What's new

20 Taliban militants killed in clashes with Police force in S. Afghanistan

Gandhi G in da house

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
20 Taliban militants killed in clashes with security forces in S. Afghanistan - Xinhua | English.news.cn

At least 20 Taliban militants were killed during a massive clash with security forces in southern Afghan province of Helmand on Monday, an official said on Tuesday morning.

"An estimated 80 to 100 Taliban militants launched a massive attack at Afghan Local Police (ALP) checkposts in Dustanzai area of Helmand province on Monday morning and the clashes lasted for some 10 hours, leaving 20 militants dead," administration chief of Sangin district, Mohammad Sharif, told Xinhua.

He said a Taliban senior leader named Muwlawi Yasin was among the killed and five other militants were injured in the incident.

According to Sharif, two policemen with the ALP were also killed and six other policemen got injured in the attack in the province, 555 km south of capital Kabul.

_________________________________________________________________________________

:lol: Even the Afghan Police has started kicking Taliban's **** now .

20 Taliban dead and only 2 police officers that too when Taliban attacked with 80-100 people .

My confidence in Afghan security forces is really beginning to grow.

This shows that in direct combat the Taliban can't do much harm . They only manage to kill through suicide bombings , hiding IED's and doing silent hit and run type of attacks .

Great work by Afghan Police !!! :cheers: ... Rot in Hell Talibaan !!!...
On the other hand, I am sure there are some people who would be mourning demise of "Good Taalibaan"... :girl_wacko:

Good job Afghanistan but sorry for the lost of those two valuable lives and ROT IN HELL COWARD TALIBAN.

These are some of the achievements ANSF had this year::

Five Taliban militants killed, 21 detained in operations in Afghanistan - Trend

14 Taliban militants killed in operations in Afghanistan - Trend

19 Insurgents Killed in Clashes Across 9 Provinces

25 insurgents killed in Afghanistan within 24 hours: gov't - People's Daily Online

3 Insurgent Leaders Captured in Afghan Raids

Several insurgents detained, ISAF

17 Taliban commanders killed in Afghan southern province - Trend

Taliban Leader, 6 Other Insurgents Killed in Airstrike

36 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan | The Asian Age

Five Afghan police, 28 Taliban militants killed in clashes - Trend

NDS Foils Assassination Attempt on Takhar Provincial Council

Farah: 4 Taliban Killed in Attack on ANA checkpoint

8 Taliban killed in operations in Afghanistan - PakTribune

Nangarhar: 1 Killed, 5 Injured in Bomb Maker' s Household

NDS Thwarts Five Insurgent Attacks

Afghan Taliban guerrilla leader caught - UPI.com

Afghan insurgent attacks down: A sign of widening Taliban fractures? - CSMonitor.com

18 Taliban militants killed, 23 detained in operations in Afghanistan - Trend

NDS Arrests Suicide Attackers, Intercepts Order to Torch Schools

Former Taliban Stronghold Faces The Post-U.S. Future : NPR

NDS Arrests Five Insurgents in Explosive-Laden Vehicle

Five suicide bombers held in Kabul

17 Insurgents Killed in Afghan Operations

21 rebels killed in Afghan operations

Afghan Militia Wins Uneasy Peace - WSJ.com

29 Kalashnikovs Seized From Car In Kabul

Afghan forces kill 8 Taliban fighters including commander - Trend

31 Insurgents Killed in Kandahar Operations

Afghan forces hunt down prison escapees - CNN.com

45 militants killed in Afghanistan - Hindustan Times

3 Taliban bomb-making experts detained in S. Afghanistan: official - Xinhua | English.news.cn

3 Pakistanis killed while

Afghan police is now quiet capable of handling security issues, before we saw military police in Kabul for security threats but nowadays we see Afghan National Civil Order Police for such duties!

After NATO air strike which killed 18 civilians in Logar province (where I belong to) Taliban had their party they come out of their holes and blocked the roads and burned some cars later ANSF started an operation in which 28 Taliban were detained and killed; 9 motar cycles, hundreds of shells, motars, rocket launchers, AK-47s, PKs and ammunition were captured.

Excellent job. The day will be happiest when last talibani scum is eradicated from Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I see that for Afghanistan only because Pakistani forces don't have 20% of those achievements in Pakistan and thus it shows they don't have any commitment to eradicate those scums!

:lol: Even the Afghan Police has started kicking Taliban's **** now .

20 Taliban dead and only 2 police officers that too when Taliban attacked with 80-100 people .

My confidence in Afghan security forces is really beginning to grow.

This shows that in direct combat the Taliban can't do much harm . They only manage to kill through suicide bombings , hiding IED's and doing silent hit and run type of attacks .

Read the list I have posted, even their suicide plans are foiled; IED has lost it's effectiveness after giving thousands of civilian causalities Taliban got strict warnings from local people.

The effectivenes of the afghan police is getting better and better. I am quite confident that Afghanistan can handle their internal threat themselves once america leaves Afghanistan. And the exeperinces that the afghan police got from shootout with the talibans will come in handy in the future.

I see that for Afghanistan only because Pakistani forces don't have 20% of those achievements in Pakistan and thus it shows they don't have any commitment to eradicate those scums!

Atleast you can free Afghanistan from the terrorists.
As for Pakistani taliban and haqqanis, and other taliban remnants in Pakistan, US drones are pounding them hard and eliminating them.

There is a difference. In Afghanistan, ANA supported by NATO is fighting against people whom it sees as foreign terrorists sent by Pakistan to convert Afghanistan into its strategic depth. In Pakistan, FC/PA is fighting a group which a large part of Pakistan, including its armed forces sees as their own brethren/creation/old friends. Therein lies the difference of motivation of the troops which makes all the difference in the result of a fight. And that is why Afghanistan will win and probably Pakistan will lose (if not already lost) the battle against terrorism.

Only Afghan security forces can get rid of Taliban...all they need is logistic support. NATO should rather assist them to eradicate Taliban....:smokin:

sherdil,you should think before you speak. Why? Lets argue.

1. There is a major difference between mountain warfare and urban warfare.

2. All the achievemnts you are showing are achieved under urban warfare scenario.

3. Show me the success of afghan security forces in mountainous warfare?

4. Talking about nooristan, paktia where your dear afghans launch attacks on Pakistan, why dont you have success there?

5. Talking about pakistani forces. Open google map and see weather Pakistani forces are fighting a urban warfare or fighting in a terrain where there is jungles, mountains, high peaks harsh terrain?

6: remember sawat? How we had success there? It's easy to talk in urban warfare send your ANSF to nooristan and paktia border areas than we will see hoe fairly they are judged

sherdil,you should think before you speak. Why? Lets argue.

1. There is a major difference between mountain warfare and urban warfare.

2. All the achievemnts you are showing are achieved under urban warfare scenario.

3. Show me the success of afghan security forces in mountainous warfare?

Don't make me laugh buddy open all the news, take their locations and see the map you will than find it was urban warfare or mountainous warfare!

4. Talking about nooristan, paktia where your dear afghans launch attacks on Pakistan, why dont you have success there?

I tell you again read the links I have posted!

5. Talking about pakistani forces. Open google map and see weather Pakistani forces are fighting a urban warfare or fighting in a terrain where there is jungles, mountains, high peaks harsh terrain?

Indeed if there is a fight than why there is no result in hand?

6: remember sawat? How we had success there? It's easy to talk in urban warfare send your ANSF to nooristan and paktia border areas than we will see hoe fairly they are judged

There was no success your army tortured innocent locals and the militants flee to Waziristan.

Sooner or later Taliban will win and the crusader backed,heroin dealing, corrupt "government" will lose...

Back
Top Bottom