What's new

50 commercial entities being run by armed forces

I am not a beneficiary.

Facts on army run ventures
1. Sick units were purchased and revived.
2. All units enjoy same benefits as other industries and no special concessions.
3. Helps rehabilitate retired personnel. Note that retired personnel does not mean they have crossed superannuation age. Many people retire below the age of 45.
4. It also provides job opportunity to non armed forces personnel.
5. contributing to economy
6. Profits are not for any individual gets reinvested in new ventures.

Anything wrong with it.
nothing sir ...................... PakFoJ Zindabad

Army should focus on defense and if they want to trade than should focus on defense equipment and technologies and not on common trade

Atleast they are self funding welfare projects for soldiers. Can govt. afford to fund billions of those welfare projects for armed forces? You know the answer. :disagree:
Hi all these projects are some how funded thru National Chequ payers (Credit goes to military to utilize this in effective way) but these entities have funding or support from Annual share
we are ex-military and are being regularly benifited by this ............... we are getting utilities at half the price and half of their consumers are civilians .................... massive respect for our Military ......
That is true all utilities are almost 60-70 % top lesser than civilians .
Great to see that at least our military progressed during all the times when Pakistan failed due to so called democracy.
You might review your statment ,out of sheer 70 years or so half of the time Millitary was in control and rest of the time Millitary has been calling the shorts from behind also one has to see all politicians are result of Millitary nurseries ,Bhutto ,Altaf Hussain ,Nawaz Sharif now latest Imran Khan .
These 50 deliver much better than 5000000... Govt entities..
Primary work of any Millitary is on borders not corporations ,Yes they are doing well but let me point out few examples that how business world works ,Engro Chemical VS Fauji Fertilizer (Both Fertilizer Co) only difference FFC gets gas quota Engro doesnt interms of efficiencies ENgro is far a head

They are paying taxes, creating jobs in Pakistan, contributing to our national economy and in some cases, bringing in Dollars!! I would take it over the mills in Jeddah and flats in London or Dubai ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
The government is desperate for a way out and are just provoking the army one way or another! Desperate for someone to step is so they can play that victim card again. NOT THIS TIME SAHIB!

The people for whom welfare, these highly profitable organizations are being run, are still making their ends meet by finding jobs as security guards. Where this money is going, nobody knows.

Most of them are situated on lands used by military. For example, Bahria complexes are situated on Navy's land whose original purpose is operational, not commercial.
That money goes to free education, health covers and even to employ people who are retired. My faimly is with Military background and i know how our life would have been hell without the free health insurance and education. My father although was civilian but my grand father was wing commander in his time but still he barely lives on pension being provided by fauji foundation and airforce. Instead of pointing finger and believing propoganda try to do a bit of reasearch as each organisation has a website nowadays to show its activities.

Very good hope 50 more included I think armed forces should invest in steel mills or buy it under army it do wonders for both country and military

military begging corrupt govt for its expenses ?. PMLn has much vengeance to bring PA on its knees.

That money goes to free education, health covers and even to employ people who are retired. My faimly is with Military background and i know how our life would have been hell without the free health insurance and education. My father although was civilian but my grand father was wing commander in his time but still he barely lives on pension being provided by fauji foundation and airforce. Instead of pointing finger and believing propoganda try to do a bit of reasearch as each organisation has a website nowadays to show its activities.
Where? Can you point out any free education programs for the children of soldiers who die in the line of fire or serve at meager wages as security guards if they retire.
I'd love to know about the example of a program offering free education to the children of these soldiers, thanks.

military begging corrupt govt for its expenses ?. PMLn has much vengeance to bring PA on its knees.
:lol: Vengeance. Military draws its budget from national exchequer but neither they are held accountable for the budget spending, nor the use of money generated from these ventures. Probably you should tell your american army to operate on PA and your idelogical fathers i.e. Revolution guards of Iran's pattern as well.

Where? Can you point out any free education programs for the children of soldiers who die in the line of fire or serve at meager wages as security guards if they retire.
I'd love to know about the example of a program offering free education to the children of these soldiers, thanks.

:lol: Vengeance. Military draws its budget from national exchequer but neither they are held accountable for the budget spending, nor the use of money generated from these ventures. Probably you should tell your american army to operate on PA's pattern as well.
Pakistan has one the biggest army. Secured Indian border, Kashmir border, Rangers on duty in Karachi and on top WOT ,Zarbe e azab. Armed forces active and OPERATIONAL 24 hours a day.....is it easy to keep that huge armed forces operational 24/7 If they have their self financing program and internal audit system is not anti state.
Anyway, atleast now you know from govt source, what entities Pak armed force own. Imagine, Pakistani people do not know any asset or hidden asset on foreign land of our PM.

Last edited:
Pakistan has one the biggest army. Secured Indian border, Kashmir border, Rangers on duty in Karachi and on top WOT ,Zarbe e azab. Armed forces active and OPERATIONAL 24 hours a day.....is it easy to keep that huge armed forces operational 24/7 If they have their self financing program and internal audit system is not anti state.
Its not bigger and more engaged than US army.

They forgot Askari Bank, Foundation Securities, Askari securities, Mari petroleum and non corporate marriage halls. The list extends beyond 100 easily.

They have Pentagon. A biggest political influence in US politics.
:lol: Yes the biggest political influence that is usually called up by the congress and grilled viciously.

They forgot Askari Bank, Foundation Securities, Askari securities, Mari petroleum and non corporate marriage halls. The list extends beyond 100 easily.

:lol: Yes the biggest political influence that is usually called up by the congress and grilled viciously.

Zaneesh, we all know you are a very big fan of PML-N so any arguing with you is ones wastage of time and also wastage of ones intellectual capability. Askari Bank comes under Fauji Foundation so does Foundation Securities & Mari Gas. And Mari Gas is 51% owned by FF & rest 49% by the very govt of Pakistan which is currently ruled by your party.

Rather it would be good that instead of wasting others time you yourself study the websites of these organizations which are open about what they are doing & what they own and to how much extent.

http://www.awt.com.pk/home

http://www.fauji.org.pk/fauji/

And don't come up with stupid kind of comments bcoz if you did i will directly through your out. Study first and them come here and argue with facts and findings.

Same advice for others too who are looking for Armed Forces bashing only.

Zaneesh, we all know you are a very big fan of PML-N so any arguing with you is ones wastage of time and also wastage of ones intellectual capability. Askari Bank comes under Fauji Foundation so does Foundation Securities & Mari Gas. And Mari Gas is 51% owned by FF & rest 49% by the very govt of Pakistan which is currently ruled by your party.

Rather it would be good that instead of wasting others time you yourself study the websites of these organizations which are open about what they are doing & what they own and to how much extent.

http://www.awt.com.pk/home

And don't come up with stupid kind of comments bcoz if you did i will directly through your out. Study first and them come here and argue with facts and findings.

Same advice for others too who are looking for Armed Forces bashing only.
So probably you shouldn't waste your time with me as I often don't waste mine with you
1-Probably you should read the term management control, consolidation and subsidary
2-Askari Bank comes under AWT not FF :)

Back
Top Bottom