What's new

A comprehensive list of things you can 'lightly beat' other than your wife

Nawaz put up Akhter Shirani what else one could expect any thing reasonable from the followers of Saudi Sharia which has nothing to do with Islam but to keep a hold on to Kingdom.

The wife beating communal mullahs have no real shame left in them...

Nawaz put up Akhter Shirani what else one could expect any thing reasonable from the followers of Saudi Sharia which has nothing to do with Islam but to keep a hold on to Kingdom.

People may come up with an argument that it's mentioned in Quran but they had no idea that it's been explained by Hazrat Ali Karam AllaHu Wajahu that which approx says that what is allowed to do is not harsh then a Miswak "pillu" strike it's not even a slap allowed but a Miswak which is soft and max 10 inch long how this could hurt one ?? I believe it's just for an intimation to stop her from something she's doing which is not good.

1094790-cartoon-1464368119-898-640x480.JPG

Well like I said, I'd need proof of your narrative. Now I won't go out and say that domestic violence doesn't happen because statistical proof is present there. Heck statistical proof for reverse gender violence is also there. However when it comes to the narrative that you build up ... one would have to break it down in two little steps ...

So first off women are more prone to generate higher divorce rates, the assertion seems very consistent with the data we have plus the international data across different countries hence we see a consistency here.

But the second part where "domestic violence is the cause" has no basis in fact. Like I said I'm sure there are many marriages that do end because of that. But to imply that the majority of the marriages end because of such and such ... well unless there isn't any statistical proof or even qualitative proof ... I'm not buying it... especially considering the stats of falsifying abuse especially sexual abuse. Heck even if I take the very link that you quoted the headline reads ..

"Pakistani women are slowly turning to divorce to escape abusive and loveless marriages, once taboo and still a dangerous option in this strict Muslim nation even as more women become empowered by rising employment and awareness of their rights."

It is followed up by two incidents of women, no statistics, no research framework nothing to support the causality that you suggested in your post ... anyways ... have a nice day

Have some shame ....how can support people who encourage wife beating ? Do you support your sister to be beaten by your brother in law ? Religions are relics of the past..the rules written in them reflect the thinking of people of that particular era and of that particular place..in this case of Arab tribes of 6th century..pakistan has much more advanced civilisation even before advent of Islam..I don't think people of ancient pakistan believed in wife beating.

You should have some shame yourself because what your alleging wasn't my position to begin with.I'm not encouraging anyone to commit violence, heck even in Islam the whole "wife beating" is talked about in very specific contexts and you can learn more about that from the videos that have been posted in this thread and others.

My position in this argument was ----- to not post threads that directly or indirectly make fun of what we as muslims hold sacred, heck I'd take offense to people posting offensive things about any other religion. A civil discussion is fine and well ... but I think that one shouldn't take lightly the ideaology which serves as the moral compass of more than a billion people in the world. Thats just my honest opinion

Now how the heck do you relate that to me encouraging wife beating ... I don't know ...

is there any specification about size of miswak.. you might not use the same size that you use to brush your teeth... if this is as big as the cane my teacher used to beat us, it will hurt. One of my friend used to wear two layers of clothes, just in case... :)

Miswak means the one which you use to brush your teeth not the other one which you are assuming. Otherwise it becomes a stick and not miswak. While there is only mention of only miswak which means the one i posted

Do you really think people will stop at beating with just. Meswak once they are given permission to beat their wives ? It is not just about beating with meswak or tamarind seed but it is about promoting violence against women and giving authority to a man over a woman..neither husband nor wife should have any authority over each other..their journey should be with proper understanding and compromises..not through violent power over one another.

They are already beating their wives whether you permit them or not simple as that. The violence against women is going all around the world.

Lost it at this one :rofl:.

At-topic:
If a law is to be passed on "beating of spouses" (I am against this law, and in no way support it) then another law is to be passed on of presenting the limits of it, as @Spring Onion has said:

Hence forth any sort of physical abuse beyond this, should not be tolerated, and ruthless action taken against the perpetrator.

Though personally if any one even touched me, even with a "miswak" it's clobbering time.
GiuqKMb.jpg

No such law is going to be passed. There are elements who play their role to divert attention from real issues of the country and i feel such episodes are part of it.

BTW anyone even going to touch me is going to see if not all atleast his backbone and the one without bone broken off and cut off

Miswak means the one which you use to brush your teeth not the other one which you are assuming. Otherwise it becomes a stick and not miswak. While there is only mention of only miswak which means the one i posted

They are already beating their wives whether you permit them or not simple as that. The violence against women is going all around the world.

No such law is going to be passed. There are elements who play their role to divert attention from real issues of the country and i feel such episodes are part of it.

BTW anyone even going to touch me is going to see if not all atleast his backbone and the one without bone broken off and cut off
ok.. fair enough.. it feels so wrong though.. if I was woman I wont like it... but am sure many women would like to be 'corrected' and 'admonished' by their husband.. as long as she does not complain, I got no issues. :)

CatsMeOuch_Shudder.gif

Russian way respect wife...

Indian traditions teach day one domestic terrorism ...lolz

Angry dulha ...getting frustrated...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom