What's new

2nd Fast Attack Craft (FAC) Launched in Karachi

He wanted to say C-602 i guess.

thanks for correction.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

I think C-602 has more than 250km range.

i understand your point bro. :)

I just share what i hear through reliable sources, not mere rumors because my info is not internet limited.

I will back nabil here. Several sources have confirmed to me that C803 and C602 are in PN's arsenal, i confirmed this info quite a while ago here on PDF after some punk released this info. In my opinion this news should have never been released, but ahh well what can you do now.

cant we just erase the posts in which people leak out secret stuff? its not helping the country u know!

i only say things that i am authorized for. In my opinion, the C-602 should have been covered instead of C-803 because of longer range, lethality and flexibility of being able to be launched from sea or land.

i only say things that i am authorized for. In my opinion, the C-602 should have been covered instead of C-803 because of longer range, lethality and flexibility of being able to be launched from sea or land.

but isn't C-602 a bit bigger in size..?
F-22Ps are the only large ships PN has from chinese origin and i dont think they can accomodate them.

I will back nabil here. Several sources have confirmed to me that C803 and C602 are in PN's arsenal, i confirmed this info quite a while ago here on PDF after some punk released this info. In my opinion this news should have never been released, but ahh well what can you do now.
Oh! come on don't worry we still have lot of stuff in our inventory to surprise the enemies.....Insha-Allah...:agree:

Again, there may be several valid reasons why it is not (yet) in Sipri's database. Does that somehow qualify Sipri as an unreliable source of information (relative to wiki, blogs/fora of but also govt websites, international defence journals e.g. janes)?

but isn't C-602 a bit bigger in size..?
F-22Ps are the only large ships PN has from chinese origin and i dont think they can accomodate them.

Compare Chinese Type 52B and Type 52C. They share the same underlying basic shipplatform but the former has 16 boxlaunchers for Yj82/yj83, the latter 8 tubelaunchers for Yj/62.

yj62 Dimensions:
Length 7 m (incl. 0.9 m booster)
Diameter 0.54 meter
Wingspan 2.9 meter (unfolded)
Weight 1,350 kg (2,976 lb), of which 1,240kg missile and remainder booster
Warhead 300 kg (661 lb)

yj82/3 dimensions
Length 6.4 m of which 0.6 m booster
Diameter 0.36 cm
Wingspan 0.72 m (folded), 1.22 m (unfolded);
Weight 715 kg
Warhead 165 kg

To share the same boxlauncher, yj 83 dimensions are similar to yj 82, but the former has sharper nose, immproved turbojet, larger boxy underbody airintake, tailmounted datalink antenna

Not only is the missile almost twise as heavy, the supporting tubelaunchers and deckmountings will also be heavier to accommdate. I would think the potential of F22P for c-602 is limited therefor to 2 stacked pairs (4 missiles) at best. For units under 500 tons, it probably is not an option due to size/weight restrictions. Around 500 tons, you would be looking at a project 1241 Molnya / Nato Tarantul / IN Veer -like boat, due to the missile length.

Back
Top Bottom