What's new

$3 billion from Saudi Arabia to the Lebanese National Army

@al-Hasani

On one hand you call for fighting HZ and Iran with all you got, but on the another hand you whine over helping building a strong Lebanese army to counter HZ and yet Iranian presence in Lebanon. What do you want?:undecided:
A girlfrien, and a room. Lol

Or come to dubai I am still here for 2 more days I will drive u around.

Did the Lebanese army even accept the offer ? They should cut the hands of the Saudis, even if the extended hands are filled with bribes, oops i mean generous money.

The situation in Lebanon is really bad. The country is in chaos and it should not side with Iran against Saudi Arabia, or vice versa. Riyadh ‘washes its hands’ of Lebanon - FT.com

The king could have sent this money to the Future Movement or even Salafists if he was sectarian. Yet, the money or weapons were directed to national institution under the control and within the context of the state and under no conditions.

It appears that the Iranian regime plays it like this: weaken every central government by creating a loyal militia – then blackmail this central government with this militia whenever necessary.

This is how they have been operating in Iraq since 2003, in Lebanon since the civil war, and in Yemen using the Houthis.

Lately in Yemen, they have targeted the Yemeni armed forces to strangle the Yemeni government (which is already shaking).

The Yemeni Ministry of Defense was bombed by the Houthis militia -- and a number of the army’s leaders were targeted as well for assassination.

Did the Lebanese army even accept the offer ? They should cut the hands of the Saudis, even if the extended hands are filled with bribes, oops i mean generous money.

When it comes to corruption, the Russians must manage to keep their mouths shut, once and for all. :lol:

The situation in Lebanon is really bad. The country is in chaos and it should not side with Iran against Saudi Arabia, or vice versa. Riyadh ‘washes its hands’ of Lebanon - FT.com

The king could have sent this money to the Future Movement or even Salafists if he was sectarian. Yet, the money or weapons were directed to national institution under the control and within the context of the state and under no conditions.

It's crystal clear, that the donation will go through the state. Otherwise there is no point for making a public statement on it.

I agree. Looking at it isolated it is a very kind gesture but the question is, in my opinion a big one, if this will have any effect on the ground. More importantly what do we get out from this?

I agree. Looking at it isolated it is a very kind gesture but the question is, in my opinion a big one, if this will have any effect on the ground. More importantly what do we get out from this?

Supposedly you get an army capable of protecting Muslims .. Sunnis/Shias, Christians, Duruz and the country as a whole. Thus, hezbollahis wont have any excuse to have the Iranian proxy in the south.

A strong Lebanese army demolishes Nasrallah's legitimacy that Nasrallah himself claim to have.

Supposedly you get an army capable of protecting Muslims .. Sunnis/Shias, Christians, Duruz and the country as a whole. Thus, hezbollahis wont have any excuse to have the Iranian proxy in the south.

A strong Lebanese army demolishes Nasrallah's legitimacy that Nasrallah himself claim to have.

I hope that you are right brother. Insha'Allah. We will see. What all of us Sunni Arabs have realized is who the enemy is and we will not allow their negative meddling as history has shown again and again.

I hope that you are right brother. Insha'Allah. We will see. What all of us Sunni Arabs have realized is who the enemy is and we will not allow their negative meddling as history has shown again and again.

What I find really interesting here is how the kingdom chose french weaponry to boost the Lebanese army.

I see a new French-Saudi alliance because of the two's disappointment in US regional policy.

Arab militaries don't protect their countries, try comprehending that. Arabic resistance organizations that fought occupation do and have.

Arab militaries don't protect their countries, try comprehending that. Arabic resistance organizations that fought occupation do and have.

Including Egypt's, Algeria's, Tunisia's, and the UAE? :what:

If so then I suppose you do support Al-Qaida, don't you?

Back
Top Bottom