from your bed
That late night snack is a secret between you and bed. Get rid of the evidence.
5747e2d0dfe1d562359556.gif

JGqCanenUVJ1S.gif

7) A remote control
Remotes can be cruel, petty creatures. They turn on you when you need them most, like when you need to quickly flip the TV channel to pretend you weren't watching Mathira's latest dance number. It's ok to 'lightly beat' your malfunctioning remote.
AZIFCOgM4gIaA.gif

8) It
As seen in the Micheal Jackson classic.

Sing along with me as you shake those hips! Beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it...
BM986q3Q9QLgQ.gif

9) Yourself
Important: do this every time you think 'lightly beating' women is a thing.
xT5LMzIK1AdZJ4cYW4.gif

http://images.dawn.com/news/1175434/
@django @The Sandman @Moonlight @Hell hound @Shamain @Spring Onion @Musafir117 @Ray_of_Hope

@Zibago -- I've reported this thread ... as it will do nothing to promote a civil discussion and will only lead to endless fighting.

That combined with the fact, that you are flat out joking about a religious scripture and the hadiths which is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned ...

Last edited:
@Zibago -- I've reported this thread ... as it will do nothing to promote a civil discussion and will only lead to endless fighting.

That combined with the fact, that you are flat out joking about a religious scriptures and the hadiths which is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned ...

Have a sense of humour.

Have a sense of humour.

Excuse me but as a muslim, I DON'T have a sense of humor about my religious scripture ... thats the way it is ...

I would understand a serious discussion regarding the topic because it is indeed a very serious topic needing serious discussion --- I'd understand a debate regarding the topic with both sides of the argument weigh in their respectful take on it and would have no problems with it ..... but when you go out and make insults and jokes about what people hold sacred ... thats not a path that a sane respectful person should take ... which is my contention ...

Last edited:
@pak-marine PDF is supposidely a place where most liberal minded Pakistanis visit yet you see support just imagine how much support they have in backward areas

That combined with the fact, that you are flat out joking about a religious scripture and the hadiths which is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned ...
Making fun of a misogynist suggestion is ok in my book i dont think wife beating should be legal nor should there be a ban on baby formulas

to all the muslim members here . you are committing a sin in ignorance in hatred of that mulvi. i gave reference of two quranic verses in another post . one of surah nisa verse 34 and other of surah sa'd verse 44. read before jump to conclusion . so far i am feeling sad over the pathetic knowledge of most of the muslims . i dont have the time to go into details. read yourself.

IMHO, wife management shouldn't even be in religious scriptures. I think those religious big wigs got too much time in their hands and too distracted in their mind. They should really focus and be busy worrying about their own afterlife.

do religious scriptures and hadiths encourage "lightly beating" your wife?
No

apparently, according to that person, they do
First off, don't put words in other people's mouths ... secondly,I've posted a 20 odd minute video by a religious scholar who explains the verse that touches the subject matter, and I've posted it again below. I've posted a thread with a whole lecture by the same scholar in this section and your welcome there as well ...

https://defence.pk/threads/domestic-violence-a-comprehensive-lecture-by-n-a-khan.432447/

Lastly, my contention remains that you should not in your ignorance go about insulting a religious scripture simply because you don't agree with the interpretation CII has come with ... Like I've said before, an open debate where all the sides (both religious and liberal/progressive) come together and discuss the matter in depth should be the way forward ...

Last edited:
@pak-marine PDF is supposidely a place where most liberal minded Pakistanis visit yet you see support just imagine how much support they have in backward areas

Making fun of a misogynist suggestion is ok in my book i dont think wife beating should be legal nor should there be a ban on baby formulas

This thread of yours is nothing more than an attempt at trolling and making fun of Islam over someone else's ill-informed suggestions, there is no such thing as wife beating in Islam it was the way that religious leader presented this argument because of his lack of knowledge not grounded on Islamic theology that resulted to this problem in the first place, it would have been better to ignore his remarks or clarify this position or have a discussion in a respected manner, rather than create more threads in an attempt to turn Islam as a laughing stock towards non-Muslims and to cause more fitna, besides religious discussions are not allowed on this forum so such threads which are nothing more than an attempt to ridicule Islam and to cause more hatred towards one another should not be allowed as well.

@Horus @WAJsal @Icarus

to all the muslim members here . you are committing a sin in ignorance in hatred of that mulvi. i gave reference of two quranic verses in another post . one of surah nisa verse 34 and other of surah sa'd verse 44. read before jump to conclusion . so far i am feeling sad over the pathetic knowledge of most of the muslims . i dont have the time to go into details. read yourself.

Relax man, it's just a joke. Besides, no need to fret. His opinion wont change yours.

This thread of yours is nothing more than an attempt at trolling and making fun of Islam over someone else's ill-informed suggestions, there is no such thing as wife beating in Islam it was the way that religious leader presented this argument because of his lack of knowledge not grounded on Islamic theology that resulted to this problem in the first place, it would have been better to ignore his remarks or clarify this position or have a discussion in a respected manner, rather than create more threads in an attempt to turn Islam as a laughing stock towards non-Muslims and to cause more fitna, besides religious discussions are not allowed on this forum so such threads which are nothing more than an attempt to ridicule Islam and to cause more hatred towards one another should not be allowed as well.

@Horus @WAJsal @Icarus
Making fun of a decision of an advisory board is not making fun of religion or religious scriptures
I havent even discussed religion here pata nahi kiyon sarey itney over reacting

Back
Top Bottom