What's new

7 Ways Pakistanis Like To Eat Mangoes

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

By now, we must all be enjoying the delicious mango season. Trying different recipes, and simply devouring this beautiful fruit! To be honest, we love this fruit in any form. These are some of the FUN ways Pakistanis like to enjoy the goodness of this fruit:

1. Mango Shake

Who doesn’t love a chilled glass of beverage on a hot summer day? Made with fresh mangoes, milk and ice; this shake is all that you want coming back home from school, college or work!

2. Mango with paratha

Paratha and mango? Yeah, so the combo sounds weird, but you have to give this a try at least once before you run out of mangoes. Serve it with a chilled glass of sweet lassi <3

3. Mango and milk

Hungry? Mango chunks dipped in cold milk is the perfect snack! Have it during any time of the day! A healthy choice as well.

4. Mango lassi

Don’t feel like having the ordinary lassi? Well throw in some chunks of mangoes and try this heavenly lassi with a twist! Trust me, you will LOVE it!!

5. Mango and cream

If you have unexpected guests coming over, this is the easiest, the quickest dessert to make! Cream, sugar and mangoes is all that you need! Simple right?

6. Mango pulp with poori

Mash up a mango in a bowl, and serve it with hot deep-fried poori’s or crispy parathas. The perfect choice for dinner! This combo is heavenly!

7. Mango with rice

Having second thoughts? Well, me too. Mango with rice is a very common dish. Yes, it is, not only in Pakistan but Thailand and India as well! Trying something new causes no harm

How do you like to eat mangoes? Are there any specific dishes? We would love to know! Happy eating!!!

oh the mango war has not started this year....
Indian mangoes are obviously better :)

mango with rice/puri? yukk .. only gujjus eat like that probably

I also live in pakistan and other than eating mango with a paratha,mango shake or mango lassi i dont know and never heard about about the other four .
OP where did you get that info ?I guess from some indian website

I like mango shake/juice.
Sometime mango Lussi.

233938011_0_640x640.jpg

Screen+Shot+2013-07-22+at+10.39.47+AM.png

By now, we must all be enjoying the delicious mango season. Trying different recipes, and simply devouring this beautiful fruit! To be honest, we love this fruit in any form. These are some of the FUN ways Pakistanis like to enjoy the goodness of this fruit:

1. Mango Shake

Who doesn’t love a chilled glass of beverage on a hot summer day? Made with fresh mangoes, milk and ice; this shake is all that you want coming back home from school, college or work!

2. Mango with paratha

Paratha and mango? Yeah, so the combo sounds weird, but you have to give this a try at least once before you run out of mangoes. Serve it with a chilled glass of sweet lassi <3

3. Mango and milk

Hungry? Mango chunks dipped in cold milk is the perfect snack! Have it during any time of the day! A healthy choice as well.

4. Mango lassi

Don’t feel like having the ordinary lassi? Well throw in some chunks of mangoes and try this heavenly lassi with a twist! Trust me, you will LOVE it!!

5. Mango and cream

If you have unexpected guests coming over, this is the easiest, the quickest dessert to make! Cream, sugar and mangoes is all that you need! Simple right?

6. Mango pulp with poori

Mash up a mango in a bowl, and serve it with hot deep-fried poori’s or crispy parathas. The perfect choice for dinner! This combo is heavenly!

7. Mango with rice

Having second thoughts? Well, me too. Mango with rice is a very common dish. Yes, it is, not only in Pakistan but Thailand and India as well! Trying something new causes no harm

How do you like to eat mangoes? Are there any specific dishes? We would love to know! Happy eating!!!

You forget about the "PUNJABI WAY" .i.e; Mango with kachi Lassi....... :smitten:

Kachi Lassi کچی لسّی

Kachi Lassi is a very effective drink in summer. Its recipe is very simple but benefits are many. It is used to neutralize the heat of liver and bladder. It is also effective in burning of urine. It is widely used after eating mangoes and bitter gourd bhujia.

کچی لسّی جگراور مثانے کی گرمی دور کرتی ھے اور پیشاب کی جلن میں افاقہ پہنچاتی ھے۔ اسے عموماً آم اور کریلے کی سبزی کےساتھ پیا جاتا ھے۔

tbnPBoJ9Hs_thRx6Eh5EPZyvpsM48C0ktpkG4SJtRQGvyL2FLCT0fXZQwvX6srb-NmNB6xPYMKoym6j4jbr3XR4Ba4dSE4PfBy74r3PR5VECHgCBAfrPhki8yAi89J31wU7vG1PLtihylnEkV18cJ_3P=s0-d

Kachi Lassi کچی لسَی

Ingredients:

• Milk chilled 1 glass
  • Chilled Water 1 glass
  • Salt 1-2 teaspoon

Procedure:

• Add milk and salt to chilled water and mix well.
  • Delicious Kachi Lassi is ready to serve after Mangoes or with Bitter gourd bhujia or any food lunch or dinner.

My roommate is Punjabi. so " i " normally perform such experiments with food items . :D
Just wear shorts, put the mango slices in some big dishes ( actually we have some dedicated:D plastic tubs for that), make jugs of kachi lassi and ataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

( caution: you must not be alone, otherwise can't enjoy)

Just wear shorts, put the mango slices in some big dishes ( actually we have some dedicated:D plastic tubs for that), make jugs of kachi lassi and ataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

( caution: you must not be alone, otherwise can't enjoy)

Actually that's what hostelized people do. and i am one of them. :D

Back
Top Bottom