What's new

27 Feb 19: PAF shot down two Indian aircrafts inside Pakistani airspace: DG ISPR

lol.JPG

There’s a saying in Christianity that what the devil meant in bad, god turned into good.

This entire foolish and chest thumping Indian exercise has been refused to just hot air. And the JF-17 every country is gonna take notice of that machine. This turned into a great JF-17 sales pitch. Love it.

sir i am civilian so asking this...does mki record all the confrontation...like if it attacks a target in air and ground...the footage is recorded by the MKI ?
me too civilian buddy....

But that would be a win for pak so why afraid tell me the truth because this is a tight slap on face of our airforce if true.
Any creditable source?
it is not win for PAF... infact, it makes them look bad..

The smartest thing done was exactly. Pakistan have no point to prove besides we can reach into India and hurt them. PAF has photographic evidence of the sites and how the targeting was changed from it to drop ordinance on open spaces right next to the targeted locations. They know what we did and we know what we did! That is what matters here.

Why would Pakistan want to incur casualties on India if India's bombing run did not inflict human or, material damage on our side?

De-escalation is right way, and PM Khan has again pushed India for talks.

Yes. Good post.
From the Moeed Pirzada show of yesterday--and I know I keep bringing it up--it was evident that, while Pakistani planners had realized that there was no loss of life, even property in Pakistan--except for the poor trees--Pakistan HAD to do something. So Pakistan decided to hit from the Pakistani Kashmir into India but target nothing too important. That was planned. A face-saving both sides. But... looks like Indian ego was too big and they decided to venture into Pakistan. Thus began the un-wanted escalation.
As I quoted Ikram Sehgal--a Pakistani defense analyst yesterday--Pakistan will respond. But the question is whether India will stomach that response. I think India should have absorbed a symbolic hit. Maybe both countries would show some old footage of destroyed buildings and aircrafts and be done with it. Not hard to do so. I think the back-channel work, especially by Americans, was to find some mutual face-saving way out.
But... Indians proved damned fools in this case. They fell into the trap today where Pakistan refused to fall into yesterday.

Offtopic[apologies]
Just came to know that India have got their azz beaten badly by the Aussies in the T20 match also. 1 more hour remaining in this black day for India :D

Inshallah... This is how it should be and inshallah we will treat this son of indian soil like the way we treat sons of our soil.
No, Pakistan will do no such things.

Pakistan will treat these pilots as legal prisoners of war (POW), even if no official declaration of war exists. These pilots will receive medical treatment and will be quartered according to their ranks. Their return to India maybe negotiated but in the meantime, Pakistan will do the honorable thing and respect these men for what they are -- fellow men-at-arms.

This man should be treated honorably. He did what he did for his country. As someone who has had a family member as a PoW (I really hope he does not become one..meaning we don't have a war!), I would want him to be treated well and professionally. All indications are that is the case.
Yep. And that is a point in Pakistan's favor.

Any interviews broadcast of the crowd who tried to beat him up?

Yes. Good post.
From the Moeed Pirzada show of yesterday--and I know I keep bringing it up--it was evident that, while Pakistani planners had realized that there was no loss of life, even property in Pakistan--except for the poor trees--Pakistan HAD to do something. So Pakistan decided to hit from the Pakistani Kashmir into India but target nothing too important. That was planned. A face-saving both sides. But... looks like Indian ego was too big and they decided to venture into Pakistan. Thus began the un-wanted escalation.
As I quoted Ikram Sehgal--a Pakistani defense analyst yesterday--Pakistan will respond. But the question is whether India will stomach that response. I think India should have absorbed a symbolic hit. Maybe both countries would show some old footage of destroyed buildings and aircrafts and be done with it. Not hard to do so. I think the back-channel work, especially by Americans, was to find some mutual face-saving way out.
But... Indians proved damned fools in this case. They fell into the trap today where Pakistan refused to fall into yesterday.

The bad thing about a war is that it can't be planned.

I will never forget the words of the Pak Army Spokesman Maj. Ghafoor from his press conference yesterday: "In Urdu language, there's saying that a wise enemy is better than a foolish friend. But our enemy India has turned out to be a foolish enemy".

He was alluding to the tall Indian (official!!) claim of the strike against Pakistan where '350 terrorists' were killed in some 'buildings'.

Of course it would be impossible for Pak Army to hide that kind of damage inside Pakistan in such a populated region like Mansehra: The dead bodies/funerals, the injured to the hospitals, the bomb parts, the destroyed buildings... all those are just not possible to hide when only a couple of men with cell phones can document them and it would go 'viral'.

Fools Indians!!! Should have just narrated some face-saving but believable story about their strikes. Damn fools!!!

PS. So my American wife, alarmed and asked me after work/5 pm yesterday, is it true that India has attacked 'terrorists' inside Pakistan? I said: What else you expect the Indians to say? Since 9/11 any country can attack anyone on the pretext of attacking 'terrorists'.
You must feel very proud telling her today that we downed two Indian war planes and captured their pilots.

Back
Top Bottom