What's new

400 Years Of The Indian Navy [Illustration]

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Roots of present-day Indian Navy can be traced back to the establishment of the 'Honourable East India Company Marines' in 1612. Thus, 2012 marked its 400th anniversary.

Names by which the Indian Navy was earlier identified, over the centuries:

Honourable East India Company Marines
Bombay Marine
Her Majesty's Indian Marine
Her Majesty's Indian Navy
Royal Indian Navy
Indian Navy (Present Day)

400-Years-Indian-Navy-IN.jpg

400 Years Of The Indian Navy [Illustration] - AA Me, IN

Actually its given in that picture of the anchor.
The main drawback was, after the Cholas, no kingdom had ever used navy as a instrument of force. It was the westerners who had come banging again.

After or before, no navy from anywhere in the subcontinent, other than that of the Cholas ever waged expeditionary war.

Your namesake, Rajaraja chola I conquered even Maldives - probably the maximum limit that the present day Indian navy can project force to (though that is set to change).

After or before, no navy from anywhere in the subcontinent, other than that of the Cholas ever waged expeditionary war.

Your namesake, Rajaraja chola I conquered even Maldives - probably the maximum limit that the present day Indian navy can project force to.

Its True. Cholas had SL and maldives nearby, and it was necessary to maintain a naval force.
The sub continent was very rich with itself, that the emperors didnt even think of conquering other lands.

Shows the extent of chola dynasty .

Chola_Dynasty.png

If I were SinoChallenger, I would be inclined to say, "Above is clear proof that Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia are a part of India".

In fact, India has never said that they aren't a part of India.

As we grow strength, we should exercise our sovereignty over these territories which were historically part of India.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shows the extent of chola dynasty .

Chola_Dynasty.png

I know this is off topic but I am really curious.
Indians get all hot and bothered by the fact that central Asians invaded India
Yet they are so proud of invading other countries and imposing their religion on them.
What gives?

Yet they are so proud of invading other countries and imposing their religion on them.
What gives?

What other countries??

These have been historically been part of India...ample proof given above.

Next, don't start claiming that India was occupying Pakistan since historical times, since Pakistan is also a part of India (not another country) since historical times.

:laugh: :laugh:

What gives?

Well, common Indians really dont care about that, the relations we have with Central Asian countries like Afg, Tajikstan, etc are all pretty good, which should give you an indication of what we think of Central Asians. What happened in the past is in the past, the current generation of Central Asians have nothing to do with invading India, and do not wih any harm on India, so we get along just fine.

We just reply back to trolling posts regarding those invasions in PDF with more troll posts of our own.

What other countries??

These have been historically been part of India...ample proof given above.

Next, don't start claiming that India was occupying Pakistan since historical times, since Pakistan is also a part of India (not another country) since historical times.

:laugh: :laugh:

:blink:

now you are claiming South East Asia as part of India?
wow, well there is no point talking to you anymore, clearly you are delusional.

Well, common Indians really dont care about that, the relations we have with Central Asian countries like Afg, Tajikstan, etc are all pretty good, which should give you an indication of what we think of Central Asians. What happened in the past is in the past, the current generation of Central Asians have nothing to do with invading India, and do not wih any harm on India, so we get along just fine.

We just reply back to trolling posts regarding those invasions in PDF with more troll posts of our own.

I understand that there is a percentage of posts which are part of the trolling cycle, but you cannot deny that many (maybe most) hindus in India are still upset at the invaders, yet are proud of the above empire.
how do you reconcile those two?
If you are upset at people invading then you should also condemn the invasions above. If you want to glorify that empire, then you should not be as upset about the central Asian invasions.

:blink:

now you are claiming South East Asia as part of India?
wow, well there is no point talking to you anymore, clearly you are delusional.

I understand that there is a percentage of posts which are part of the trolling cycle, but you cannot deny that many (maybe most) hindus in India are still upset at the invaders, yet are proud of the above empire.
how do you reconcile those two?
If you are upset at people invading then you should also condemn the invasions above. If you want to glorify that empire, then you should not be as upset about the central Asian invasions.

Wrong on the bold, except for some hardcore right-wingers (many of whom are probably active in this forum for obvious reasons), I cant think of any reason why a common person from any country would hold grudges for what happened in the past much before his lifetime. UK's invasion of India in many ways was much worse (and more recent) than any other invader, but we still keep good relations with them, so central asians are hardly a matter of concern as you try to portray it. Just like we have good relations with UK, we have excellent relations with Afg, Tajikstan (have an airbase stationed there!), and so on...

Back
Top Bottom