What's new

7 from JK crack IAS

ashokdeiva

Reaction score
Rising Kashmir News
Srinagar, May 04: Seven youth from Jammu Kashmir figured in the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) list of Civil Services 2011-12 examinations, results of which were declared Friday.

Syed Abid Rasheed Shah figures in the list ranked 23rd while Syed Sehrish Asgar is the first Muslim woman from Jammu division to crack the list.
This is for the third year running that youth from Jammu and Kashmir figured prominently in the UPSC list.
Last year five candidates from Jammu and Kashmir had cracked the IAS while two years back Shah Faesal topped the UPSC list while three others also made the cut.
Syed Abid and Muhammad Aijaz Farazi with rank 268 have made it to the Indian Administrative Services, Syed Sehrish Asgar with rank 118 and Manazir Jeelani with rank 451 qualify for the Indian Police Services while Inam ul Haq with rank 280, Bashir Ahmed Bhat with rank 434 and Qazi Muhammad Salman Ibrahim with rank 459 qualify for Indian Revenue Services.
Talking to Rising Kashmir, Dr. Syed Abid said Kashmiri youth should not let conflict in the region become a deterrent toward excellence.
“Conflict has chiseled us just like an ordinary stone becomes a diamond under extreme pressure,” said Abid over phone from Hyderabad.
Quoting the famous Urdu poet and philosopher, Allama Iqbal, Abid said: “Nahin hai na umeed Iqbal apni kisht-e-veraan sey; Zara nam ho to yeh mitti buhat zarkhez ha saqi.”
Abid, who hails from Bagat Barzulla, said despite turbulence, even sky was not the limit for Kashmiris.
Last year, Abid qualified the Indian Police Services from Jammu and Kashmir cadre after cracking the KAS.
Presently, he was training at National Peace Academy, Hyderabad.
“We lack awareness and resources, and need guides and role models,” he said. “Kashmiris are one of the most intelligent races.”
Abid, who graduated in medicine from Acharaya Shrichander College of Medical Sciences (ASCOMS), Jammu, said he was able to crack the IAS because of his desire for doing something for his people.
“When you want to help your people, God comes to your help,” he said. “Besides, you should have self-belief and never get bogged down by failures.”
Dr. Syed Sehrish Asgar, who had topped the Kashmir Administrative Services, and became the first Muslim woman from Jammu division to crack the IAS, said her selection would throw open the floodgates for other women from Jammu and Kashmir.
Sehrish, who had Sociology and Urdu as subjects for her IAS exam, said not many women from Jammu and Kashmir had qualified the exam but now more female folk would be encouraged to look for careers in the civil services.
Sehrish, who is ranked 118th in the IAS list, said aspirants from Jammu and Kashmir have more challenges to face because of the lack of amenities, absence of proper coaching centers and conflict situation in the region.
“Conflict has had effect on academics and academic sessions and exams get delayed,” she said. “In Jammu and Kashmir, everything is subservient to peace.”
Sehrish said aspirants from other states don’t have to undergo such stress.
Her father, Syed Asgar Ali, a Member of Legislative Council of opposition Peoples Democratic Party and a former bureaucrat, said her daughter would serve as a beckon of light for other women of Jammu and Kashmir.
Aijaz Farazi, who hails from Dharana village, 5 km from Line of Control (LoC) in Mendhar, Poonch, said cracking the IAS was “a dream come true” for him.
“It’s a great feeling,” he said over phone from Nagpur. “I didn’t attend any coaching center and studied on my own.”
After doing his B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, Aijaz worked in a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) for one and a half year following which he cracked the KAS exam.
He is currently Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax undergoing training at Nagpur, Maharashtra.
Dr. Manazir Jeelani Samoon, another medical science graduate, said he was dreaming of qualifying IAS for the past 15 years.
“Thank God, I qualified in my first attempt,” he said.
Manazir had also qualified MBBS entrance in the first attempt and chose to intern from New Delhi instead of Kashmir so that he could attend a coaching center for preparing for the IAS exam.
“I always wanted to be in public services and work for the welfare of my people,” he said over phone from New Delhi. “Now, being in civil services, it is my moral responsibility to help my people.”
Manazir, who had Public Administration and Medical Sciences as subjects for the IAS exam, said he was not on any social networking site like Facebook, Twitter or MySpace and preferred to spend that time in studies.
Manazir’s father Dr. Jeelani Samoon, who is the Head of the Department Clinical Hematology at SKIMS, Soura, told Rising Kashmir that he was excited on seeing his son make the cut.
Jeelani said he was skeptic about Manazir making the cut because of his focus on both the internship and IAS preparations.
“But Manazir proved me wrong,” he said.
Shah Faesal, who topped the IAS 2010, said Kashmiris making the cut frequently speaks of the changing times.
“It is an indication of the growing competence and a change of attitude,” he said.
Faesal, who became a role model for many Kashmiri youth after topping the IAS in 2010, was humble in saying he was no one’s role model.
“Everyone has his own role model,” he said. “I’m nobody.”
Faesal had also a word of advice for those who did not make the cut.
“No one needs to feel disheartened,” he said. “This is not the end of the road for them.”
A total of 910 candidates – 715 male and 195 female – were selected for appointments to various central services like the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
While the first two positions have been taken by female candidates, the top 25 candidates include 19 male (including 01 visually challenged candidate) and 6 female candidates. In the top 100 candidates, there are 21 female candidates.
The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2011 was conducted on June 12. As many as 4,72,290 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 2,43,003 wrote the test.
According to a release by the Department of Personnel and Training, 11,984 candidates were declared qualified for the main written examination held in October-November, 2011 out of which 2,417 candidates were selected for the personality test conducted in March-April, 2012.

7 from JK crack IAS

It is really happy to see Kashmir developing and accepting it place as a INDIAN STATE.
Long live the youth movement and empowerment of people with EDUCATION.

Back
Top Bottom