What's new

5.8-magnitude earthquake felt in Nashua, Boston area

I was sitting on 2nd floor in an office 60 miles south of Manhattan today, and an unexplainable wavy movement of my grand chair crept up, and I thought my heart beat was extra ordinarily strong today, event causing my chair to throb. Unconvinced, I saw my window curtains behaved like a pendulum... LOL!

i wonder if the die hard right-wingers will accuse earthquakes of being radical Muslims!

:woot:

No worry. Someone’s going to invoke yet another state governor's prayer. :lol:

Felt a nice 10-20 sec shakeup in Toronto as well, first I thought it was the lunch I ate but then whenever everybody started getting up I knew it had to be more than that lol

i live in boston i was on the "john at the time"

well if you were doing #2, maybe it would accelerate the process :D

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

this is kinda sad:

What Really Happened to the National Cathedral in the Quake - National - The Atlantic Wire

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Why the hell does my dog never react ?

I have to kick him to wake him up from sleep during an earthquake before running outside.He continues sleeping happily .

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

maybe he's a pothead :D

People in Toronto claimed they felt something. I didn't know it happened until I saw the news.

Does earthquake affect precision/delicate industries?

Like semicon chip manufacturing etc.

We had a news report in the evening. Some lady was going on about how some aspirin fell off of a drugstore shelve.

there was some over-hype and drama over it....

in all honesty though, shook my place up pretty good. In the link i posted earlier, the National Cathedral took some damage; unfortunately

It's big news in the U.S. because that area is very stable... earthquakes are almost unheard of.

That was probably 5,000 years of tectonic stresses let loose. The area will be stable for another 5,000+ years.

It's big news in the U.S. because that area is very stable... earthquakes are almost unheard of.

That was probably 5,000 years of tectonic stresses let loose. The area will be stable for another 5,000+ years.

We on the east coast are pretty lucky in that regard. No pacific "ring of fire"

Fig22.gif

Back
Top Bottom