What's new

50 commercial entities being run by armed forces

So probably you shouldn't waste your time with me as I often don't waste mine with you
1-Probably you should read the term management control, consolidation and subsidary
2-Askari Bank comes under AWT not FF :)

I told you buddy to not come with stupid kind of answers. But you didn't listen, hope you can read now.

http://www.nation.com.pk/business/19-Jan-2012/fauji-foundation-to-acquire-askari-bank-s-100pc-shares

If you had checked the website of Fauji Foundation and under Businesses looked at Associated Concerns you would have found Askrai Bank.

So i told you not to waste ones time first read, understand and then come here for discussion.

And as for your advice of reading some of these terms, i know them well as I am in Banking industry and this is what i look at. Even if they have 51% share and management control, the other shareholders are having their share of profits and are OK with whomever is running the company.

I told you buddy to not come with stupid kind of answers. But you didn't listen, hope you can read now.

http://www.nation.com.pk/business/19-Jan-2012/fauji-foundation-to-acquire-askari-bank-s-100pc-shares

If you had checked the website of Fauji Foundation and under Businesses looked at Associated Concerns you would have found Askrai Bank.

So i told you not to waste ones time first read, understand and then come here for discussion.

And as for your advice of reading some of these terms, i know them well as I am in Banking industry and this is what i look at. Even if they have 51% share and management control, the other shareholders are having their share of profits and are OK with whomever is running the company.
Is there a list of all the companies.... Its better than explain all seperately

They forgot Askari Bank, Foundation Securities, Askari securities, Mari petroleum and non corporate marriage halls. The list extends beyond 100 easily.

:lol: Yes the biggest political influence that is usually called up by the congress and grilled viciously.
Yes, but they make the final decision. Plus, Pakistani PM involve in all types of leaks and corruption . Then they have right to secure their side. Also, US has zero tolerance when address national accountability , what we have ......nothing. Just give you little clue, Nawaz Shareef one private local helicopter journey cost minimum app 11000 US dollars to Qomi Khazana. Because, all these private companies charge in dollars. He doesn t own private plane or helo.

Last edited:
Corporate !
catchy professional word, but lot of ????? what are the core strength or sector it focuses on? Whats the corporate's motto? how are profits managed? board of directors? .........etc

creating jobs in Pakistan
Good intentions, but military should focus on its charter . If they start running companies they will become only good in that. Their core competency is to defend and fight. Any dilution will affect entire organization. Now a days even military has specialized units for counter-terrorism so that their main fighting strength does not get diluted. Once big money is involved corruption cannot be far behind.

Is there a list of all the companies.... Its better than explain all seperately

Study their websites, they have listed all the companies, and many are which we haven't ever heard but they are there. These organizations are now in general public domain due to their investments in private sector thus their ops and financial position is open to everyone.

I am surprised to see so many anti military people here...after the military has done so much for civilians...

Study their websites, they have listed all the companies, and many are which we haven't ever heard but they are there. These organizations are now in general public domain due to their investments in private sector thus their ops and financial position is open to everyone.
dOES ANYONE OF THEM HAVE active army personnel in them ?

See the Committee of Administration, you will see people with Uniforms...
But underneath their title is written retd. I am confused
I get it now. regardless, are they in anyway barred from carrying out activities that too which is in interest of retd personnel and civilians in absence of any such program by incompetent govt

Where? Can you point out any free education programs for the children of soldiers who die in the line of fire or serve at meager wages as security guards if they retire.
I'd love to know about the example of a program offering free education to the children of these soldiers, thanks.

What's wrong with you? Children of soldiers who die in the Line of Fire are eligible for free secondary education, and depending on their grades are eligible for funding for University. We have an Engineer at my Office, his father died during the 71 war, all of his education expenses were paid by the Army all the way up to UET. Soldiers who are serving or retired, their children are eligible for education at high subsidized rates. By subsidized rates, i mean paying 500 Rupees per month for high quality education.

Zaneesh, we all know you are a very big fan of PML-N so any arguing with you is ones wastage of time and also wastage of ones intellectual capability. Askari Bank comes under Fauji Foundation so does Foundation Securities & Mari Gas. And Mari Gas is 51% owned by FF & rest 49% by the very govt of Pakistan which is currently ruled by your party.

Rather it would be good that instead of wasting others time you yourself study the websites of these organizations which are open about what they are doing & what they own and to how much extent.

http://www.awt.com.pk/home

http://www.fauji.org.pk/fauji/

And don't come up with stupid kind of comments bcoz if you did i will directly through your out. Study first and them come here and argue with facts and findings.

Same advice for others too who are looking for Armed Forces bashing only.

I agree, no point in arguing with this guy. In another thread, he was debating how corruption and loot maar is good for the country. When you have a haram khor mentality like that, what good can you expect from a person of this caliber. Most likely an SHO, Custom Inspector or something like this.

dOES ANYONE OF THEM HAVE active army personnel in them ?

Nops. AWT & FF have no active / uniformed person on its payroll. And they are not all staffed by retired personnel also. Majority are civilians who have been employed.

Committee of Administration is there just to make the big decisions, but they are not paid or other benefits by FF bestowed upon them. Its their job which comes with the designation they hold.

They mostly make the big investment decisions after cases are put forward to them and select the board of directors, who then run the day to day affairs.

Last edited:
Where? Can you point out any free education programs for the children of soldiers who die in the line of fire or serve at meager wages as security guards if they retire.
I'd love to know about the example of a program offering free education to the children of these soldiers, thanks.

I did my SSC from fauji foundation school. My class was full of students who either had their fathers martyred in line of duty of got disabled. Fauji foundation was providing them free education even their books and uniform was paid by fauji foundation. I myself was entitled to 50% reductionin fee but i rejected it bcz it didnt suite my circumstances. Just bcz yu saw someone on TV and he told everyone about their sad story then that doesn't mean they dont get all the pension and benefits from these organisations. My own uncle had cancer and i dont need to tell you how much expensive that treatment can get and he got that all free from fauji foundation. I can keep going on example as you are clearly ignorant so you wont accept the truth even i write a book and give it to you.

By the way Pakistan army doesnt retire its soldiers if they get injured but merely are given desk jobs. My own grandfather who served in airforce developed Asthma so he spent rest of his commission on a desk job. Most young people you will see quit their commission in army of their own free will.

Last edited:
Nops. AWT & FF have no active / uniformed person on its payroll. And they are not all staffed by retired personnel also. Majority are civilians who have been employed.
Thank you very much for clarifying it. So having said that, these retrd people are effectively ciclians now arent they ?

Then I wonder why the incompetent govt is claiming that these are being run by Armed forces ?
Trying to defame them as always, perhaps

Back
Top Bottom