What's new

Pakistan seeks $6bn for corporate farming from Saudi Arabia, other Gulf nations by 2028

From $25b to now $6b.

I am foreseeing some money coming in from Saudis but no where near the $6b number. Suffice to say the deal would be heavily in favour of the Saudis.

The Saudis and Arab states have setup these deals with alot of countries in South East Asia. Nothing out of the ordinary that can be offered by Pakistan.

Last edited:
From $25b to now $6b.

I am foreseeing some money coming in from Saudis but no where near the $6b number. Suffice to say the deal would be heavily in favour of the Saudis.

The Saudis and Arab states have setup these deals with alot of countries in South East Asia. Nothing out of the ordinary that can be offered by Pakistan.

In general countries are not willing to give up prime farmland to foreigners. You had a few Bangladeshis touting about the benefits of contract farming in Africa. I promise you nothing will come out of these. Food and farmland are prime targets in political football games. Saudis would not touch it unless they have iron clad assurances from the powers in charge

Another dollar grab, land selling scheme by Pakistan army. I hope arabs don't fall for this trap. This kind of investment can be done internally. Foreign countries have no business in where we choose to grow our plants.
Yes - basically get the land for free - or thereabout - and sell for billions to the arabs and then pay no tax on it as it is all done under shaheen/fauji foundations which are charaties - etc..

Back
Top Bottom