What's new

200 PAF Pilots were contracted to fly UAE F-16s in 1999

Training them for money and equipment is cool,
But fighting on behalf of them for money defeats the purpose of the "P" in PAF.
But this is all history now :D

so the US was scared of what.... I mean hadd hoti hai yaar.....:-)

Just wondering, why do not they hire their own people? Is it like they are so rich that they do not want to be fighter pilot?? Honestly...sometime i do not understand how a nation state operates in Gulf where they do most of their things from outsiders...

pakistan_air_force_pilots_f-16_atlc_uae_2009_01.jpg

Just wondering, why do not they hire their own people? Is it like they are so rich that they do not want to be fighter pilot?? Honestly...sometime i do not understand how a nation state operates in Gulf where they do most of their things from outsiders...

Their cricket team also contains Pakistani players they love Pakistan.:partay: :pakistan:

they want best and perfect things, that's why they hire person with best experience

So did UAE end up getting the software codes? :D

Also, @Windjammer why was U.S so reluctant to let PAF pilots fly F-16 block 60s? Its not that PAF will fly the planes and learn how to build such advance machines or something. I don't understand the whole issue. Clarify

they want best and perfect things, that's why they hire person with best experience

Come on man...Do you think that all the Arabs are not best in fighting...Rather i feel they do not want their civilian to die so they basically hire outsiders to fight their war..Do not just think too much that you are the only fighter available in the world...

Come on man...Do you think that all the Arabs are not best in fighting...Rather i feel they do not want their civilian to die so they basically hire outsiders to fight their war..Do not just think too much that you are the only fighter available in the world...
lets suppose you have millions of dollars in your bank account and digits are increasing day by day.. would you join Armed forces??

The UAEAF consists of about 4,000 personnel.

In the 1970s and 80s, the UAEAF was instructed by Pakistan Air Force pilots on Dassault Mirage IIIs, the backbone of the UAEAF at the time. Even today, many of the personnel are ex-Pakistan Air Force officers and technicians. Most of the flying instructors at Al Ain are from Pakistan, training pilots using Grob G 115, Pilatus PC-7, Aermacchi MB-339, andBAE Hawk 63 aircraft. A few officers of No. 12 Squadron (Hawk 102) at Al Minhad Air Base, are also from the Pakistan Air Force. Some of these officers are on deputation (active service), but most are on civilian contracts with the Air Force Headquarters in Abu Dhabi. Numerous officers of other nationalities have also trained UAE pilots, among them Pakistanis, Moroccans, Canadians, Jordanians, and South Africans.
Lets NOT forget the first 4 Air Chiefs were Pakistanis.

Btw, this is just the tip of the iceberg ;)

Last edited:

I am not sure any other country's fighter pilots are available for lease..
And I am also not sure why they don't train their pilots instead of hiring ...

Back
Top Bottom