What's new

5th july, black day in Pakistan's history

haan, the darkest day in the history of Pakistan when he toppled an elected Govt. but I have my reservations over it for certain reasons:

1) are we calling it darkest day because he overthrew an elected govt? - well what about 12 Oct 1999? that wasn't the darkest day?

2) are we calling it darkest day because he enforced the martial law? - was it done first time ?

3) are we calling it darkest day just because he was ZIA , for whose mistake we are paying for today? - what about bhutto and Yahya? we lost East pakistan

4) are we calling it darkest day because ZIA was a military dictator? - what about Bhutto? he was Civil MA

We need to stop mixing our personal hatred with the country

who really gives a crap about our law? its a freaking joke, i'll take a military dictator any day over corrupt evil civilian drunk bastards, who do kabza on peoples land ,business and so on.
ppp is a curse to our country, just look what bhuttos daughter did to our country and his son in law later on.

besides musharraf general zia was the best.

how did he bleed pakistan?

Do you have any idea about Qabza Group of DHA?

ایک سیاہ دن
پاکستان کی سیاسی ، سماجی اور ثقافتی تاریخ کو دو حصوں میں تقسیم کیا جا سکتا ہے -ایک تاریخ وہ جو 15 اگست 1947 کو شروع ہوئی اور 5 جولائی 1977 کو ختم ہو گئی اور ایک وہ جو اسکے بعد شروع ہوئی اور تا دم تحریر جاری ہے -5 جولائی سے پہلے اس ملک میں لبرل ازم بھی تھا مذھبی رواداری بھی تھی اور معاشرے میں باہم احترام کا رشتہ بھی موجود تھا - مسجدیں بھی تھیں اور کلب بھی- ملک کے طول و عرض میں سنیما موجود تھے جوعام آدمی کو سستی تفریح فراہم کرتے تھے - رمضان میں ہوٹل بھی کھلتے تھے اور روزہ دار روزے بھی رکھتے تھے -نصاب کی کتابوں میں نہ نفرت اور تشدد کو ترویج دی جاتی تھی اور نہ PIA کے طیاروں میں مسافروں کو زبردستی تلاوت سنائی جاتی تھی - خواتین برقعوں میں بھی نظر آتی تھیں اور سلیولسس قمیضوں میں بھی -ہر چھوٹے بڑے شہر میں غیر ملکی سیاح آزادانہ گھومتے نظر آتے تھے - نہ محرم پہ کسی کو کوئی خطرہ ہوتا تھا نہ عیدمیلادنبی پہ اور نہ ہی ان کالعدم اور غیر کالعدم تنظیموں کا کوئی وجود تھا - نہ معصوم شہریوں کو محض عقیدے کی بنیاد پہ تشدد کا نشانہ بنایا جاتا تھا اورنہ کسی خود کش بمبار کا تصور موجود تھا -الغرض معاشرہ تنوع اور ہم آہنگی کا ایک نمونہ تھا -اور پھر آج کے دن یعنی 5 جولائی 1977 کو ایک منتخب حکومت کا تختہ الٹ کر ایک فوجی آمر نے اس ملک پہ زبر دستی قبضہ کر لیا - اور پھر کچھ ہی عرصے میں بدوی عربوں کے زیر اثر یہاں وہابی اسلام کا پرچار شروع کر دیاگیا -تمام دنیا کے دہشت گردوں کو پاکستان لا کرافغانستان میں دہشت گردی کرنے کی تربیت دی جانے لگی- اربوں ڈالر امریکا سے لیے گۓ جو جرنیلوں نے آپس میں بانٹ لیے - اس دوران کلاشنکوف اور ہیروئن کے کلچر کو بے پناہ بڑھاوا اور سرکاری سرپرستی ملی -وہ فوج اور انٹلیجنس ادارے جو پاکستان کے دفاع پہ معمور تھے اب جہاد فی سبیل الله پہ لگ گۓ -معاشرے میں انتہا پسندی اپنی انتہا کو پہنچی اور رواداری اور برداشت کا کلچر تمام ہوا -
وہ غلاظت جسے ضیاء الحق نے اس ملک میں پروان چڑھایا تھا اسکے اثرات اس ملک اور خطے میں تو بھرپور طور پہ نظر آے اسکا تعفن یورپ امریکہ سے لیکر جنوب مشرقی ایشیا تک محسوس کیا جانے لگا -اور آج پاکستان کا کیا image ہے اس کا اندازہ اس بات سے لگا لیں کہ کل جو صحافی وزیراعظم کے چین کے دورے کی coverage کے سلسلے میں " پہاڑوں سے اونچی اور سمندروں سے گہری دوستی" سےبیجنگ ائیرپورٹ پر دوچار ہوے تو سب پاکستانی صحافیوں کو ایک طرف کھڑا کر دیا گیا -ان کے پاسپورٹ شناختی کارڈ اور دعوت نامے چیک کرنے کے بعد جسم کے تمام حصوں کی تلاشی لی گئی جبکہ کسی اورملک کا پاسپورٹ رکھنے والے سے ایسا سلوک نہیں کیا گیا -
اس ایک واقعے سے اندازہ لگا لیں کہ ایک دوست ملک میں پاکستانیوں کو کس نظر سے دیکھا جا رہا ہے- کاش ہماری آج کی سیاسی ،سماجی اور ثقافتی تاریخ اسی تاریخ کا تسلسل ہوتی جو پانچ جولائی 1977 سے پہلے تھی -کاش ہم بھی ایک باوقار ملک کے باوقار شہری ہوتے -وسیم الطاف

Corruption, incompetency, lack of leadership, failing of institutions, killing, blasts, religious intolerance, cheating the public, lies .... 'what you sow so shall you reap'.

Zia Ul Haq was a cruel dictator and an evil Islamist. He was the one responsible for Bhutto's hanging but we should remember another general who was the cause of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto's rise. Yes I am talking about Ayub Khan under whom Bhutto served as foreign minister of Pakistan in the 60's.

So basically everyone who is blaming the army was himself born under the wing of the army.

haan, the darkest day in the history of Pakistan when he toppled an elected Govt. but I have my reservations over it for certain reasons:

1) are we calling it darkest day because he overthrew an elected govt? - well what about 12 Oct 1999? that wasn't the darkest day?

2) are we calling it darkest day because he enforced the martial law? - was it done first time ?

3) are we calling it darkest day just because he was ZIA , for whose mistake we are paying for today? - what about bhutto and Yahya? we lost East pakistan

4) are we calling it darkest day because ZIA was a military dictator? - what about Bhutto? he was Civil MA

We need to stop mixing our personal hatred with the country

dumbo questions that you have asked yourself. I had a similar thread for mushy too.

all these military goons should be pulled out of their graves and be hanged, well with the exception of Zia :D

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...0-3-november-black-day-pakistans-history.html

tumhara kya kam hai us se??????

state media at zia time . other all he shut down :tdown:

vp%2012%20may-%202011.jpg

Ye Harmonium kaun baja raha hai.

dumbo questions that you have asked yourself. I had a similar thread for mushy too.

all these military goons should be pulled out of their graves and be hanged, well with the exception of Zia :D

http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...0-3-november-black-day-pakistans-history.html
and yet you did not answer even single of these questions....where they too hard to answer?
You declared 5th July 1977 as darkest day in the history of Pakistan and I just asked you to consider other dates too.
As i said , is it your personal hatred towards Zia? or the Military dictatorship? or you have something for Martial Law.

We need to stop living in the past and move on - learn from mistake. Calling 5th July or 3 nov or 12 Oct as darkest day will just remind you of the past. Rather than moaning about what happened on this date, we should be talking about how to rectify those mistakes, how can we change things, what wrong did they do and what should we do, you do not repeat those mistakes.

If ZIA invited your Mullahs in the country than remind me if anyone has bothered kicking them out till today? Zia is in his grave and he is being questioned for his deeds....you and I should be worried about ours

and yet you did not answer even single of these questions....where they too hard to answer?
You declared 5th July 1977 as darkest day in the history of Pakistan and I just asked you to consider other dates too.
As i said , is it your personal hatred towards Zia? or the Military dictatorship? or you have something for Martial Law.

We need to stop living in the past and move on - learn from mistake. Calling 5th July or 3 nov or 12 Oct as darkest day will just remind you of the past. Rather than moaning about what happened on this date, we should be talking about how to rectify those mistakes, how can we change things, what wrong did they do and what should we do, you do not repeat those mistakes.

If ZIA invited your Mullahs in the country than remind me if anyone has bothered kicking them out till today? Zia is in his grave and he is being questioned for his deeds....you and I should be worried about ours

I think he wanted to link Zia with Nawaz - give him some time will ya :P

Well, I am not sure what happened within Pakistan but yes, Zia did put Pakistan on the International map and made it recognized at least VERY WELL IN THE MUSLIM WORLD....

Now if that was a mistake, then we atleast have some chapters where our nation was not frowned upon nor was our passport looked at with suspicion!

Now whatever happened, happened AFTER his death...which is still some what a mystery like J.F.Kenedy...

We will never know if extremism would have been tolerated were he alive longer...Though he started making Islam a matter of interest, it was also modulated

now THAT OTHERS who came after him did not moderate should NOT TECHNICALLY be Zia's fault...

My opinion only I was out of Pakistan in 1988 and our passport was RESPECTED like people do to American and British passports....

And the Pakistan economy was VERY good...We were roughly at our peak...

He was a good leader because he started many projects and made sure Pak was recognized ....Now if people after him did not look after what he started and let it get out of hand....Why blame him?

Well, I am not sure what happened within Pakistan but yes, Zia did put Pakistan on the International map and made it recognized at least VERY WELL IN THE MUSLIM WORLD....

Now if that was a mistake, then we atleast have some chapters where our nation was not frowned upon nor was our passport looked at with suspicion!

Now whatever happened, happened AFTER his death...which is still some what a mystery like J.F.Kenedy...

We will never know if extremism would have been tolerated were he alive longer...Though he started making Islam a matter of interest, it was also modulated now WHAT OTHERS who came after him did not moderate should NOT TECHNICALLY be Zia's fault...

My opinion only I was out of Pakistan in 1988 and our passport was RESPECTED like people do to American and British passports....

And the Pakistan economy was VERY good...We were roughly at our peak...

He was a good leader because he started many projects and made sure Pak was recognized ....Now if people after him did not look after what he started and let it get out of hand....Why blame him?

Madam that might have happened in your heydays but I don't remember any of that because when Zia was in power my Mom was still a teenager & my Dad had just started his MBBS ! :undecided:

So don't talk to us about your 'times' - Granny ! :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom