What's new

2nd Fast Attack Craft (FAC) Launched in Karachi

further details of Craft are kept secret.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I was assuming this might launch in November but it was quick completed same as first one completed before time in china and is on trial.Both will be inducted after trial in April 2012.
Good going Navy:tup:

Just 2 of them?
I heard PN need to replace several old attack boats. Why not place more order of this type of ship? It takes only a few month to build them.

Two ships already wow that was FAST .. no wonder they call it the fast attack boat

At this rate we can make 10 in no time

Oh Yes! the craft looks great. I guess its speed is alright too. I mean its not as fast as it shold be but its in the middle ranges. I hope it need to be enhanced to 40-50 knots in near future cuz all western ships are coming out to be 30+ Knots in very near future.:smokin:

The only relevance of high speed is getting from point A to point B, or from port to operation area. In a modern battle speed has less important than avionics and weapon range. You can not evade an incoming missile whether your speed is 30 knots or 50knots. Either you shoot down the missile or you direct it away with decoy/chaff.

Speed is only relevance when the major naval weapons were guns and torpedoes because these weapons are short range, and if you have speed advantage, you would be the one to decide whether to engage or dis-engage a gun battle by closing or pulling away at high speed. Also high speed can be used to out-run a torpedo.

Does this use water jet propulsion or normal propeller?

Normal propeller......4 of them. You can see that in the pictures....search here or the other thread on Azmat class.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Hi,

The speed is too low----the smugglers etc have higher spped boats and so does the enemy.

I was wondering the same thing, it has 4 diesels powering 4 propellers....speed should've been more than 30 knots.

The only relevance of high speed is getting from point A to point B, or from port to operation area. In a modern battle speed has less important than avionics and weapon range. You can not evade an incoming missile whether your speed is 30 knots or 50knots. Either you shoot down the missile or you direct it away with decoy/chaff.

Speed is only relevance when the major naval weapons were guns and torpedoes because these weapons are short range, and if you have speed advantage, you would be the one to decide whether to engage or dis-engage a gun battle by closing or pulling away at high speed. Also high speed can be used to out-run a torpedo.

Yes! ure absolutely right...I meant high speed cuz we need to cover vast area of sea shore like 600km away from the bay. so we must have fast crafts to reach in less time anywhere...but for evading the missiles we need to have some anti-missile systems the most modern kind available....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Is it a racing competition? Ammo along with sensors are used to get the job done speed remains relevant only to an extent.
Ure absolutely right! but he meant high speed especially for ani-pirates tasks etc...:smokin:

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Just 2 of them?
I heard PN need to replace several old attack boats. Why not place more order of this type of ship? It takes only a few month to build them.
Yes! I guess we realli need at least 10 of them.....:smokin:

When this project started last year, it was said initially two boat will be manufactured one in each country with TOT and then two more on same pattern after completion of first two.So initial contract was signed for two.Hopefully once both delivered, work on next two FAC will start.

dear members, Do you think with four C-802 missile these boats will be just patrolling boats.Of course no but a defensive and offensive fast boat.:cool:
For smuggler trafficking we have other options such gun boats we received from USA last year.

Normal propeller......4 of them. You can see that in the pictures....search here or the other thread on Azmat class.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I was wondering the same thing, it has 4 diesels powering 4 propellers....speed should've been more than 30 knots.

Remember other PATROL craft

e.g. Chinese Type 062 / Nato Shanghai class
Displacement:
Shanghai-I: 125 tonnes (123 long tons; 138 short tons) full
Shanghai-II: 135 tonnes (133 long tons; 149 short tons) full
Propulsion: 2 × Soviet M50F-4 diesel engines, 1,200 hp (895 kW)
2 × 12D6 diesel engines, 910 hp (679 kW), 4 × shafts
Speed: 28.5 knots (52.8 km/h; 32.8 mph)
Type 062 class gunboat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese Type 037 / Nato Hainan class
Displacement: 400 tonnes (390 long tons; 440 short tons)
Propulsion: 4 × diesel engines, 8,800 hp (6,562 kW), 4 × shafts
Speed: 30.5 knots (56.5 km/h; 35.1 mph)
Type 037 class submarine chaser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As opposed to e.g. ATTACK boats

Chinese Type 024 / NATO Hegu class / USSR Komar missile boat
Displacement: 79 t (Komar 66 t)
Speed: 38 kt (Komar 44 kt)
Propulsion: 4 Soviet M50 or Chinese L-12V-180 diesel engines @ 4,800 with 4 shafts
Type 024 class missile boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Komar class missile boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For higher speed surface targets, the use of a helicopter or patrol aircraft is more effective

Remember other PATROL craft

e.g. Chinese Type 062 / Nato Shanghai class
Displacement:
Shanghai-I: 125 tonnes (123 long tons; 138 short tons) full
Shanghai-II: 135 tonnes (133 long tons; 149 short tons) full
Propulsion: 2 × Soviet M50F-4 diesel engines, 1,200 hp (895 kW)
2 × 12D6 diesel engines, 910 hp (679 kW), 4 × shafts
Speed: 28.5 knots (52.8 km/h; 32.8 mph)
Type 062 class gunboat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese Type 037 / Nato Hainan class
Displacement: 400 tonnes (390 long tons; 440 short tons)
Propulsion: 4 × diesel engines, 8,800 hp (6,562 kW), 4 × shafts
Speed: 30.5 knots (56.5 km/h; 35.1 mph)
Type 037 class submarine chaser - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As opposed to e.g. ATTACK boats

Chinese Type 024 / NATO Hegu class / USSR Komar missile boat
Displacement: 79 t (Komar 66 t)
Speed: 38 kt (Komar 44 kt)
Propulsion: 4 Soviet M50 or Chinese L-12V-180 diesel engines @ 4,800 with 4 shafts
Type 024 class missile boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Komar class missile boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For higher speed surface targets, the use of a helicopter or patrol aircraft is more effective
So this means China has faster crafts than what we making together. So they can make faster than these too....cool....:)

With the recent visit from the Swedish Air Force this week to Pakistan, maybe we can equip our gunships with this

Futureweapons: Mark 110 57mm Naval Gun - YouTube

i guess we don't need this kind of gun for our Naval ships. cuz I don't see anything special in it regarding targetting and destruction. I guess its price is higher than the regular guns and its bullet looks too costly to me....:smokin:

Last edited by a moderator:
With the recent visit from the Swedish Air Force this week to Pakistan, maybe we can equip our gunships with this

Futureweapons: Mark 110 57mm Naval Gun - YouTube

There isn't anything particularly special about this gun, which in the essence has been around since the early 1960s. Getting/Making 3P-like ammo for the F22P's russian-derived chinese 76mm would be just fine, in terms of gun performance enhancement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom