What's new

99.99% of the world is wajib-ul-qatal for insulting the Prophet

I am still trying to understand what did he say that caused such a reaction? The law was indeed misused. Do you disagree?

Liberals/seculars are Muslims too. Can't they give their viewpoint? Islam is not the property of anyone.

What do you expect from a Govt who doesn't stop people from issuing fatwas every now on then? Only in our country, people inciting on murder can get away with this.

giving an opinion and mocking are two different things, Mr Taseer was representing the viewpoint of those who want to totally abolish blasphemy law. After this, the question shouldn't be asked as to what caused such reaction. i believe, when one openly mocks and play with the religious feelings of the vast majority without the gov. intervening, one should be ready for severe reaction.

The misuse of law has nothing to do with abolishing the law. hang those corrupt police officers, people or judges who are a part of misuse, i have no problems!

When the government of Pakistan will start believing in the rule of law and govern Pakistan according to it's constitution which totally guarantees the application of Islamic law, nobody will feel issuing any isolated fatwa.

i agree with you, Islam is not a personal property of anyone, anyone can give his views provided it doesn't provoke the religious feelings and it's the Religious authorities i.e Scholars who will decide whose viewpoint is from Quran & Sunnah.

40,000 is nothing.

Jalib was being sarcastic, but I think his phrase puts it best "10 carore yeh Gadhay".

i believe, they were way more than 40k.

his phrase has zero value, he and his types should come out of the imaginary world and lead a movement and try to make it atleast 40k, i mean 40k is nothing.....:smokin:

btw,
next stop is Lahore, 30th Jan 2011. :tup:

giving an opinion and mocking are two different things, Mr Taseer was representing the viewpoint of those who want to totally abolish blasphemy law. After this, the question shouldn't be asked as to what caused such reaction. i believe, when one openly mocks and play with the religious feelings of the vast majority without the gov. intervening, one should be ready for severe reaction.

The misuse of law has nothing to do with abolishing the law. hang those corrupt police officers, people or judges who are a part of misuse, i have no problems!

When the government of Pakistan will start believing in the rule of law and govern Pakistan according to it's constitution which totally guarantees the application of Islamic law, nobody will feel issuing any isolated fatwa.

i agree with you, Islam is not a personal property of anyone, anyone can give his views provided it doesn't provoke the religious feelings and it's the Religious authorities i.e Scholars who will decide whose viewpoint is from Quran & Sunnah.

He was against the law but he didn't mock it. He wanted ammendments not the abolishment of the law.

Read his remarks about the law.
Taseer?s remarks about blasphemy law – The Express Tribune

his phrase has zero value, he and his types should come out of the imaginary world and lead a movement and try to make it atleast 40k, i mean 40k is nothing.....:smokin:

btw,

Oh man Govt has already clarified that they are not even ammending the law. Need of the hour is to sit down and to come out with a solution that is acceptable to all people.

But i think people like you are not interested. So carry on. Noone will stop you from your pious mission.

btw,
The difference being we don't suicide bomb your demonstrations where as you always have a jacket or two handy to blow yourselves up.

Oh man Govt has already clarified that they are not even ammending the law. Need of the hour is to sit down and to come out with a solution that is acceptable to all people.

But i think people like you are not interested. So carry on. Noone will stop you from your pious mission.
I got a better idea, piss these guys off even more. By doing these sort of demonstrations they are only looking like jackasses and I'm quite hopeful that jackasses would lose their support in Pakistan.

take back the bill presented by Sherry Rehman and abolish the committee lead by non-muslim (shahbaz bhatti)

these are very simple demands.

as regard misusing the law~ this only goes on to show the incompetence of our administrative/judicial process, nobody stops the government to take corrective measures in this regard. No law should be misused!

I got a better idea, piss these guys off even more. By doing these sort of demonstrations they are only looking like jackasses and I'm quite hopeful that jackasses would lose their support in Pakistan.

Frankly it has become amusing now. Demonstrations are character building stuff so once in a while this exercise is good for our youth.

I mean what else JUI and its madrassah educated supporters can do? They can't sit in the parliament and that's the only way they could feel special. These people are unable to understand that religious parties are using this issue for their political motives.

take back the bill presented by Sherry Rehman and abolish the committee lead by non-muslim (shahbaz bhatti)

these are very simple demands.

as regard misusing the law~ this only goes on to show the incompetence of our administrative/judicial process, nobody stops the government to take corrective measures in this regard. No law should be misused!

Without ammending the law, how will you stop it's misuse? Can you suggest any alternative?

The difference being we don't suicide bomb your demonstrations where as you always have a jacket or two handy to blow yourselves up.

my brother,
this is like running away from the challenges. We all have to die one day, just prove your worth/strength!

Without ammending the law, how will you stop it's misuse? Can you suggest any alternative?

Shahbaz Bhatti is Non Muslim? Looks like a Muslim from name.

When our gov. will employ corrupt people in administration, the laws are bound to be misused.

take corrective measures regarding investigation process, the law has nothing to do with it.

when the liberals single out blasphemy law for misuse, this only gives the perception that their intentions aren't pure.

btw,
you should be aware that liberals/seculars demand withdrawing of death penalty for the blasphemer.

Back
Top Bottom