What's new

30 Top North Koean Officials Executed according to Human Rights report

Earlier this week, South Korea abruptly announced it was negotiating a military agreement with China. What surprised the media was the fact this move came just days after Seoul suspended the signing of a similar military pact with Tokyo.

Why is it seeking a military agreement with China, especially when Washington seems to have formed the US-led alliance of encirclement against Beijing, involving Japan, Australia and the Philippines?

Asia Times Online :: South Korea makes waves with China pacts

Because of election politic Obama dispatched envoys to North Korea earlier this weeks, in an attempt to score a political win, without informing Korea and Japan gives her allies the chills.

China has launched a crackdown on illegal immigration in its northeast region bordering North Korea,
It's not called "illegal immigration" outside of China, it's called "refugee" by the UN, who deserve legal protection as refugees. Russia provides refugee status to any North Koreans who ask for one, so that North Korean labors can simply walk away from the work camp and go to a local authority and claim a refugee status, which will then be provided.

Earlier this week, South Korea abruptly announced it was negotiating a military agreement with China. What surprised the media was the fact this move came just days after Seoul suspended the signing of a similar military pact with Tokyo.

Why is it seeking a military agreement with China, especially when Washington seems to have formed the US-led alliance of encirclement against Beijing, involving Japan, Australia and the Philippines?

Asia Times Online :: South Korea makes waves with China pacts

Because of election politic Obama dispatched envoys to North Korea earlier this weeks, in an attempt to score a political win, without informing Korea and Japan gives her allies the chills.
Very interesting. I really hope Obama wouldn't do anything as drastic and stupid as that.

It is a meaningless pact trying to assure the Chinese government who are alarmed by the prospect of the US-Korea-Japan three way military alliance.

It's not called "illegal immigration" outside of China, it's called "refugee" by the UN, who deserve legal protection as refugees. Russia provides refugee status to any North Koreans who ask for one, so that North Korean labors can simply walk away from the work camp and go to a local authority and claim a refugee status, which will then be provided.

it is actually called bonzi by chinese - sure bonzi may bear different names outside china, but in asia, we get to name things, so bonzi it is

Very interesting. I really hope Obama wouldn't do anything as drastic and stupid as that.

Obama did send the envoys. Whether he made any deals or not we don't know.

That statement was from the newspaper in my link. My statement: China already rescinded the repatriation of NK refugees.

It is a meaningless pact trying to assure the Chinese government who are alarmed by the prospect of the US-Korea-Japan three way military alliance.

We can only guest.

Obama did send the envoys. Whether he made any deals or not we don't know.

O
That statement was from the newspaper in my link. My statement: China already rescinded the repatriation of NK refugees.

We can only guest.
Well I know we sent the envoys but that doesn't necessarily mean we were trying to cut unilateral deals.

" There is a possibility that the Obama administration will go for unilateralism to seek a rare foreign policy success concerning North Korea in its final months in office before the US presidential election in November. This would undoubtedly give South Korea and Japan the chills."

Hell, that gives ME the chills.

Back
Top Bottom